Which scenario is better for the Cowboys this weekend?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't see any remotely rational argument for anything other than Philly losing.

The rational the OP is using is that if Philly wins, it basically drives a stake through the heart of the G-men for the season. Meaning, at 1-7 they are done, virtually no hope of playoffs even if they do go on one of their late season runs.

Basically eliminates some of the competition, but I would rather Philly lose and give us some breathing room in case we lose as well.

Either way it is not going to make that much difference. We are going to have to take care of business ourselves at some point instead of relying on other teams to lose.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Yes a giants win is best. But the way they are playing the eagles are going to win. Who knows they might tank this game to hurt us.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
NYG still have the Packers, Chargers, Seahawks and Lions on their schedule. Pretty much looks like 4 more guaranteed losses right there. We very much want the Giants to beat the Eagles. There is still plenty of opprtunity for the Giants to be eliminated.

I would like to see Vick get sacked a lot.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
The rational the OP is using is that if Philly wins, it basically drives a stake through the heart of the G-men for the season. Meaning, at 1-7 they are done, virtually no hope of playoffs even if they do go on one of their late season runs.

That's true, but we actually need the Giants to play well from here on out (except for that Cowboys-Giants game.) It would help a lot for the Giants to defeat the Commanders twice.

CowboysPhan

Obsequious Cowboys Toadie
Reaction score
Definitely a plus if Giants win - but they played awful last night.

Real Funny Play though was when jared allen reaching around the OLine man who was defending him and grabbing Eli's jersey and holding him while still reaching around the lineman - Holding them both together - like Eli's back was stapled to the OLinemens back - Eli just stuck standing there waiting to fall down or something.

Never seen anything like that before

I know! That was hilarious! When I saw it live I couldn't figure out what Eli was doing, then I realized someone had him by the jersey. Never saw anything like it either!

Butt sack!!!

Ewwww!!!

DuceizBak

Reaction score
I want the giants to beat the eagles..but they struggled against a vikings team that would probably draw with the jacksonville jaguars

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I want the giants to beat the eagles..but they struggled against a vikings team that would probably draw with the jacksonville jaguars

I think it all comes down to who is starting at QB for the Eagles.

If Foles or Vick start, the Eagles should be favored to win.

If Barkley is starting, the odds suddenly swing heavily in favor of the Giants.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Best scenario? Cowboys win. Handle your business don't worry about everyone else.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Eagles play the Giants this weekend...who do we want to lose? If the Giants lose, they drop to 1-7 and are virtually guaranteed to not make the playoffs. This would be great because we all know how NY can go on late season runs. On the other hand, Philly losing would give us more of a cushion in the division race. Of course it's a forgone conclusion that the Skins will get hammered by an angry Bronco squad.

I say it's probably best for our playoff chances that Philly loses. What say you?

Scoreless tie !!!

T-RO

Reaction score
Of course it's a forgone conclusion that the Skins will get hammered by an angry Bronco squad.

No it isn't. Not at all. Parity has been with us for decades and you still don't get it?

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Giants need to win.

1. Eagles are the closest to challenging us for the division, so right away, that tells us to pull for NY.
2. We don't want the Giants to do so awful that they get the first or second overall draft pick. Personally, I hope they win enough where they aren't picking in the top 5. That should insure they don't get an automatic blue chipper next spring.

Plus, personally speaking, I'd like to see Kelly brought down another notch or two as well.

One thing is true, if they do get a top 5 pick and end up with Clowney it would be a sad, sad day. You know that they would look at him first over anyone else and probably trade up to get him.

Giants need to win.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
None of it matters if we don't win, all we can control is what we do.

I agree with this. The way I see it, is if we take care of our business in the NFCE, it really doesn't matter who wins between NYG/Philly. A sweep of the NFCE means:

- Cowboys improve to 7-3; If we sweep, 9 wins will definetly win the division with Dallas holding all of the tie breakers (8-8 will most likely be enough). The Cowboys would only need to win 2 games out of Det, Chi, Oak, Minn to win the division which seems very doable. Even just one more win would most likely be enough.

- The Giants move to 2-7; 1 more loss and they wil be out of the race. With SD, GB Sea, and Det remaining, I think it is guarantee they lose at least one.

- The R**skins move to 2-5; WIth Denver, SD, KC and Atl still on the schedule I can't see them with any more than two wins (and that's being optimistic for them) plus they still have to play the Eagles. That's at least 3 losses with that schedule.

- The Eagles move to 3-5; With GB, Det and the Skins still on the schedule (I should probably include AZ - even though theey are 3-4 3 of their losses were to the Saints, Sea, and SF) They obviously have the easiest remaining schedule, however, with just two more losses means the best they could do is 9-7 and the Cowboys would hold the tie breaker. A loss to the Giants would definetly make our path to become the NFCE champions a lot easier.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Eagles play the Giants this weekend...who do we want to lose? If the Giants lose, they drop to 1-7 and are virtually guaranteed to not make the playoffs. This would be great because we all know how NY can go on late season runs. On the other hand, Philly losing would give us more of a cushion in the division race. Of course it's a forgone conclusion that the Skins will get hammered by an angry Bronco squad.

I say it's probably best for our playoff chances that Philly loses. What say you?

I would rather see Philly lose and fall another game back of the Cowboys.