Which of the 'rooks' is your 'dog' to watch and pull for this off season?

plasticman

Reaction score
Previous pet cats of mine have been Noah Brown, Dalton Schultz, Neville Gallimore Quentin Bohanna and John Ridgeway. Even when they succeeded, the Cowboys didn't want to keep them.

So who in this year's draft will contribute just enough to be wanted by a different team three to four years later?

I'm going to go with Eric Scott.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here's wishing for great respect and good fortune for all the FA rookies who serve the Dallas Cowboys this year!:thumbup:

This happens to be an exceptional crop of rookies who have chosen to bless this team this season for the Cowboys.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
...and add in

Damone Clark has the size, athleticism, and talent, coupled with playing experience, that has me more than pleased Dallas chose him in the 2021 NFL Draft.

https://insidethestar.com/will-damone-clark-prove-to-be-the-best-linebacker-in-the-2022-nfl-draft/
A season ago, Vander Esch finished with 90 tackles, four tackles for loss, a sack, and a forced fumble. However, it’s the impact that he makes. He missed the final three games last season, and the run defense was not the same. Overall, the defense does not operate the same without him.

The Cowboys hope to see better production from guys like Damone Clark and Jabrill Cox. Third-round pick DeMarvion Overshown is athletic, can make plays off the edge and be used in coverage. However, he will need to add more strength.

Overall, what makes this position so high on the list is arguably the best defensive player in football in Micah Parsons. There have been different opinions regarding his position, but defensive coordinator Dan Quinn clarified it to reporters earlier this month that "He's a pass-rushing linebacker."

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/ranking-every-position-cowboys-worst-first-prescott-parsons/7

NotForLong

Reaction score
Some names to throw into the hat...

Offense:
Hunter Luepke, FB (North Dakota State)
T.J. Bass, OL (Oregon)
Jalen Moreno-Cropper, WR (Fresno State)

Defense:
Isaiah Land, Edge (Florida A&M)
Durrell Johnson, LB (Liberty)
Myles Brooks, CB (Louisiana Tech)
The ones everyone on this Board spewed hate at so they can eat crow

Big_D

Reaction score
I love how much competition has been created on this roster. Should be a great camp with a few surprises.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
CB Eric Scott, Jr. - the Cowboys already spent next year's 5th round pick on him so I'd like to see that not be wasted. He has tools and size so hopefuly he can show enough to allow the team to move on from some of the disappointing Corners on the roster.

WR David Durden - former baseball player who has a reputation for being a hustle guy. Could make some noise at gunner, which again, would allow the team to move on from higher-priced and IMO, completely overrated "special teams aces" in Kelvin Joseph and CJ Goodwin. As far as WR, worst-case, I hope he pushes Tolbert and Fehoko to step up or he snags their roster spot.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
A season ago, Vander Esch finished with 90 tackles, four tackles for loss, a sack, and a forced fumble. However, it’s the impact that he makes. He missed the final three games last season, and the run defense was not the same. Overall, the defense does not operate the same without him.
That's partly due to LVE's being listed at 256 lbs, 11 lbs more than any other lb on the roster. Cowboys need that beef in the lb corp...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Offense:
T.J. Bass, OL (Oregon)

Defense:
Im not expecting much this season from anyone outside of Smith. I think Overshown is the 2nd best player we drafted, and I think he will probably be to far down the depth chart in 2023 to make a huge impact. I think he could if they played him though. I honestly dont think Shoonmaker will be very good. I think his career will mirror Fasano. Contribution here and there as a #2, and slightly below average #1 if he gets the chance. Ferguson is probably a better player. I think Fehoko and Richards are very good prospects that could be starters down the line, but I dont think either will have a meaningful 2023 impact

starfan1

Reaction score
my hope is that overshown plays so well its hard to keep him off the field. My fear is he wont get enough playing time. Give me mazi as my pick to click

blueblood70

Reaction score

Offense:
T.J. Bass, OL (Oregon)

Defense:
O-Deuce Vaughn
D-Overshown

nope not from your list..

Pass2Run

Reaction score
CB Eric Scott, Jr. - the Cowboys already spent next year's 5th round pick on him so I'd like to see that not be wasted. He has tools and size so hopefuly he can show enough to allow the team to move on from some of the disappointing Corners on the roster.

WR David Durden - former baseball player who has a reputation for being a hustle guy. Could make some noise at gunner, which again, would allow the team to move on from higher-priced and IMO, completely overrated "special teams aces" in Kelvin Joseph and CJ Goodwin. As far as WR, worst-case, I hope he pushes Tolbert and Fehoko to step up or he snags their roster spot.
I was saying last year that Joseph should play safety or slot...the Cowboys are apparently just now noticing his fit there. So i wouldnt be so quick to write him off..

CCBoy

Reaction score
O-Deuce Vaughn
D-Overshown

nope not from your list..
I'm no self-appointed town crier for Saint Peters...I was just trying to stir the pot a little for some fan interest and giving a fair look a player progressions.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Im not expecting much this season from anyone outside of Smith. I think Overshown is the 2nd best player we drafted, and I think he will probably be to far down the depth chart in 2023 to make a huge impact. I think he could if they played him though. I honestly dont think Shoonmaker will be very good. I think his career will mirror Fasano. Contribution here and there as a #2, and slightly below average #1 if he gets the chance. Ferguson is probably a better player. I think Fehoko and Richards are very good prospects that could be starters down the line, but I dont think either will have a meaningful 2023 impact
I'm looking for all the contributions adding up and a lot of plays on carpet for this draft/free agent class.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I was saying last year that Joseph should play safety or slot...the Cowboys are apparently just now noticing his fit there. So i wouldnt be so quick to write him off..
Unclear that Joseph is a "fit" at safety.
Clear that we have two outside CBs entrenched ahead of him on the depth chart. If he wants real playing time, he needs to compete at another role.