Which current Cowboys are HOF bound?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yes but Jethro was inducted under the “ contributions” segment like we saw former commissioner Taglibue last night not for his football role as GM

Then please define and explain all that was contributed to becoming a member with a jacket....and not include that he was voted into the Hall, for more than just money available. Snyder going in any time close?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Then please define and explain all that was contributed to becoming a member with a jacket....and not include that he was voted into the Hall, for more than just money available. Snyder going in any time close?
Are you not familiar with what the “ contribution” definition is being inducted into the HOF? The NFL has one every year now.

Here’s a link below defining it.

http://es.pn/1pc8BwW

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Are you not familiar with what the “ contribution” definition is being inducted into the HOF? The NFL has one every year now.

Here’s a link below defining it.

http://es.pn/1pc8BwW

You must put Soloman to shame...(second person non-proofs). look it up in an English language google.

This is the subject matter now!!!

"It was Tex Schramm, who started that Ring of Honor, who said 'Jerry, keep it kind of limited with people. But make sure it wasn't just about the plays they made, make sure they contributed to the story of the franchise,'" Jones said. "Now it's kind of hard to not recognize this contribution to the franchise."

The Cowboys' Ring of Honor currently holds 22 members, 17 of whom are also members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. At some point, it sounds like we can expect a 23rd.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jerry-gives-jimmy-johnson-ringing-endorsement

Now excuse ME...I have to get cleaned up, for my wife and I to go to the hospital and watch them pull the life support plug, on our Son, John...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Martin is a 1st round ballot. The first rookie OL to be named all pro since 1947? And he's been as solid an OL as the Cowboys have ever had.

Big Smitty might get in but not on 1st ballot.

Of the young guys, Lamb shows promise but he needs to take over that 1 spot.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
right now I would say none of them, Smith and Martin might, but not anytime soon.
like 20 years from now.

shabazz

Reaction score
Pretty lucid and non delusional conversation so far

Only one poster has seriously mentioned Dak........but we know why that is.

And yeah, Martin is a lock.......I base opinions on facts, not identity

morat1959

Reaction score
There could be rule changes put in place to put Jaylon and Dak in before they retire. Either way, both are locks at this point in their career.

RS12

Reaction score
I think Martin is more of a lock than Smith assuming he stays healthy. He already has four first team all pro selections. Smith’s health hurt him. He only has 2 first team all pros. For comparison Cowboys tackle Ralph Neely had 3 first team all pros, also made an all decade team, and played on 2 championships, but he’s not in.
Thanks for the factual, well reasoned post. There is a case to be made for Neely whose play dropped off after injuring his leg in the motorcycle accident.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There could be rule changes put in place to put Jaylon and Dak in before they retire. Either way, both are locks at this point in their career.

Once they build the Hall of Shame they are both locks!!!!

Hall_of_Shame_400x400.jpg

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Martin for sure. Tyron probably.

If Zeke can miraculously squeeze out two more All Pro seasons and two more rushing titles, I could see it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zack Martin making 4 first team All Pro lists and 2 second team All Pro and made the 2010s all decade team is the leader. ZM will probably be a first ballot guy.

Tyron Smith is a two time All Pro and has made the 2010s All decade team but I think he needs another good year to be a lock. He will probably get in at some point but he’s currently probably not a first ballot lock.

As far as other guys on the roster…I don’t currently see anyone that close yet. Zeke has a long, long way to go. He’s over 6k yards behind the Cowboys’ second all time leading rusher Tony Dorsett. I like Zeke, but unless this team wins some playoff games, he’s not even going to be close to a HOF career.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You must put Soloman to shame...(second person non-proofs). look it up in an English language google.

This is the subject matter now!!!

"It was Tex Schramm, who started that Ring of Honor, who said 'Jerry, keep it kind of limited with people. But make sure it wasn't just about the plays they made, make sure they contributed to the story of the franchise,'" Jones said. "Now it's kind of hard to not recognize this contribution to the franchise."

The Cowboys' Ring of Honor currently holds 22 members, 17 of whom are also members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. At some point, it sounds like we can expect a 23rd.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jerry-gives-jimmy-johnson-ringing-endorsement

Now excuse ME...I have to get cleaned up, for my wife and I to go to the hospital and watch them pull the life support plug, on our Son, John...
We were talking about the HOF not ROH.

johneric8

Reaction score
Dak will make it if he wins a few more games in playoffs and stays on his torrid statistical pace. Remember, the hall is about players that change or make the game better, and Dak exemplifies this. Romo was a choke artist, Dak is the opposite.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak will make it if he wins a few more games in playoffs and stays on his torrid statistical pace. Remember, the hall is about players that change or make the game better, and Dak exemplifies this. Romo was a choke artist, Dak is the opposite.

Many thanks for the laughter!!!:muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley:

kskboys

Reaction score
Seeing Edgerrin James make it, makes me feel like Zeke should get in with a few more 1k-yard seasons.
Edge was a stud of the first order, woefully underrated, prolly because he was in a passing O. 13th on the all time rushing yards list at 12,246.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Cooper is a very long shot at this point in his career. Too many former star receivers from decades past have stats that dwarf Cooper at his current pace.
In addition, 20 active players have more receptions, with the 20th guy - Devontae Adams - has almost 100 more catches than Cooper....546 to 449.
To even mention Prescott as a potential HOF candidate at this time is really unrealistic. Four seasons and a few games. Would say the same for his fellow 2016 draft QB contemporaries Goff and Wentz.

Yeah, I’m hoping Cooper’s route running ability and size lead to a long career for him. If he plays til his mid 30’s he might make a case.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
These ceremonies remind us that enshrinement into Pro Football HOF is the ultimate personal award or achievement immortalizing them forever.

Fans too often want to associate winning championships as the ultimate recognition of individual performance which is actually more about the team.

While winning championships can certainly add to the immortality these individual recognitions sets them apart despite the team and its accomplishments.