Where we stand after Day 2

J12B

Reaction score
Didn't we give up a 7th for that trade with the Lions

Nickyd2208

Reaction score
B- for the last pick, we may have reached, if you wanted him you could have traded down possibly. I like our other 3 picks and the type of guys they are. We are definitely going in a tougher direction.

Qcard

Reaction score
Pick #1 - B+
Pick #2 - B-
Pick #3 - A +
Pick #4 - D
Dang....after sacrificing Graham Barton for Guyton and Beebe combo I think 4th Trey Lance is C at worst incomplete.
The Cowboys needed to draft a QB in the last 2 drafts and Lance is the guy.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Overall i would give it a solid B....that last one brought the grade down a bit. Reached for Zimmer's pet cat. This was a 3rd round pick!!! not a 6th.... oh well, I do feel good with the OL, but could have had a very good RB there. Would have brought this to an A-- .... The thought of Zeke as RB1 just made me throw up a bit.. ..where my PTSD pills?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Round 1: A-1 Guyton is a bit of a project but his upside is huge. And the trade down was a good move.
Round 2: C- I’m not thrilled with picking a guy from Western Mich who had 4.5 sacks last year, 3 of them in one game. He has great measureables but will need more developmental time.
Round 3: A. Bebee is an excellent pick. Tough, durable and versatile, he could be a ten year starter.
Round 3: B- Luifau, the LB from Notre Dame is a good solid college LB. He doesn’t strike me as spectacular but he is aggressive and a strong tackler. Not sure about coverage skills.

So I have an A-, C-, A, and B-.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The first three picks are great IMO. OT, IOL, DE makes a lot of sense. Replace DA, Smith, and Biadasz.

I don't see the Notre Dame LB. He tested awful. Fassell loves him so we will see him out there. That was the best LB they had at that point and they reached. He does step in as the clear LB4 nonetheless.

I am very interested how Zimmer deploys these guys. Quinn 2 gapped less and less over his time here.