Which airport is closer to Cowboys Stadium?

anava

Reaction score
Which airport is closer, Love or DFW? Plan on flying in for Atl. game, if game ends at 6, should I be able to make 9pm flight from either? Thanks

Can move or delete once answered. Thanks again

CowboyMark

Reaction score
anava;2933568 said:
Which airport is closer, Love or DFW? Plan on flying in for Atl. game, if game ends at 6, should I be able to make 9pm flight from either? Thanks

Can move or delete once answered. Thanks again
Yeah DFW is closer. Love and Meachem filed are pretty far up north of the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth. Meachem is closer because it's closer to Arlington. But not as close as DFW because it's south of the airport which at most is 20 minutes. Maybe 30 depending on the traffic. But if you fly on the weekend then it shouldn't be more than 20 minutes.

Warick

Reaction score
DFW is closer. You exit south end of airport, and take 183 West to 360, which is maybe a mile or so down, and take 360 south.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Love is so much easier to get in and out of, it might offset being slightly farther away.

Either way, it's not like either is that far away. I wouldn't the airport sway you if, say, Southwest is best for you.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2933731 said:
Love is so much easier to get in and out of, it might offset being slightly farther away.

Either way, it's not like either is that far away. I wouldn't the airport sway you if, say, Southwest is best for you.

Exactly, it is definitely worth flying into Love. Southwest flights are better IMO and the time you save just getting out of the airport will make up for the extra drive time.

Star-Fan

Old enough to remember the Ice Bowl, Young enough
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2933731 said:

No doubt! I flew into DFW this past March. It felt like we taxied to the gate for about half an hour. Then getting out of there seemed to take just as long. :eek:

However, my hotel was just a couple of miles from Cowboys Stadium, that was nice to see. (even if still under construction) :D

anava

Reaction score
Actually American and United have better prices right now. They also have a flight out a little later so I can get out on Sunday night.

Mitcha68

Reaction score
nyc;2933769 said:
JFK is your best bet. ;)

Never had a chance to fly into JFK. Flew in Newark once, to visit my wife's family on Long Island (super cheap tickets). North Jersey is an interesting place. :D

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
Adding on to this thread, is the Gaylord-Texan fairly close to the stadium, and do they have shuttles on gameday? I'm going to be down for the Charger game in December, and that's where we're staying.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wulfman;2933834 said:
Adding on to this thread, is the Gaylord-Texan fairly close to the stadium, and do they have shuttles on gameday? I'm going to be down for the Charger game in December, and that's where we're staying.

It's probably 20 to 30 minutes to the stadium.
If anyone is heading South to the stadium, such as Grapevine. Try to avoid 360.
The route I took ,and absolutely no traffic problems, going or leaving.
Since they do not have the Collins Street bridge fixed, I did this.

Off of 183, go South on Industrial [also called 157, which turns into Collins], to Green Oaks Blvd, turn Right [West] to Cooper Street, turn left [South]. Take that to Division Street, turn left [East], then over to Collins. I park in Lot 11, so I'm right there.

But if you get there early enough, just to the South of Lot 11, North of Divsion, there are some parking lots for $40 [or at least they were for the pre-season games]

And while your driving on Industrial before or after the game, between 183 and highway 10 in Euless is a bar called The Den.
Nice little home town local neighborhood bar. Which I also own, stop in and have a cold beer with me.