Which NFC East rival has the best long term outlook

Which NFC East rival has the best long term outlook

• Total voters

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where is none of the above? :lmao:

I went with WFT, as they need a QB and the defense looks decent, but not against strong offenses.
Philly and NYG have too many other spots to fill yet.

Dallas though has the better long term outlook of any of the NFCE teams.

The Natural

Reaction score
Philly, they always seem to find a way to luck up into something. I'm not a believer in Washington's alleged vaunted defense, and the Giants are just pathetic.

quickccc

Reaction score
i voted NYG
because they have the best QB of the foes, and barkley who is elite once he fully recovers and prove his
previous form pre-injury.
- but it will have to be after fires, upgrades and overhauls at OC, HC and GM.

i'm just not convince about Hurts, who i think is more gimmicky than legit.

chicago JK

Reaction score
really can't answer until any of them get a top 10 QB. Without one, they are pretty much irrelevant. I am tired of being in such a poor division but not being able to separate from the rest of the junk.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Philly, they always seem to find a way to luck up into something. I'm not a believer in Washington's alleged vaunted defense, and the Giants are just pathetic.

Philly does have 3 1st round picks next year, if they get the 3rd one from the Colts.
So that have that to build with.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This question is about forecasting the future but the answer is influenced by what has happened in the past. Older fans probably have more disdain for the team formerly called the "red skins". They were our nemesis for many years when both teams were regarded among the league's best talent. Fans may even recall very good competition from the New Jersey Gnats in the past. We will certainly not forget or forgive Eli Manning for beating us in the "Jerry World" opener game and signing the wall in the visitor's locker room. But alas, as to the question at hand, the gnats are a dumpster fire and will continue to be so in the foreseeable future. Younger fans no doubt see the philthy iggles as our biggest divisional foe. They have been the thorn in our side for many seasons. Even though the WFT currently has a defense that seems formidable, it is the iggles that are statistically strong on defense. I think it is the iggles that have the better long-term outlook of the three divisional teams.

Sydla

Reaction score
Impossible to tell. We have the best QB in the division but Philly has an unknown in Hurts and are stocked with a bunch of high picks in the next draft.

Giants? They seem perpetually stuck in the mud. Skins don't have a QB and no real prospects for one (like Philly who has Hurts but also picks to get a QB in the next draft).

JBS

Reaction score
If the eagles somehow land a top 5 pick from Indy, you have to like their setup. I don’t think they will , but who knows how stupid those guys in Indy are.

@Risen Star said it’s really hard to say. Just as hard to go against his opinion. He’s usually bang on.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im gonna go with Philadelphia. NY made some bad hires in Gettleman, Judge and Garrett. They have to wash that clean, and I don't know if they do that after the season. Roseman is what he is, but he has at least been effective for them as a GM. Its hard to call Sirianni either way right now, but he did coach under Reich and Reid. Washington has made some bad draft decisions (Young over Herbert. Jammin Davis), and went with a mediocre HC with a name who will probably get longer their than he deserves.

Philadelphia also has the most draft capital

aikemirv

Reaction score
Philly but depends on Hurts.

Washington needs a QB and their secondary needs an overhaul.

Giants -Jones is not the answer - they need to move on or they are gonna be cellar dwellers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who do you most poised to build the strongest team

I went with Philadelphia, because they've seemingly best navigated their challenges. Hurts doesn't look overwhelmed out there and their new coaching staff looks capable. Those were my two biggest question marks for them. And they're well-stocked in upcoming drafts to get better quickly.

Conversely, Washington has no quarterback, not much of an offensive line, and even their strength in defense is very disappointing.

New York is saddled with Jason Garrett and despite huge investments in offense, that side of the ball continues to underperform and disappoint. As long as they employ that goof, they will continue to struggle.