Which set do you prefer on a given Sunday?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The ratings will weed out the bad announcers, most everything the networks do is based on ratings. Obviously a lot of people like Buck or he'd not have been where he is so many years.

75boyz

Reaction score
I thought several years back Aikman over compensated to not show bias towards Dallas. I think he still does. Although last year's public questioning of Jerry's front office methodology was accurate, it was also at the expense of a friend in Jason Garrett.

In other words, you can't do the friendship thing with Garrett behind closed doors(wink wink) but then publicly disparage him as a part of the organizational problem.

I thought there was a delicate balance there that maybe could have been handled a little more politically correct.

And yes, this comes from a guy who in no way is a Garrett supporter nor Jerry fanboy. Just the opposite actually. I am speaking strictly from Garrett and Aikman's friendship standpoint.

So I guess, short answer...I prefer Romo, lol :).

aria

Reaction score
I much prefer Buck and Troy, they keep it real and tell it how it is which is why a lot of cowboy fans don’t like them. Those same fans can’t handle the truth and take personal offense when they’re critical of the cowboys.

Romo annoys the hell out of me with his scratchy lifetime smokers voice and all of his ooo’ing and ahhh’ing. He does bring some perspective to the game but his “predictions” are completely over blown. “He may run or pass on this play” and his fans say “he calls everything before it happens, he’s so smart”. Please. His announcing is about as over rated as his quarterbacking.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A true broadcasting dream team would consist of:

Bryant Gumbel and Dennis Miller.....

:flagwave::popcorn:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Jim Nantz and Romo or Troy and Buck?

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRazyDCRMSvzqCdHWj3BIcSX0-x53o489PJjA&usqp=CAU

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUDlYypqH1D3wi6EsVjU9QuYHFh2UgoxBgsQ&usqp=CAU

To each his own but, i'm big time Romo. :)
Anyone but Buck. Anyone.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
It would be something else if we could pair Emmitt Smith and Jason Witten in the booth. Yep, that would be something else.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jim Nantz and Romo or Troy and Buck?

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRazyDCRMSvzqCdHWj3BIcSX0-x53o489PJjA&usqp=CAU

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUDlYypqH1D3wi6EsVjU9QuYHFh2UgoxBgsQ&usqp=CAU

To each his own but, i'm big time Romo. :)
Tony Romo is a joke right now.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao, you guys hating on Romo and Troy but can't get enough of Michael crackhead Irvin talking like he's got a mouth full of crap. you can't make this crap up

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Hank Stram was one of my favorite broadcasters. Was partnered with many other announcers, on television and radio, but was always good...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Romo annoys the hell out of me with his scratchy lifetime smokers voice and all of his ooo’ing and ahhh’ing.
He's like a scaled down version of Macho Man Randy Savage. Can only take it in small doses. Oooooooohhhh Jiiiiiiimmmmm!!!

aria

Reaction score
He's like a scaled down version of Macho Man Randy Savage. Can only take it in small doses. Oooooooohhhh Jiiiiiiimmmmm!!!
Lol, thanks, I love Savage and it was already hard listening to Romo but I’ll never be able to hear him again without thinking of this. If it’s possible, listening to Romo just got worse.

Proof

Reaction score
Cowboys fans will eventually turn on Romo as they did on Aikman. They just haven't heard Tony be critical of the Cowboys enough times yet. :rolleyes:

could happen. But different animals imo

Troy has a stern demeanor and hasn’t just been critical of the Cowboys he’s been harsh. And he should be, but I think it’s colored by his place in Cowboys history. Feels especially bad hearing it from him. Tony just has that energetic, friendly bounce when he talks.

Proof

Reaction score
I hated Madden because he all too often made stupid comments on purpose trying to be cute instead of doing his job. Like one game he kept making a big deal about the sweat on the legs of linemen and saying the amount of sweat determines how good the player was. That has zero to do with how good a player is.

lol. You sound like a ton of fun

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Its amazing reading these different responses. I respect them all as it gives a new perspective on "We are all different". If we were all the same the world would be boring.

To each his own...:thumbup: My remote still has mute over bucks face. :laugh:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
lol. You sound like a ton of fun

Oh I see you watch NFL football for comic relief. I have nothing against a funny comment OCCASIONALLY, But Madden used to do it all game long and to ma that completely offset any knowledge he might have passed on from his coaching experience. I watch NFL football for the sport and want the announcers to announce the game, not be standup comedians.

Proof

Reaction score
Oh I see you watch NFL football for comic relief. I have nothing against a funny comment OCCASIONALLY, But Madden used to do it all game long and to ma that completely offset any knowledge he might have passed on from his coaching experience. I watch NFL football for the sport and want the announcers to announce the game, not be standup comedians.

I watch everything to be entertained. And I love personality which madden had in spades. To each their own, you just sound like a buzzkill