Which scenario is better for the Cowboys this weekend?

Titleist

Reaction score
The Eagles play the Giants this weekend...who do we want to lose? If the Giants lose, they drop to 1-7 and are virtually guaranteed to not make the playoffs. This would be great because we all know how NY can go on late season runs. On the other hand, Philly losing would give us more of a cushion in the division race. Of course it's a forgone conclusion that the Skins will get hammered by an angry Bronco squad.

I say it's probably best for our playoff chances that Philly loses. What say you?

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I agree with Eagles lose would help us. To me, Giants are out of it, I just don't think they are good enough to be a threat to Cowboys.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
We obviously want the Giants to beat the Eagles.

If Giants win, the Eagles fall to 3-5, behind the Cowboys who would either be 4-4 or 5-3.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Giants need to win.

1. Eagles are the closest to challenging us for the division, so right away, that tells us to pull for NY.
2. We don't want the Giants to do so awful that they get the first or second overall draft pick. Personally, I hope they win enough where they aren't picking in the top 5. That should insure they don't get an automatic blue chipper next spring.

Plus, personally speaking, I'd like to see Kelly brought down another notch or two as well.

Fredd

Reaction score
The stadium imploding around them right after kick-off sounds about right to me

Hoov

Reaction score
Definitely a plus if Giants win - but they played awful last night.

Real Funny Play though was when jared allen reaching around the OLine man who was defending him and grabbing Eli's jersey and holding him while still reaching around the lineman - Holding them both together - like Eli's back was stapled to the OLinemens back - Eli just stuck standing there waiting to fall down or something.

Never seen anything like that before

dstovall5

Reaction score
I hope they both end the game with a tie, because that would basically be the same as a lose.

FiveRings

Reaction score
1-7 and 2-6 aren't much of a difference. Let's Go Giants, Philly is our main threat

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I can't see the giants winning. They couldn't even look good against the vikings.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Giants win definitely. This is not like years past. They are not climbing out of this hole. Back then, they had a solid o line and a good ground game. Not anymore. And Eli is not winning you games by himself. Even against the awful Vikings, they struggled. They can win a few games here and there but they aren't winning 7 of 8. Different circumstances this season.

Commanders are still hanging around, though. Can't forget about them. I'd bet on them making a push much more than the Giants. Good thing we hold the tiebreaker on everyone so far so that adds an extra cushion. And we get the Eagles at home next time we meet.

kirkjrk

Reaction score
Definitely a plus if Giants win - but they played awful last night.

Real Funny Play though was when jared allen reaching around the OLine man who was defending him and grabbing Eli's jersey and holding him while still reaching around the lineman - Holding them both together - like Eli's back was stapled to the OLinemens back - Eli just stuck standing there waiting to fall down or something.

Never seen anything like that before

Butt sack!!!