Which players could be surprise cuts for the Dallas Cowboys?

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Kellen Moore
I might be a little more understanding of keeping a non-impressive veteran quarterback around if 2015 didn’t happen where we all witnessed first hand what atrocious QB play can do to the team. I don’t think any of us would want to go through that again. So really, what’s the point in keeping Moore on the team?

While Jerry said that keeping QBs three appears to be the direction the team is going, they may do a catch and release....oh wait, no...a release and catch. They could cut him now with the intent of putting him on the practice squad so they can borrow that roster spot for Rico. Then, when they put Gathers on IR, they’d have a spot available to reclaim Moore. Of course, that’s all long as someone else doesn’t claim him. I guess we’ll all be on pins and needles for that one.

Prediction: They cut him. We’ve seen much better quarterbacks not get his job back over the last year so this one shouldn’t be that hard.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...e-alfred-morris-cedric-thornton-marquez-white

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Kellen Moore
I might be a little more understanding of keeping a non-impressive veteran quarterback around if 2015 didn’t happen where we all witnessed first hand what atrocious QB play can do to the team. I don’t think any of us would want to go through that again. So really, what’s the point in keeping Moore on the team?

While Jerry said that keeping QBs three appears to be the direction the team is going, they may do a catch and release....oh wait, no...a release and catch. They could cut him now with the intent of putting him on the practice squad so they can borrow that roster spot for Rico. Then, when they put Gathers on IR, they’d have a spot available to reclaim Moore. Of course, that’s all long as someone else doesn’t claim him. I guess we’ll all be on pins and needles for that one.

Prediction: They cut him. We’ve seen much better quarterbacks not get his job back over the last year so this one shouldn’t be that hard.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...e-alfred-morris-cedric-thornton-marquez-white

Prediction comes true. Kellen Moore has been cut. However, it appears Dallas is planning on bringing him back after Rico moves from 53 to IR.