Where was the vaunted 12 package?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Lol, your by yourself complaining on win night. Keep that crap for Monday.

A lot of people are complaining tonight. There's a lot to complain about.

But I agree with the OP that we didn't utilize the 12 formation a lot. However, I would say that Hanna doesn't seem cut out to be our #2 TE this season. I think Escobar will step up and be our #2 TE within the next few weeks. He's not a bad player. I just would have preferred a DT in the 2nd.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It was out there quite a bit but not sure how much. I kind of lost track of the 2TE offense when I started trying to figure out what the hell the team was doing in the pistol formation.

Wildcat. Pistol.

Is there a flavor of the week scheme that this offense won't try?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Y
A lot of people are complaining tonight. There's a lot to complain about.

But I agree with the OP that we didn't utilize the 12 formation a lot. However, I would say that Hanna doesn't seem cut out to be our #2 TE this season. I think Escobar will step up and be our #2 TE within the next few weeks. He's not a bad player. I just would have preferred a DT in the 2nd.

You got a lot to complain about if your the Giants. Cowboys gotta little tightening up to do.

whynot

Reaction score
Oh, yeah. Forgot about that one. That was pretty frustrating.

Yeah, shame he didn't get to that ball. Would have changed a lot of people's minds around here. Had a clutch 3rd down reception too from memory.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, shame he didn't get to that ball. Would have changed a lot of people's minds around here. Had a clutch 3rd down reception too from memory.

It would have, changed peoples' minds. But that doesn't have to get in the way for the rest of us. He played a pretty good first game for us. I'll take it and watch how the guy develops. :)

whynot

Reaction score
It would have, changed peoples' minds. But that doesn't have to get in the way for the rest of us. He played a pretty good first game for us. I'll take it and watch how the guy develops. :)

I'm not trying to blow the trumpet for the guy or anything, I think the only reason I'm rooting for him is cause he gets so much flack from the forum. Hopefully he pans out.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
We played a lot of two and three tight end sets.

It just was all spread out. Witten and Escobar were routinely outside.

Escobar looks good lined up outside.

Which is weird since all the pushy know it alls here told me he wasn't even good enough to be active and was the next bobby carpenter. Weird huh.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I don't know, there seem to be a lot of Zoners who want to bench Williams, and now Escobar, after one game that we won. I think if we can get these two guys going, our offense will be better by crunch time in December. We actually gave up the farm to sign Roy Williams with Miles Austin running back kickoffs and sitting on the bench the rest of the time. Let's not make that mistake again.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
I don't know, there seem to be a lot of Zoners who want to bench Williams, and now Escobar, after one game that we won. I think if we can get these two guys going, our offense will be better by crunch time in December. We actually gave up the farm to sign Roy Williams with Miles Austin running back kickoffs and sitting on the bench the rest of the time. Let's not make that mistake again.

I think that the biggest thing with Escobar is that people are really upset (including myself) that we spent another 2nd on a TE after Fasano/Bennett. Unless the results are showing up in the form of catches and touchdowns it's hard to really appreciate the pick. I can say for certain that I'd rather them have used that pick on several other positions before TE.