Which NFC East rival has the best long term outlook

Which NFC East rival has the best long term outlook

• Total voters

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Based on actual play, Eagles. Their defense will keep them in games

On paper, I think WFT is the most talented DL in the division, maybe top 3 in the league. But they don't play like it often. They have a great WR in McLaurin, but after that... meh.

NYG looks a mess. They look like a team that SHOULD be 0-3.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Who do you most poised to build the strongest team

Not to sound like “ homer “ syndrome but Dallas with Dak Cee Dee Schultz some other pieces Amari Pollard plus what was added to the defense in the off season Quinn Parsons Cox plus Diggs etc is building a nice contender in the humble opinion dept.

I do think the rest of this division is going to have issues playing out of division games .

Majic

Reaction score
Eagles for me. Best GM in division. How he got something for Wentz was remarkable and then negotiated a great trade in Draft which gives them multiple 1st round picks but also have the space to evaluate Hurts for a season.

Next season Cowboys v Eagles will be back on SNF

khiladi

Reaction score
If you choose believe that. I choose to believe the amount Romo was visibly stuck up Garretts backside during offseasons. Those two were practically cuddle buddies

I never said Garrett wasn’t a politician. Garrett followed him around because Jerry loved Romo, and when Dak got the starting job, Garrett disappeared. And the media was reporting clear tensions between them.

There is nothing to believe. These are facts thus the term “Peyton-like” responsibilities by Jerry when Romo got the contract and Wade Wilson directly saying Romo would have input in the game planing and even Jason Garrett coming out after it happened, saying it “makes sense” for Romo to be involved in it. That’s why Jerry said in 2014 they don’t want Garrett anywhere near the offense, that he was Interfering in 2013 and said in the same context his role would be ambiguous and Jerry was gushing about the Linehan-Romo relationship in training camp, while everybody else was focused on other things.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
At the moment, none of them look like they’re going to be consistently good any time soon…
Be interesting to see if the Giants draft a QB if they’re picking in the top 3 next year.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Which one has the best chance of getting rid of all of their players and acquiring new, better ones the fastest?

I'll pick that one.

Man these teams are trash. I'm not sure if the Cowboys play in the NFC East or the Big East.

Qualifier: I freely acknowledge Dallas' ability to shoot itself in the foot and lose to these fools.

JayFord

Reaction score
1. WFT - theyre just like Dallas take one step forward and 10 steps back

2. NYG - this is the worst team in the NFL

3. PHI - who knows it all depends on Hurts Development

4. *bonus* DAL - one of the rare teams in the NFL that has just as good a chance to win every game they play as they do losing it this team could seriously go 16-1 or 1-16

MaineBoy

Reaction score
That's an interesting question. I think they definitely need to get rid of Garrett (although as a Cowboys fan, I hope they give him a decade-plus like we did!) but I think they would like to give Judge one more year to prove himself. I think what he did with an under-stocked defensive unit last year was impressive. I think that Judge might can Garrett during this season in an effort to turn things around and save himself. We'll see...

I agree and think Judge deserves another year, but he is screwed as long as Gettleman is above him and Garrett below him. Why the Giants have stuck with Gettlemen is beyond me. The Garrett hire smells like an ownership hire, ala Jerry, because of the rumors about Garrett and the Giants even before Garrett was officially fired here...and before they hired Judge I think.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree and think Judge deserves another year, but he is screwed as long as Gettleman is above him and Garrett below him. Why the Giants have stuck with Gettlemen is beyond me. The Garrett hire smells like an ownership hire, ala Jerry, because of the rumors about Garrett and the Giants even before Garrett was officially fired here...and before they hired Judge I think.

:hammer:

Agree on all counts.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You gotta wonder if a new GM will want his own coach. I think you gotta sacrifice Judge if thats the case. I think he deserves one more year, but he isnt someone you absolutely must keep either

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I went with Philly.

• Just can't pick Washington with no long term QB........and that defence isn't worth the praise heaped on it (front 4 yes but not the whole D).
  • Giants can't pick ANY players it seems despite picking at 2, 6, 4 in recent years........almost laughable decisions being made by them - and Jones is terrible.
  • Philly have some draft ammo and potentially a decent offence if Hurts develops / the o line stays healthy and the 2 round 1 WRs develop (just got to hope Indy don't do anything silly and Philly end up with 3 high 1st rounders in 22).
I hate feeling overly confident but I honestly don't fear any of the 3 teams over us for a while - it would be good to get 2 or 3 years of stable division titles again and then use that as a consistent springboard to playoff success just by "being there every year".

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Who do you most poised to build the strongest team

I like what the Giants and WFT are doing. But I voted for Philly.

Every other year they are considered to have a down year and every year they somehow manage to compete for the division title. Well run organisation (compared to the others in our division).

Proof

Reaction score
Philly, they always seem to find a way to luck up into something. I'm not a believer in Washington's alleged vaunted defense, and the Giants are just pathetic.

WFT's defense been getting torched. it's pretty wild.

quickccc

Reaction score
1. WFT - theyre just like Dallas take one step forward and 10 steps back

2. NYG - this is the worst team in the NFL

3. PHI - who knows it all depends on Hurts Development

4. *bonus* DAL - one of the rare teams in the NFL that has just as good a chance to win every game they play as they do losing it this team could seriously go 16-1 or 1-16

- If Phillty can get that gimmicky QB Jalen Hurts going with the RPOs, and he's not off target as usual, and they finally decide to seriously run the ball to some kind of degree, then maybe they will have enuff defensively to get them by.
the likes of the mediocre ala ATL, NYG

- I picked the NYG, because that's the only team with a legit NFL level passing QB in Daniel Jones, but their HC and OC
are just a mess. Their OL remains a mess, and Jones takes sacks and gives ball up on turnovers.
Outside from Leonard Williams, they still seem lacking as pass rushers.

- I only worry about that last Wash game On the Road last in the year- as we always seem to have issues there in DC
Otherwise they have a below average starting QB, if you blocked that somewhat overrated DL, you have a chance
at beating that defense. i think the better offenses, QBs (per Dallas, KC, LA, Ariz) will kill Wash defense, imo.