Which Cowboys RB is better? Ezekiel Elliott or Tony Pollard?

Which Cowboys RB is better?

• Ezekiel Elliott

Votes: 37 67.3%
  • Tony Pollard

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Overpaid? You yet again discount his ability to keep Dak upright so #4 can make plays. It happens far more than you obviously think. Zeke has earned every dime the Cowboys have ever given him.
Oh, shut it already with that bunk. There have been times Zeke has missed his protection of Dak just as he has made his blocks. That's not the point though. He simply has not produced the past 2 years to equal his pay.

This season of 2022, Zeke will cost the Cowboys $18.22 million. That's a lot of money for an aging RB who clearly is wearing down and not producing the way he used to, especially commensurate to his pay. Zeke no longer is producing top 5 RB results, yet he's getting paid top 3 RB pay. The Cowboys are set to pay Zeke:

2023: $16.7 mil
2024: $14.3 mil
2025: $17.1 mil
2026: $16.6 mil

That's just crazy ridiculous money for a player no longer in his prime, much less incapable of producing top 5 RB results. The good thing is there is a potential out (Cowboys would take an $11.9 mil dead cap hit) in Zeke's contract after this year's 2022 season if the Cowboys decide to cut ties with Zeke if he is unwilling to take a pay cut and renegotiate a much cheaper new contract (which I doubt Zeke will want to).

The Cowboys come first over any player. It's most likely this will be Zeke's last year in Dallas. Sure it will sting and hurt if he decides to leave, but Zeke simply is not worth paying those exorbitant crazy yearly salaries I previously mentioned. Either jump on board and put the team first, or take the fall and criticism if you choose a player over the team. You choose.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Oh, shut it already with that bunk. There have been times Zeke has missed his protection of Dak just as he has made his blocks. That's not the point though. He simply has not produced the past 2 years to equal his pay.

This season of 2022, Zeke will cost the Cowboys $18.22 million. That's a lot of money for an aging RB who clearly is wearing down and not producing the way he used to, especially commensurate to his pay. Zeke no longer is producing top 5 RB results, yet he's getting paid top 3 RB pay. The Cowboys are set to pay Zeke:

2023: $16.7 mil
2024: $14.3 mil
2025: $17.1 mil
2026: $16.6 mil

That's just crazy ridiculous money for a player no longer in his prime, much less incapable of producing top 5 RB results. The good thing is there is a potential out (Cowboys would take an $11.9 mil dead cap hit) in Zeke's contract after this year's 2022 season if the Cowboys decide to cut ties with Zeke if he is unwilling to take a pay cut and renegotiate a much cheaper new contract (which I doubt Zeke will want to).

The Cowboys come first over any player. It's most likely this will be Zeke's last year in Dallas. Sure it will sting and hurt if he decides to leave, but Zeke simply is not worth paying those exorbitant crazy yearly salaries I previously mentioned. Either jump on board and put the team first, or take the fall and criticism if you choose a player over the team. You choose.

Just cut him after this year. I would sign Pollard instead.

This concept that Pollard can't be the lead runner is a hoax. I see him break tackle after tackle more than Zeke ever could. He can be the lead back if given the chance.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Zeke has a 4.5 CAREER average.

How many yards does Tony average up the middle? You probably don't even know. Just thought ya'd get cute with the zeke hate.

Maybe if Dak could get the hike without being trampled by the defensive line he could hand off to an open Running Back.

Zeke is on the downhill spiral of his career. Last year he averaged 4.2 yards per. carry.

While Pollard had a 5.5 yards per. carry.

I'd take Pollard any day of the week over Zeke.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If both were playing at the peak that we have ever seen them play, then Zeke is undeniably the better AND more complete back.

However, having said that; Tony is currently playing at/near that peak level and Zeke is not.

Zeke went all in on increasing his strength several years ago. It cost him speed, flexibility, and agility. Last year, he looked like he had finally got some of that back, and then he got hurt.

Another blaming it on injury.

The fact that he had one of his best games of his entire season the week after his injury occurred gets completely ignored. They just cling to the injury as the reason.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol. I don't hate Zeke. I hate how he's overpaid, but I have always liked Zeke.

Just about every player in the NFL is overpaid. Why does this bother so many people. It is not your money, and pretty much does not mean they can't keep or get other players because of a contract.
ALL teams are in the same boat. There was not any moves Dallas did or did not do because of the cap. We all knew 2 years ago it was going to be Cooper or Gallup, regardless of the cap situation.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is on the downhill spiral of his career. Last year he averaged 4.2 yards per. carry.

While Pollard had a 5.5 yards per. carry.

I'd take Pollard any day of the week over Zeke.

Zeke averaged that on a bum knee. Want to try again?
Pollard with his speed to the outside. Dumb butt Moore runs Zeke up the middle into. a stacked box. Even we all know not to do that. Moore is the main reason Zeke's average was down more than his knee issue.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another blaming it on injury.

The fact that he had one of his best games of his entire season the week after his injury occurred gets completely ignored. They just cling to the injury as the reason.

Even Wentz had a decent game now and then, even after he had an injury. Though how horrible he was, it wouldn't take much to have a better game. :lmao:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao2:

All these debates of Zeke vs. Pollard. When many of you want to pick one over the other. And it is usually the Zeke hater or dislikers are the ones that keep bringing it up.
When you should be a true fan and look how both were used, and still can be used to help win games.

How about posting how they complement each other that produced the best offense in yards and scoring.
I bet sports reporters and analysts think this place is a laughing stock like many of you think the team has been.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Both are important to the team.

On the whole, Elliott is the "better" back. But Pollard could be more useful to the team if he had more playing time.

It's a tricky scenario. But I refuse to get sucked into the who's better debates too much.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
:lmao2:

All these debates of Zeke vs. Pollard. When many of you want to pick one over the other. And it is usually the Zeke hater or dislikers are the ones that keep bringing it up.
When you should be a true fan and look how both were used, and still can be used to help win games.

How about posting how they complement each other that produced the best offense in yards and scoring.
I bet sports reporters and analysts think this place is a laughing stock like many of you think the team has been.
What are you still sticking around here for then if you truly feel this place is a laughing stock?
:huh:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Just about every player in the NFL is overpaid. Why does this bother so many people. It is not your money, and pretty much does not mean they can't keep or get other players because of a contract.
ALL teams are in the same boat. There was not any moves Dallas did or did not do because of the cap. We all knew 2 years ago it was going to be Cooper or Gallup, regardless of the cap situation.
Why do you get so offended over anyone stating the obvious when a player is overpaid? Like you said, it's not your money, so why get offensive when anyone brings up overpaid players?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are you still sticking around here for then if you truly feel this place is a laughing stock?

Not all of it is, there is some very useful information that is on here.

Let me rephrase, it is not this place, as much as it is many so called fans. I understand the frustration but it is the constant hate that some have.
always turning anything positive into a negative.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do you get so offended over anyone stating the obvious when a player is overpaid? Like you said, it's not your money, so why get offensive when anyone brings up overpaid players?

I am not offended. And I have not been offensive.
Just find it funny how many get bent out of shape over something they can't control. And really does not have as big of an impact that they think it has.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, whine away.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I am not offended. And I have not been offensive.
Just find it funny how many get bent out of shape over something they can't control. And really does not have as big of an impact that they think it has.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, whine away.
You're the one whining. Heed your own words and mind your own business. Nothing worse than a hypocrite. Do as I say, not as I do.
:facepalm:

shabazz

Reaction score
Both are important to the team.

On the whole, Elliott is the "better" back. But Pollard could be more useful to the team if he had more playing time.

It's a tricky scenario. But I refuse to get sucked into the who's better debates too much.

……well stated.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
lol. I don't hate Zeke. I hate how he's overpaid, but I have always liked Zeke.
....AND overrated by the man crushes in here. How is it Pollard finds holes & Elliott doesn't? Oh that's right, he was hurt. :rolleyes:

If he were so great as some make him out to be, then why did he go from #1 RB in the league to #15?! His numbers keep declininging, even in the rankings department. Can't wait till he's gone. Overpaid bust!
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-running-back-rankings-tiers