Which Player Would Your Rather Have?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Prescott needs another Beasley type. Shakir can be that. Hopefully Tolbert can too as Lamb and Gallup can't.

A quick, shifty and fast slot guy would be nice.

I think Calvin Austin III could do so as well.

The thing about our roster now is that almost all of our WRs are similar, which is great lining out wide, but we could use a smaller guy.

I don't think Cole, specifically, has anything left. Feel free correct.

The other guy who I can see in the slot role you're talking about is Washington. He's not quite as short as Cole, but he's 5'11''. I think he has the best shot at securing a role in the slot.

I'm actually intrigued by all of our WRs. I'm thinking we improve on last year's passing performance if we get the Oline straightened out.

What?

I'm telling you who I would have drafted at each pick considering who was available.

You could have convinced me Linderbaum was a better pick, because it's generally a safer pick. But I still think it's possible Tyler Smith will end up being a better player. Kid has a great head on his shoulders. His parents did a good job raising him. I know that sounds funny, but it's a move in the right direction in our quest to find the proverbial right kind of guys.

It's not like he lacks talent.

Last edited:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
But it isn't a position of need. They play primarily with two LBs on the field. They drafted Parsons and Cox just last year and still have LVE. Getting Clark and even Harper later in the draft along with Hansford & Jackson as udfa's make way more sense. Plus the DC seems to prefer bigger, longer, faster LB types.

Right. And hopefully, Cox can come back from that injury.

If so, we're pretty set at LB, actually.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What?

I'm telling you who I would have drafted at each pick considering who was available.

I'm talking about the Watt shot. It's easy to point out when the team makes a mistake and what you would have done differently/better. Most aren't willing to their own bad choices because we're not held accountable for them. Unless you want to tell me that every draft pick you ever wanted to make turned out to be a good one.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm talking about the Watt shot. It's easy to point out when the team makes a mistake and what you would have done differently/better. Most aren't willing to their own bad choices because we're not held accountable for them. Unless you want to tell me that every draft pick you ever wanted to make turned out to be a good one.

Oh. Well here's the thing, Joe. When the guy running your scouting department says we should reach around a future Hall of Famer in the 1st round for a guy who won't even be there for the entire 1st contract, that guy should be immediately fired as the incompetent boob he just showed proved himself to be.

Instead, in Dallas, we pretend he's a guru.

That's why I mentioned Watt. Because Will McClay sucks.

If that offends you, I don't care.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Oh. Well here's the thing, Joe. When the guy running your scouting department says we should reach around a future Hall of Famer in the 1st round for a guy who won't even be there for the entire 1st contract, that guy should be immediately fired as the incompetent boob he just showed proved himself to be.

Your opinion. Everyone misses. It's a hard business. I don't think McClay sucks or that he's a draft guru. I just think some people on here are more full of themselves than they should be, especially those who worshipped at the altar of Carson Wentz. If that offends you, I don't care.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your opinion. Everyone misses. It's a hard business. I don't think McClay sucks or that he's a draft guru. I just think some people on here are more full of themselves than they should be, especially those who worshipped at the altar of Carson Wentz. If that offends you, I don't care.

He's all sensitive and stuff. Trying to silence any criticism of that bum Will McClay.

So desperate that he mentions a guy on an MVP favorite pace in 2017 before his injury, instrumental in their Super Bowl run, as somehow comparable to bypassing a HOFer for a JAG who can't play a lick.

I mean the guy was literally released two years after getting drafted in the first round.

gimmesix

Reaction score
He's all sensitive and stuff. Trying to silence any criticism of that bum Will McClay.

Nope, just pointing out the hypocrisy of some. Ballyhooing things they got right while not being willing to own up to the things they got wrong. If that's what you need to do to make yourself feel better, I'll leave you to it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, just pointing out the hypocrisy of some. Ballyhooing things they got right while not being willing to own up to the things they got wrong. If that's what you need to do to make yourself feel better, I'll leave you to it.

I'm sure you're making good points to your fellow cheerleaders.

Sydla

Reaction score
Have they drafted 5 in 5 years and probably signed the same number in free agency?

The "warm body" theory at work right here.

They've accumulated a bunch of JAGs via the draft and FA. They only took Hill because Marinelli talked them into it. Other than that, minimal investment in the position. Gallimore has some potential but that's about it.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

You're right on Watt. That was a no-brainer.

kskboys

Reaction score
Have they drafted 5 in 5 years and probably signed the same number in free agency?
IDK, have they spent 1st rounders and signed FAs who made us better? Who are you referring to that you consider a difference maker that we've acquired at DT?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Answer is simple. Williams and shoulda gave up a 5th and traded up for Dean.

I don't think Dean fits the prototype of player we're looking for. I think there's a reason he didn't test for the NFL combine.

The Realist

Reaction score
The "warm body" theory at work right here.

They've accumulated a bunch of JAGs via the draft and FA. They only took Hill because Marinelli talked them into it. Other than that, minimal investment in the position. Gallimore has some potential but that's about it.

Yeah they were thinking let’s get 4-5 warm bodies in the 2nd and 3rd round.