Which coaches would you like to keep here?

budsboys

Reaction score
None they need to clean house and find aggressive coaches tired of the bend don’t break defense and playing not to lose on offense

quickccc

Reaction score
I’d make Richard head coach/dc and keep Moore as OC. Richard has some fire to him that the team needs right now.

I admit that at this stage, I’m not completely convinced about Kris Richard;

Yes, he’s really the voice of the defense, ..he’s the one that vocally rallies the entire group on the sideline , ..Yeh he’s properly converted Byron from FS to CB.

and I know he’s the architect of the Legion of Boom defense in Seattle but I don’t see enough improvement and impact to be sold on what he has done as defensive signal caller of this defense.
I do wonder if Richard had the idea DL coach - as oppose to the current DL coach, (who I can't wait to rid of)

- Marinelli is responsible and handles the works of the front four of the DL unit, and is the lead voice in how the run stop gap scheme is ran, - but Richards handles the back seven ….the LBs
and secondary.

- And its’ really been a fall off as Awuzie is just a JAG who hasn't progressed, Xavier is still an up and down performer, Heath is average and he no longer forces even the few turnovers he’s had in the past
and all the CBs still have the same problematic issues of not turning their heads to make plays on the ball,

- And our LBs can still be fooled by misdirection and RB screen passes. ..and frankly as much as he imploys the blitz as much as the past coaches , they don’t seem well schemed and designed,
rarely do we get home to a sack with it.
and I don't see these players swarm gang and punch strip the ball out of opposing players arms, they are not responding to Richard's coaching.

To how much is it on Richard, ..to how much is it on not having the ball hawk players he needs to be Legion of Boom 2.0 ?
to much is management limiting what he can do with wrong coaches ( ala Marinelli, Ben Bloom)

slick325

Reaction score
Are there any coordinators or assistant/positional coaches that you like to keep/retain when the
new head coach is hired on ?
If so, who are those coaches, ..and why ?

Or do you think they ALL need to go on both sides of the ball, as well as special teams ?
Total clean slate all of the existing coaches ?

None...wholesale change across the board.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Moore, WR coach and the OL coach are the only ones I'd consider keeping. Moore just because he's elevated the pass game, but at the same time has probably contributed to the lack of a run game. Everyone else can go.

DB coach, LB coach, DL coach, HC, DC, Special Teams, everyone can all go.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Nope I’ll defer to the new head coach if we get one as Jerry should. If the new coach is responsible for wins and losses he should be able to pick the guys who work for him.
Too bad that won’t happen, even BP kept coaches

jnday

Reaction score
If the new coach is not allowed to pick his own staff and has to keep some of Jerry’s pets, it will be no change in Dallas. It will be more of the same with Jerry’s meddling and that meddling is one reason why a top coach may not come to Dallas.

jhj7098

Reaction score
Are there any coordinators or assistant/positional coaches that you like to keep/retain when the

Or do you think they ALL need to go on both sides of the ball, as well as special teams ?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
None of them. It's not about how good or bad they all are. This is about changing the culture of this team. All these guys feel entitled and if you don't come in and make them feel uncomfortable, uneasy, they will all just continue to feel right at home. All the Coaches need to go and that's a shame because they all aren't bad.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the new coach is not allowed to pick his own staff and has to keep some of Jerry’s pets, it will be no change in Dallas. It will be more of the same with Jerry’s meddling and that meddling is one reason why a top coach may not come to Dallas.
The OP did not suggest the new coach would be forced to retain current coaches, he merely asked if there is anyone the posters here would like to see retained.

smitty313

Reaction score
I'd like to see Kitna stay on but it should be up to the new coach

GMO415

Reaction score
Any HC worth a grain of salt will bring in their own assistants

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Kellen Moore, the rest can go.

quickccc

Reaction score
assistant coaches i would like to keep:
-QB coach jon kitna
-OL marc columbo
-WR sandray lai

coaches that i can say goodbye to:
-DL coach Rod Marinelli (a must !)
-LB coach Ben Bloom
-RB Gary Brown
-Special teams Keith O Quinn

Optional coaches to new HC: (leaving it up to new HC)
Kris Richard DC/DB
Kellen Moore OC
Brad Mussenheimer TE
Greg Jackson - safety

JayFord

Reaction score
I might keep moore and i would keep kitna

but make no mistake Moore would only have 1 season to show his versatility

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Nope I’ll defer to the new head coach if we get one as Jerry should. If the new coach is responsible for wins and losses he should be able to pick the guys who work for him.
Exactly! If Jerry keeps any of them; then, nothing will change around this team. Let the new coach evaluate the roster and put his influence on this team.

jnday

Reaction score
The OP did not suggest the new coach would be forced to retain current coaches, he merely asked if there is anyone the posters here would like to see retained.
Jerry has a history of forcing asst coaches on incoming coaches and in this case, none of them should be kept. Fire the whole bunch, even the water boy and move past this massive screwup.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I would like to see them keep Kitna, but that should be up to the next coach.

CB61

Reaction score