Where will Taco land?

blueblood70

Reaction score
no longer a DC, moving on....

dude most likely goes to arrival, plays well becomes a HOF player..:)):lmao::laugh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder if a 3-4 team will sign him and try to beef him up.

IIRC some draft reports thought he could play either the 3-4/4-3

I've seen it reported that the Cowboys were talking with the Texans about a possible trade but couldn't get anything. I'd guess they would claim him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s totally up to Taco
He has the talent to play in this league
He had same issues in college
He either gets his attitude in check or his future is at McDonalds
You can test speed, smarts, agility. You can’t test heart and desire and that’s where taco fails

Yeah but you can do your homework better and find out about that "heart and desire". The organization failed in that area.

In fact, Marinelli actually to,d them that he could get Taco going. Is there a bigger red flag than that? You actually have to say that you think you can motivate a player? That's when you run away, not when you draft him.

That's twice as damning. They KNEW there were potential issues, and they went ahead and did it ANYWAY.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
We took a punt on him and it didn't pay off, c'est la vie. The same roll the dice attitude got us Jaylon and Gregory and numerous others. Sometimes the gambler wins sometimes the gambler goes home hungry.

John813

Reaction score
I've seen it reported that the Cowboys were talking with the Texans about a possible trade but couldn't get anything. I'd guess they would claim him.

Yea, saw that too this AM. Supposedly it was a player for player trade the Cowboys were trying to pull off.

wonder who they were targeting?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree to a point on your last statement. I think a team needs to be able to do a really good job of knowing heart and desire before picking someone #1. That typically comes from getting information from his college coaches and staff, and possibly players. When people on this board are calling him a bust day 1 of the draft, you'd figure the Cowboys would have had a better read, but didn't.

The worst part is that they KNEW. And they drafted him anyway.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Who cares? He's not a Cowboy anymore and it's not like we just let a pro-bowler go so move on.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah but you can do your homework better and find out about that "heart and desire". The organization failed in that area.

In fact, Marinelli actually to,d them that he could get Taco going. Is there a bigger red flag than that? You actually have to say that you think you can motivate a player? That's when you run away, not when you draft him.

That's twice as damning. They KNEW there were potential issues, and they went ahead and did it ANYWAY.
Yep
The signs were there with taco

mahoneybill

Reaction score
o.jpg

Good one.... Well done and so fitting

conner01

Reaction score
I agree to a point on your last statement. I think a team needs to be able to do a really good job of knowing heart and desire before picking someone #1. That typically comes from getting information from his college coaches and staff, and possibly players. When people on this board are calling him a bust day 1 of the draft, you'd figure the Cowboys would have had a better read, but didn't.
It’s hard to measure heart and desire but with Taco there were signs that he lacked both and they were ignored
I never liked the pick simply because it was need over talent but you can’t ignore warning signs like they did

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Miami. As he is most likely better than what they have.
And could help with their turn around.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Hopefully in the dumpster never earning another NFL dollar. It's not because of talent or the lack thereof it's about attitude, he quit:mad:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My only interest is how he will cope being inserted into a different defensive unit. Charlton has his own personal expectations, which he did not see Dallas meet. Whatever team picks him up will evaluate him and gauge how they can use him. It is doubtful he will just walk in and start, even after becoming familiar with the new defensive scheme.

I could not care less where he lands. How he adjusts to any new situation compared to his old one is the only thing I might care about.