Which secondary players get resigned next year if any?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Man I wish we would have drafted Rapp or Thornhill instead of Hill.

Never draft a man named Tristan.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In your scenario not resigning anyone, what's your plan with the starting safeties? Corner opposite Diggs and nickel CB?

They drafted two corners this year and I would expect them to do more of that next year making the secondary a focus. FA would be the other possibility.

Maybe one of the 3 would sign for cheap or would impress this year. But if they do are they going to sign for cheap or is some team going to pay them big money?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They drafted two corners this year and I would expect them to do more of that next year making the secondary a focus. FA would be the other possibility.

Maybe one of the 3 would sign for cheap or would impress this year. But if they do are they going to sign for cheap or is some team going to pay them big money?

-Due to the numbers of fa's in the secondary next yr, it looks like it will be a priority need for 2021.
-In a perfect world the likes of Wilson/Robinson ascend to become quality starters
-Other priority needs could arise, such as DE or even LT.
-I believe at least one holdover will be brought back due to the lack of numbers.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
-Due to the numbers of fa's in the secondary next yr, it looks like it will be a priority need for 2021.
-In a perfect world the likes of Wilson/Robinson ascend to become quality starters
-Other priority needs could arise, such as DE or even LT.
-I believe at least one holdover will be brought back due to the lack of numbers.

It will all depend on how much money we get from the structuring of the Dak contract.

You pay Dak whatever he wants (and when he wants it) and we'll be left with no money for anyone other than Robinson ll and Diggs.

As you said in a previous post, a team has to develop their own talent whilst spending money on 'franchise' players.

That's the reason I question the composition of Dak's contract.

For the record I like the Robinson ll and Diggs acquisitions a lot ….lets see how they play first before looking at spending money.

You sound like my eldest daughter ….spending for the sake of it lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
NO WAY to know yet. Let get through this season first. A lot can change quickly.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It will all depend on how much money we get from the structuring of the Dak contract.

You pay Dak whatever he wants (and when he wants it) and we'll be left with no money for anyone other than Robinson ll and Diggs.

As you said in a previous post, a team has to develop their own talent whilst spending money on 'franchise' players.

That's the reason I question the composition of Dak's contract.

For the record I like the Robinson ll and Diggs acquisitions a lot ….lets see how they play first before looking at spending money.

You sound like my eldest daughter ….spending for the sake of it lol

I just don't want to see the undrafted, late draft pick route they have used for many seasons, especially at the safety position. If the team rebuilds the defense, they have to add legitimate talent to the unit.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I just don't want to see the undrafted, late draft pick route they have used for many seasons, especially at the safety position. If the team rebuilds the defense, they have to add legitimate talent to the unit.

I refer you to the answer I gave previously …. IF DAK DOESNT AGREE TO A CONTRACT THAT ALLOWS US FLEXIBILITY (and that may involve a longer contract), we don't have the money available in 2021 to sign a 'legitimate talent' defence.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Very important year for the incumbent secondary players from the prior regime under Garrett/Marinelli. The majority are scheduled to become unrestricted fa's:

-Awuzie
-J. Lewis
-X Woods

-HaHa (former player with MM Ties)

There isn't much depth behind these players, especially at safety. Might have little choice but to at least resign 1:

-Awuzie is the best player out of the three. Has been a day 1 quality starting CB since he was drafted. There has been some talk of him playing some safety in the nickel to play more to his strengths.

-Lewis has been more of a dime CB since he was drafted. Has shown strong ball skills, but has struggled at times in coverage.

-X Woods has certainly outplayed his draft status as a former 6th rd pick. Has shown strong coverage abilities, but inconsistent as a tackler. Kind of like M Collins, many project him to become that breakout player, but it just wasn't happened as of yet.
pretty easy one for me, Woods