Which do you prefer to be the news on Monday, preparing for WC game or JG not being retained

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Does jerrah really have you believing the freckled puppet is in demand? Come on man.... No one is going to want him, his ego is too inflated for a guy who has done nothing.

This! Show me a team that is after red and I will show you a losing team going nowhere.

_sturt_

Reaction score
it is not possible to even enjoy a win

Exactly. You make my point, as have several others since I last posted.

It's Sunday, so if I'm allowed to get a little preachy... essentially, if you're not a Cowboys fan for the entertainment value of winning, that's a really, really persuasive sign that you're missing the point and using sports for something in your life that it's better not used for (to put it politely).

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I think if they win the division jerry will bring garrett back I want him GONE regardless of what it takes

TWOK11

Reaction score
I’m a diehard fan of the Dallas Cowboys, so is much prefer a playoff game to any option that doesn’t involve a playoff game.

Look, barring a miracle Garrett is gone regardless. I’d rather him be gone after a playoff loss than a regular season loss.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I prefer the news be about JG no longer the coach
;)
3kpk1l.jpg

@waldoputty @Ranching

Noclaf

Reaction score
Please lose today, it will start my new year off good without these coaches around

_sturt_

Reaction score
why would u wish for what’s bad for the cowboys?

or is understanding how missing the playoffs is better a little too complicated for you?

maybe waving your Pom poms for one more win means more to u then what’s best for the team going forward?

An intelligent person uses substantive counterpoints to demonstrate the other side's irrational line of attempted reasoning.

In the absence of having that, an intelligent person is intellectually humble enough to accept that there are times when the other side has a point that has to be conceded.

And the converse of each of those two statements is also true.

(It's especially vivid when, instead of substantive counterpoint, ad hominem is the substituted rhetorical weapon of choice.)

Again. Football is entertainment. And that's all it is and all it should be.

Losing is not entertaining. Ever.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
An intelligent person uses substantive counterpoints to demonstrate the other side's irrational line of attempted reasoning.

In the absence of having that, an intelligent person is intellectually humble enough to accept that there are times when the other side has a point that has to be conceded.

And the converse of each of those two statements is also true.

(It's especially vivid when, instead of substantive counterpoint, ad hominem is the substituted rhetorical weapon of choice.)

Again. Football is entertainment. And that's all it is and all it should be.

Losing is not entertaining. Ever.

You are a cheerleader, I’m a real fan.

some people are just too stupid to understand the difference.

_sturt_

Reaction score
In 2019? Yes, I'd like to see that list please. I'm sure it's a long one.

Oh. Wait.

You mean how it would benefit us winning in 2020 and beyond???

Except, you have no control over that, now do you. For all you know, the next HC could be even more despicable.

No. We only have today and what's right in front of us. I didn't make that rule. Someone higher than me did. But I don't curse at it. I accept it.

Let's go 1-0 today. And then, go 1-0 next weekend if we can. And the next one, and the next one... etc.

And if not, then let's make those judgments of what's best for 2020 once 2019 is done.

Still being preachy, sorry.... but that's what intellectually astute, mentally healthy people do who aren't reliant upon football to salve their egos--as if any of us individual fans ever coach or play or have anything actually to-do with the outcomes of games.

Diehard literally means so badly wanting the team to win that that want dies hard... and there is no harder "dying want" than what we have in front of us today.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Does jerrah really have you believing the freckled puppet is in demand? Come on man.... No one is going to want him, his ego is too inflated for a guy who has done nothing.
He will have a job somewhere next season. The NFL has other crazy owners besides just Jerry. He won't be a HC, but he will be on some other team's staff in some capacity. There are worse coaches than clappy clown , and they are still employed.

_sturt_

Reaction score
The season, not so fun. But today... except for Troy's constant belly-aching... was fun. Entertaining, one might say. Too bad the Giants didn't perform better, but oh well. New coaches, new players, and the next era begins. Anxious to see how the off-season develops.

Big_D

Reaction score
Garrett being shown the door is the greater good right now! The big picture with big changes. This team wasn’t winning a dam thing even if they backed in.

_sturt_

Reaction score
No harm in winning. Absolutely none. You folks joust at windmills, you really do. Tough way to go through life.