Which coaches would you like to keep here?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not to be lazy, but I agree with this.

Not sure this team has any hidden gem at coaching.

Thought Ben Bloom could of been one but his unit sucks this year. Then again is it him or purely the players/scheme/Cardi B?

He's one that I would definitely swap out. See if Sean Lee is ready to transition to coaching full time.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Nope I’ll defer to the new head coach if we get one as Jerry should. If the new coach is responsible for wins and losses he should be able to pick the guys who work for him.
Agreed, if they are any the new coach wants to keep, fine, but if he wants to fire the whole staff and bring in his guys, Jerry better let him.

Otherwise why bother, Jerry will be meddling too much again.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
I’d make Richard head coach/dc and keep Moore as OC. Richard has some fire to him that the team needs right now.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
He didn't ask if the new coach should be allowed to pick his own coaches, just which coaches the members here would like to see retained.

For me, I would like to see Moore and Kitna retained. They are still learning and growing, but I think have a lot of promise. On defense they can clean house for all I care.

I understood the question and my answer is whichever coach or coaches the new head coach what’s to retain. I don’t think there are any superstars on this staff and all can easily be replaced.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are there any coordinators or assistant/positional coaches that you like to keep/retain when the
new head coach is hired on ?
If so, who are those coaches, ..and why ?

Or do you think they ALL need to go on both sides of the ball, as well as special teams ?
Total clean slate all of the existing coaches ?

None....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll qualify this with what others are saying.

The decisions should be entirely left up to the next head coach.

But if I had my own wish list, I'd like to see what Moore and Kitna might do with another year of working with Dak and this offense. The rest? Not so much. I'm not as high on Richard as I once was.

Yep agreed but this is Jerry's world, and the buck stops with him!
The new head coach will very likely be another YES Jerry man....

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Whatever the new HC decides. If he wants to keep some, so be be it. I he want's to bring in completely new staff, send them all packing.

LittleD

Reaction score
None of them... They all have stunk up the joint this year and some of them for several years. Time for a clean sweep and all new blood.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am in Moore's corner, I like his play calling. But I do not like the way he underused Daks legs. He's old school in terms of running the QB, leaning from his dad and others.
So the bottom line, let the new coach sink or swim with his own choices.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I'd be ok with keeping Moore. I think without Garrett hanging over him our offense could be better than it currently is. Outside of that...everyone can go.

This. Offense is doing well. We just need a better TE to top it off.

quickccc

Reaction score
I’m still at an impasse and back and forth with this,
i hear what others are saying in a new HC should have the full rights to replace any existing coaches with his own selected version of coaches,
but if I have to lean one way or another, I'm going for the existing assistant coach I have to keep.
if i’m an organization and I really believe and sold we have too much of a great coach/coordinator to let go – commit to keep him.

- Bears did not want to part with DC Vic Fangio, upon new HC Matt Nagy’s hiring so they insisted on keeping him on, .. Why ? Top Defense in NFL

- Tony Dungy was hired on as Indy Colts HC, but management wanted to retain top OC Tom Moore... Why ? Top offense in NFL

- Wade Phillips D” unit was still tops when Denver fired him, upon new HC Vance Joseph’s hire.

As far as our Cowboys coaches:
- Our OL unit is currently No.1 in entire NFL in least sacks allowed, and Lael has shown vast improvement – should that speaks volume in keeping a proven Marc Columbo, or do we want to risk chance on another Paul Alexander coming in again ?

- QB coach Jon Kitna ? We've seen the vast difference in Dak's pass game this year.
Was Kitna solely instrumental in upgrading Dak’s passing game ? Has he done enough to make a case for keeping him on?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Kitna maybe. But besides him, I want this coaching staff cleansed and cut completely. Any remnants of Garrett must be eliminated.

I forgot about Kitna. He helped get Dak over the hump. Kitna and Moore are the only coaches worth keeping...

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Nope I’ll defer to the new head coach if we get one as Jerry should. If the new coach is responsible for wins and losses he should be able to pick the guys who work for him.

And if I'm not allowed complete autonomy in building my staff, I'm not signing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep agreed but this is Jerry's world, and the buck stops with him!
The new head coach will very likely be another YES Jerry man....

Then none of us has much reason for hope...
:facepalm:

jsb357

Reaction score
If a new head coach is forced to keep any of the existing staff, then he's a puppet
and you should expect the past results to continue.