Which coach in their prime? Tom Landry or Jimmy Johnson?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Jerry mentioned he fired Chan Gailey too early wished he never hired Campo in all probability but I can’t pick between Coach Landry or Jimmy .

And Barry did have a couple stellar yrs . Won himself a SB before getting back on the couch .

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
70s and 80s. Landry may be the better guy for the job but the 90s, definitely Jimmy. Landry's methods were dated by the time Jimmy came to town.

leeblair

Reaction score
I'd say Landry.
I don't think Jimmy was capable of coaching the same group of players for 10 years. He was struggling with motivating the Cowboys in 1993 even though they won a Super Bowl. He was the better coach, but not the better long term coach.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd say Landry.
I don't think Jimmy was capable of coaching the same group of players for 10 years. He was struggling with motivating the Cowboys in 1993 even though they won a Super Bowl. He was the better coach, but not the better long term coach.
For consistent winning seasons over time, the nod is to Landry.
Johnson got to build his own team. But, if the rumors were true, he couldn't have stayed with it. The tensions were coming to a head.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Text Schramm. That way whatever coach you choose he won't get fired after winning the super bowl.

:mad: Damn Jerry Jones.

Last edited: