Where we stand after Day 2

reddyuta

Reaction score
the LB pick sucks,just dont understand why they wont draft a RB when some good ones were aviallable.

Reactions: CWR

Maverick84

Reaction score
Beebe's the best G we've ever drafted.

If you took the best parts of Larry Allen and Zack Martin and then threw them out and used better parts you would have Cooper Beebe.
as long as he strips Leon Lett at the goal line in the Super Bowl then he'll have lived up to his name

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Considering we had a late pick #24 I think we did pretty well for the 1st 2 days.
I have our picks graded as:
1. Guyton.........A
2. Kneeland.....C
3. Beebe..........A
3. Liufau..........C

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not about to assume any of these picks were either great, good or bad without seeing them for myself in live action. I'm hopeful that they are good, however. They'll all be destined to show their wares in TC, preseason games and the regular season. I think we'll all have a pretty good idea well before the season is over, how we feel about most of them. In the meantime, I'll be anxious to discover exactly what we have in house.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
A • 1-29 OT Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
B • 2-56 DE Marshawn Kneeland, W. Michigan
A • 3-73 G Cooper Beebe, OL, Kansas State
B • 3-87 LB Marist Liufau, LB, Notre Dame
4-Trey Lance QB WhtfC Mining College
5-174
6-216
7-233
7-244

Reaction score
Fixing an OL requires quality draft picks, these guys are not readily available in FA so I applaud the early draft focus. A strong day 3 coupled with FA can maybe plug the RB/LB/1-tech needs.

A
B
A
B

Last edited:

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Meh. I kind of think you could put 5 all pro's on the O line and Solari would find a way to make them look bad.

Solari: "OK guys, here is the play. I want 4 of you to block the 3 tech and ignore the other defensive linemen. I'm sure they won't just waltz into the backfield and tackle the RB for a loss."
OL: "But coach, that's exactly what happens"
Solari: "I'm sure it will work THIS time!"

As a result, I suspect that people will be pissed with this draft during the season.

starfan1

Reaction score
My preference was RB with pick 87 but LB was a need
I feel like they reached a bit on that 1 as better LBs were on the board according to everything I have read

Most mocks I have seen had this kid no sooner than the 4th. Id much rather them have reached for Tommy Eichenberg if they were gonna reach. Oh well

These folks haven’t played a down yet so I’ll reserve too much judgement I’ll only say this year I like better than last year

RB should have been the pick imo and while I don’t mind Zeke returning putting all the eggs in the zeke basket is a mistake

I just don’t see alot of talent at the rb position these lineman better open up massive holes with this group

I’m not doom and gloom like a lot of the board and I’ll wait till meaningful snaps take place but I just don’t see where they’ve moved the needle beyond the OL

There’s today we’ll see what happens but with no 4th they have made things hard

Carson

Reaction score
B. Luifu was bad. Im not as high in Kneeland as the media scouts, but he should be a solid player. Beebe was great value, and Guyton will be if they can get him to his ceiling
You have to trust guys like Brugler and your scouts on these guys

We didn’t like it. But the general consensus from other teams it was a great pick

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have to trust guys like Brugler and your scouts on these guys

We didn’t like it. But the general consensus from other teams it was a great pick
Good to hear. I seen the picks last night, but was at a bar with friends. Did not hear any comments about any of the picks.
So nice to hear they thought it was a great pick. Of course on here we will get mixed opinions.

Carson

Reaction score
Good to hear. I seen the picks last night, but was at a bar with friends. Did not hear any comments about any of the picks.
So nice to hear they thought it was a great pick. Of course on here we will get mixed opinions.
He reminds me a bit of a Dorance Armstrong / Jason Hatcher type. His stats arent popping but he is a much better pass rusher than stats indicate.