Which current Cowboys are HOF bound?

mmohican29

Reaction score
If Dak wins a ring, he has to be considered IMHO. He has some pretty impressive stats and lots of rushing TD'S for a QB

Zeke if he can right himself.

Zach Martin and Tyron Smith likely both get in.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Seeing Edgerrin James make it, makes me feel like Zeke should get in with a few more 1k-yard seasons.
17 games season will help a little with the stats, but Zeke will need several more good seasons--maybe 5--to catch up to James, especially if you count yards from scrimmage (which you always should)

Zeke is currently 188th in yards from scrimmage...so a LONG ways from consideration.
But if he can string together a bunch more healthy seasons, then he'll be in that conversation

terra

Reaction score
Zack is the surest one; those ALL Pro selections pretty much beat anything else when talking HOF. Especially for a lineman. I would say if he can keep up the pace for 4 more years and add 2 more ALL Pro he is in like Flynn.

Smith has a tougher road. His injuries and lack of ALL Pro selections. Though I could see him getting in say 10-15 years after retirement. He needs at least a couple more good years though.

Zeke is tough; if he can keep it up and get to 12,000 yards he will probably get in one day. Frank Gore never will for the simple reason he was never thought to be one of the very best playing. Zeke has ALL Pro selection

Dak basically needs a couple of rings and about 10 years of top stats. Marino is really the only modern QB that was a lock without rings.

No one else I can see. Amari is not special enough or has the stats. CeeDee COULD but there is a lot of wood to chop- like about 10 years worth before we know.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seeing Edgerrin James make it, makes me feel like Zeke should get in with a few more 1k-yard seasons.

James had 7 1k seasons in his first 9 years..........probably would have been 9 for 9 if he didn't get injured........ and a super bowl ring didn't hurt. Unfortunately for Zeke, his best year is still his rookie year. He hasn't come close to his 2016 rookie performance. He needs to go on a 3-4 year run where he dominates and leads Dallas to some playoff runs.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
James had 7 1k seasons in his first 9 years..........probably would have been 9 for 9 if he didn't get injured........ and a super bowl ring didn't hurt. Unfortunately for Zeke, his best year is still his rookie year. He hasn't come close to his 2016 rookie performance. He needs to go on a 3-4 year run where he dominates and leads Dallas to some playoff runs.
Edgerrin James didnt win a ring

First 5 seasons:
James: 6172 yds 42 Tds
Elliott: 6384 yds 46 Tds

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Edgerrin James didnt win a ring

First 5 seasons:
James: 6172 yds 42 Tds
Elliott: 6384 yds 46 Tds

I forgot he left the year Indy won. Never the less, you can't compare stats after five seasons. James blew out his ACL in year 3. which cost him parts of 2 seasons. Edge was part of a historic and memorble team with Manning and Tony Dungy........ Zeke has done nothing memorable since 2016.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I forgot he left the year Indy won. Never the less, you can't compare stats after five seasons. James blew out his ACL in year 3. which cost him parts of 2 seasons.

And anyone who saw both play knows James is a better player. Zeke's got a long way to go.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I forgot he left the year Indy won. Never the less, you can't compare stats after five seasons. James blew out his ACL in year 3. which cost him parts of 2 seasons.
Yes the hell I can compare stats after 5 seasons.

My initial point is Zeke needs a few more good seasons and that point remains true

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When we went to 16 games years ago the 1,000 a year mark was somewhat diluted . It’s watered down even more now with 17 games. Which computes to about 59 yards a game.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Marti
Which current Cowboys do you think will eventually make it to the Hall?

Tyron Smith & Zack Martin seem like first ballot guys, but who else do you think will make it?
Martin
Smith

Dak, but we all know that QBs are judged on the post-season, if not the SuperBowl

Cooper could light it up for years, but Wide Receivers are lined up in waiting and undervalued by the HoF so I wouldn’t hold my breath

I don’t see any other fifth year plus players who are on a trajectory for HoF. Way too soon for even educated guesses about the rest

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Yes the hell I can compare stats after 5 seasons.

My initial point is Zeke needs a few more good seasons and that point remains true

Yeah these next 3-4 seasons will determine if he has a legit shot or not. This is where most RBs tend to tail off dramatically. Also he's essentially competing against his own contract, if that makes any sense. The longer he justifies the Cowboys keeping him on the roster as RB #1, the better his chances will be for the HOF...

Tussinman

Reaction score
Zack Martin making 4 first team All Pro lists and 2 second team All Pro and made the 2010s all decade team is the leader. ZM will probably be a first ballot guy.

Tyron Smith is a two time All Pro and has made the 2010s All decade team but I think he needs another good year to be a lock. He will probably get in at some point but he’s currently probably not a first ballot lock.
I have it the other way around as of right now

Tyron is 1st team all decade, 7x pro bowl, and 7x NFL top 100 at arguably the #2 most valuable position in the entire sport. He's a fringe 1st ballot guy who plays a premier position.

Interior offensive line is the hardest position to make Canton. Alan Faneca was 9x pro bowl (3 more than Martin currently), all decade team (same as Martin) and 6x first team all-pro (2 more than Martin) and it STILL took him 6 years of eligbility to make Canton.

It's way way more likely that Tyron makes first ballot than Martin, just the nature of the position

Tussinman

Reaction score
Tyron Smith will make it easily.
Zack Martin will likely get in eventually.
This is the correct answer. Tyron playing a premier position and having solid accolades (7x pro bowl, 7x NFL top 100, all decade team) makes him a guranteed pick. Martin plays a much much tougher position so he will have to play the waiting game and get more accolades which he should easily be able to do if healthy (Alan Faneca has 3 more pro bowls and 2 more all pro selections then martin and still had to wait 6 years to get in).

Smith has a tougher road. His injuries and lack of ALL Pro selections. Though I could see him getting in say 10-15 years after retirement. He needs at least a couple more good years though.
LMAO at the #2 left tackle for the entire 2010 decade having to wait 10 to 15 years to get enshrined.

I don't think you guys realize how much playing a premier position helps you. Orlando Pace was the #4 best left tackle for the 2000 decade and he got in his 2nd year.........