Which of the 'rooks' is your 'dog' to watch and pull for this off season?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some names to throw into the hat...

Offense:
Hunter Luepke, FB (North Dakota State)
T.J. Bass, OL (Oregon)
Jalen Moreno-Cropper, WR (Fresno State)

Defense:
Isaiah Land, Edge (Florida A&M)
Durrell Johnson, LB (Liberty)
Myles Brooks, CB (Louisiana Tech)
CB Eric Scott Jr.,

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Mazi. I have been waiting since Ratliff went squirrely and Marinelli gaslit us about Hayden for DT talent.

CCBoy

Reaction score
CB Eric Scott Jr.,
Will he, you think, be the replacement for Lewis by the end of training camp?

Jourdan Lewis

The veteran has been a solid slot corner for this defense in recent years, but suddenly the Cowboys have a slew of candidates who can play slot. DaRon Bland is the top choice now and Israel Mukuamu might be right there with Lewis for the backup spot. Not to mention, they’re letting Kelvin Joseph take a crack at it (but don’t hold your breath on that one). All this means there is little need for Lewis and it wouldn’t be too shocking to see him be released this year to save the Cowboys $4.5 million in cap space.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-last-year-deal-contract-extension-free-agent

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I am interested in undrafted free agent LB/Edge player Durrell Johnson out of Liberty University. I became curious when the Cowboys brought Johnson in for a 30 visit even though most draft boards did not have him ranked in the top 400 prospects. Then, they signed him after the draft. I cannot imagine that many other teams were interested, so I want to find out why the Cowboys are interested.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
My spotlight will be on Deuce Vaughn, since I'm somewhat vertically challenged myself. :grin:

Of course, Mazi looms high on that list, also, since expectations for him will be fairly elevated.

Proof

Reaction score
Eric Scott, 100%.

I really like his physical traits and he played at USM a lot like he’ll be asked to play in Dallas. The things Quinn (and Al Harris) will ask him to do, are much the same things he did in college. So the team has seen him do many of the things they’ll ask him to do.

Best of all, I like his mental makeup. He’s a sharp guy and he’s going to be a hard worker.

IMO, things are set up very nicely for him to make the team and I expect him to be better than expected as a rookie.

Keep an eye on Scott. I think there is a good chance that he is another keeper in the secondary.

once again... damn near prophetic

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I know he’s not a rookie but I am interested to see what Isaac Alercon will do at DT.
I have it on good authority that he'll play like a Hall of Fame offensive tackle.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I was saying last year that Joseph should play safety or slot...the Cowboys are apparently just now noticing his fit there. So i wouldnt be so quick to write him off..
He's not a fit at either spot but ok

CCBoy

Reaction score
DE Viliami Fehoko

Cowboys Outlook:

Although most didn’t see it but defensive end for Dallas was a sneaky need coming into the 2023 NFL Draft. With the likes of Dorance Armstrong and Dante Fowler not on contract for 2024, and Demarcus Lawrence getting up there in age, the Cowboys decided to add to the defensive line. He’s perfectly suited to play as a hand-down left defensive end on an even front, or kick inside as a pass-rushing defensive tackle. His speed and quickness off the snap will be what excites Dan Quinn the most and will look to get him snaps in preseason to see what he can produce. This is a player who was very disruptive in the opposing backfield while playing for the Spartans.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...own-kickoff-93-viliami-fehoko-2023-nfl-season

CCBoy

Reaction score