Where was QB coach Moore first 8 games, why was Dak missing throws etc?

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Well that's the reason why I'm expecting the exact same offense next year lol. Everyone was excited to see Linehan go but this playbook will remain regardless of who's OC. Its why all of the "candidates" are mostly guys who are already in-house.

Man the sound of that is just ... :facepalm:

SackMaster

Reaction score
Lack of confidence in your receivers and offensive line will do that.
It's like a QB may actually have to play in game-like situations to get the confidence in his oline and chemistry with his receivers.

Quick!!!!!! Someone let the Cowboys coaches know they are allowed to play their starting QB in preseason games before they sit their QB in PS again next year.
:muttley:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Man the sound of that is just ... :facepalm:
I'm expecting it man lol...people can call me doom and gloom if they want but it seems the only way to get rid of this offense and playbook is to get rid of Garrett.
Its why I said in another thread Garrett has this organization by the balls just as much as they do him. He's not a "puppet" to Jerry. If he was we would've been had a REAL OC and a REAL OFFENSE. But instead, we have this same offense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's like a QB may actually have to play in game-like situations to get the confidence in his oline and chemistry with his receivers.

Quick!!!!!! Someone let the Cowboys coaches know they are allowed to play their starting QB in preseason games before they sit their QB in PS again next year.
Yeah let's see them make that mistake again of treating preseason as a exhibition game. They handled like a joke and their season started off as a joke too.

tm1119

Reaction score
The QB coach is supposed to make the QB throw the ball more accurately? What world do you live in?

HungryLion

Reaction score

Great point.

Not playing the starting offense in the 3rd preseason game the “dress rehearsal” game was a huge mistake by the coaching staff.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
All the OP ever did was claim to like Romo and start thread after thread running him down .......... now he is gonna do the same thing to Dak.

Pathetic.

jnday

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter who the QB coach or OC is when they are limited by talent.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ok football gurus where was QB coach Kellen Moore those first 8 games, you all remember Troy Aikman
saying either you have accuracy or you dont, we all remember the wide open throws Dak was missing.
How about when Terry Bradshaw said you cant miss those wide open throws, where was Kellen Moore then.

Reports that i heard was Jason Garrett got control back from Jerry Jones for offense away from Linehan,
we hired Hudson Houch back and TE coach Ne..... helped out, who was offensive coordinator with Cooper when he was at Alabama.

If you all saw on sidelines Linehan would all be nice polite to Dak, even Kellen Moore would try to talk to Dak some and Dak would look away sometimes. Not pay attention but you never saw a coach drill or get onto Dak.

We need a coach that can get in Dak's face when need to, challenge him and Dak not look away, you cant baby a QB at times, just like Parcells would chew out Romo, that QB coach sure has to be the
QB's friend but also be strict tough on him when need arises, you cant baby a QB.

And now your asking a guy that has never called plays or schemed against veteran defensive coordinators,
look at how Kris Richard got out schemed agaisnt Seattle the first game of season, they beat us bad,
how Kris Richard got man handled scheme wise in the Ram game

YOU need sure young experienced offensive coordinator, to rev up this same old old offense scheme,
but to go with a young inexperienced offensive coordinator is asking for trouble.

This has been gone over time and time again:

-Oline was a joke
-pass catchers were a joke (Hurns, Rookie WR, practice squad TE's)
-All QB's miss throws
-Garrett gave Dak about 2 quarters of preseason work
-Qb had no confidence in his receivers, and little time to work with them
-horrible scheme

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
This dumb argument that Dak misses open targets is just that, dumb. You can't show me one QB that never missed open targets. Brady is said to be the goat and has made a career in check down, dink and dunk passes butt you never hear anything when he misses open targets. Mahomes was praised this season, guess what he missed open receivers as well. Goff did, Brees did, Wilson did, Big Ben, Wentz, Foles, Rivers the list goes on.

I challenge anybody to show me a QB that never missed an open receiver.

rags747

Reaction score
I’m buying what Troy started “you are either accurate or you are not”. Talent cannot be taught. An 80 IQ will never be a 125 IQ no matter what teacher u have. A farm horse will never be a thoroughbred. You are what you are, we have an overachiever at qb but he will never be a thoroughbred blue chipper. Can you win with an overachiever, sure.

rags747

Reaction score
This dumb argument that Dak misses open targets is just that, dumb. You can't show me one QB that never missed open targets. Brady is said to be the goat and has made a career in check down, dink and dunk passes butt you never hear anything when he misses open targets. Mahomes was praised this season, guess what he missed open receivers as well. Goff did, Brees did, Wilson did, Big Ben, Wentz, Foles, Rivers the list goes on.

I challenge anybody to show me a QB that never missed an open receiver.
Yep, Mahomes sure did miss open passes all year...About 5k yards and 50 td’s worth. Did unsee Brady’s last drive, all dink and dunk like a freaking surgeon. We should be so lucky. Dak misses open targets consistently and throws for about 1 td per game, when he throws 2 td’s it’s like it’s totally manic. He is not in the same zip code as any of the qb’s that u mentioned, maybe Wentz, maybe.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Yelling at Dak isn't going to make him suddenly hit Amari in stride. It's about footwork, mechanics, and confidence. Dak arguably takes winning as seriously as anybody on the team. If anything, this suggestion would make the situation worse IMO.
It's a Process..

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yep, Mahomes sure did miss open passes all year...About 5k yards and 50 td’s worth. Did unsee Brady’s last drive, all dink and dunk like a freaking surgeon. We should be so lucky. Dak misses open targets consistently and throws for about 1 td per game, when he throws 2 td’s it’s like it’s totally manic. He is not in the same zip code as any of the qb’s that u mentioned, maybe Wentz, maybe.
Still waiting on you or anybody to show me a QB that doesn't miss open targets.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Not to defend Moore in any way, but you could also say he had an equal hand in Dak’s 2nd half resurgence. It goes both ways....
And no I don’t want to see Moore as the OC in any shape or form...

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Anyone that thinks that during the limited practice time that QBs have with QB coaches during the week will be used for mechanics are misinformed.

They use their practice time to mainly implement the gameplan and various nuances.

Mechanical issues such as footwork or release point are by far worked on morein the offseason with specialized coaches or in traing camp with existing staff.

Correct. Dak works with John Beck alongside Tom House and Adam Dedeaux at 3DQB. He supposedly changed his throwing motion in the off-season.

Reaction score
According to Cam Cameron in a video put out just before the playoffs, there were certain aspects of Dak's game that were not addressed in the off-season when John Beck was working on Dak's throwing motion. The team got back with Beck at some point during the season and worked with Dak to fix these issues, apparently with success.

I don't remember exactly what these things were, but Cameron said that if they'd been taken care of in the off-season, Dak would have been good from the beginning. His opinion, not mine.
Then Dak needs to live at Becks house, wash his car, vaccuum the house and do his laundry.

Whatever it is, it has to be fixed.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I don’t think “getting in his face” is the way to fix Dak’s mechanical issues, which are what lead to the inaccurate throws.

Dude, are you new here.

Coaches that scream and get in player's faces are good.

Coaches that are level headed and treat players like adults are idiots

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok football gurus where was QB coach Kellen Moore those first 8 games, you all remember Troy Aikman
saying either you have accuracy or you dont, we all remember the wide open throws Dak was missing.
How about when Terry Bradshaw said you cant miss those wide open throws, where was Kellen Moore then.

Reports that i heard was Jason Garrett got control back from Jerry Jones for offense away from Linehan,
we hired Hudson Houch back and TE coach Ne..... helped out, who was offensive coordinator with Cooper when he was at Alabama.

If you all saw on sidelines Linehan would all be nice polite to Dak, even Kellen Moore would try to talk to Dak some and Dak would look away sometimes. Not pay attention but you never saw a coach drill or get onto Dak.

We need a coach that can get in Dak's face when need to, challenge him and Dak not look away, you cant baby a QB at times, just like Parcells would chew out Romo, that QB coach sure has to be the
QB's friend but also be strict tough on him when need arises, you cant baby a QB.
And now your asking a guy that has never called plays or schemed against veteran defensive coordinators,
look at how Kris Richard got out schemed agaisnt Seattle the first game of season, they beat us bad,
how Kris Richard got man handled scheme wise in the Ram game

YOU need sure young experienced offensive coordinator, to rev up this same old old offense scheme,
but to go with a young inexperienced offensive coordinator is asking for trouble.

You are under the impression a QB coach can force a QB to throw accurately? And what about your Aikman quote -it seems you missed that what he said actually contradicts your comment about Moore. Saying a guy either has accuracy or doesn’t means accuracy can’t be coached into a player. All a QB coach can work on is mechanics and helping a QB understand defenses so he can make reads.