Which NFC East rival has the best long term outlook

Which NFC East rival has the best long term outlook

• Total voters

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the eagles somehow land a top 5 pick from Indy, you have to like their setup. I don’t think they will , but who knows how stupid those guys in Indy are.

@Risen Star said it’s really hard to say. Just as hard to go against his opinion. He’s usually bang on.
I see them shelving Wentz if it looks like they may have to give up a top 10 pick. Wouldn't be surprised if they ice him if they are below. 500 at the mid point of the season

Reactions: JBS

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I went with Philadelphia, because they've seemingly best navigated their challenges. Hurts doesn't look overwhelmed out there and their new coaching staff looks capable. Those were my two biggest question marks for them.

Conversely, Washington has no quarterback, not much of an offensive line, and even their strength in defense is very disappointing.

New York is saddled with Jason Garrett and despite huge investments in offense, that side of the ball continues to underperform and disappoint. As long as they employ that goof, they will continue to struggle.
NY could be interesting if the cut ties with Gettleman, Judge and Garrett in the offseason. I don't know that they do all that

fivetwos

Reaction score
Giants are building a nice roster but I don't think the QB is the real deal....and yesterday was the perfect case in point to Garrett holding them back. It's nuts that they can't see it, but I hope they never do.

Philly is clearly much better...and props to @Sydla for when I disagreed on this a couple weeks ago. That DLine is aging but still effective, and it's the strength of that team for now.

WFT has no QB. End of story.

I've been neutral on Prescott and generally stay out of the endless debates, but if he can't win this division over Hurts, Jones and Heienke....there's something seriously wrong.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Philly does have 3 1st round picks next year, if they get the 3rd one from the Colts.
So that have that to build with.
This plus they have some good pieces already. I have no idea how good their coaching staff is but they have the most promise IMO.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NY could be interesting if the cut ties with Gettleman, Judge and Garrett in the offseason. I don't know that they do all that

That's an interesting question. I think they definitely need to get rid of Garrett (although as a Cowboys fan, I hope they give him a decade-plus like we did!) but I think they would like to give Judge one more year to prove himself. I think what he did with an under-stocked defensive unit last year was impressive. I think that Judge might can Garrett during this season in an effort to turn things around and save himself. We'll see...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Where is none of the above? :lmao:

I went with WFT, as they need a QB and the defense looks decent, but not against strong offenses.
Philly and NYG have too many other spots to fill yet.

Dallas though has the better long term outlook of any of the NFCE teams.

I almost went WFT but the defense doesn't look as good as last year.

Aven8

Reaction score
I went Philly as they always seem to be a tough out. Roseman always pulls some trade etc. Hurts isn’t a long term answer at QB however. He just can’t throw the ball. Been saying the same thing since he was at Bama.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Who do you most poised to build the strongest team
It's hard to say as all 3 could be in the market for a new starting QB after the season. Yes, Jones/Hurts will be given the year to earn that long-term job, but they haven't shown it yet. I think Washington is going to think big next offseason and try to land either Rodgers or Watson.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Definitely Washington. All they need is a quarterback.

MEANWHILE....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Philly is gong to have to rebuild that D soon. Maybe if Washington can swing a trade for Watson.

That would definitely solve their biggest issue in a hurry. But then again we have to see how his off field situation plays out too.

khiladi

Reaction score

This was our next Tom Landry.. I read it here on this forum and even Aikman backed this man…. The guy Romo was shackled with and throughout his career took the blame for, including by the Garrett-lackeys in the media in Dallas…

@Chocolate Lab

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

This was our next Tom Landry.. I read it here on this forum and even Aikman backed this man…. The guy Romo was shackled with and throughout his career took the blame for, including by the Garrett-lackeys in the media in Dallas…

@Chocolate Lab

He was one of Romo's bff's though

conner01

Reaction score
Really hard to answer.
It is because while the WFT has a good core on defense, by the time they fix the rest those guys will be FA
The giants are just a mess
I haven’t watched an Eagles game yet so can’t really judge them. But they have a half decent roster and good D. If they get good QB play they are probably the closest to being good

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No he wasn’t.. Romo eventually got him stripped of play calling duty during the contract negotiations.
If you choose believe that. I choose to believe the amount Romo was visibly stuck up Garretts backside during offseasons. Those two were practically cuddle buddies