Which set do you prefer on a given Sunday?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I want the broadcasters to tell me something I don't know. After following football and the NFL for over 50 years, not to brag but unfortunately that's difficult for any broadcaster to do.

So I can't be too critical if they don't dazzle and amaze me with their insights...

GMO415

Reaction score
Mute button. I play music while watching the game.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Rule #1 for 3rd world travelers - don’t order your meat medium rare. Also, don’t eat fresh produce like a lettuce salad washed in local water -made that mistake first time in Uganda.

Lol I hear ya. I made that mistake once and learned my lesson real good.

Nothing but super cooked meat and cooked vegetables and rice from then on out.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I’ll explain the Buck hate.

1. joe Buck calls a lot of cowboys games because the cowboys are Regularly the top fox game due to their ratings.

2. Joe Buck gets excited, shows excitement for teams that are playing well and excelling. The issue is the cowboys have been a mediocre at best franchise (a bottom tier franchise at actually playoff success) so Buck doesn’t kiss their butts like he does actual good teams and top of the notch players.

and it makes some fans bitter because they get mad at the messenger (Buck) and not the message (a poor cowboys team thanks to the Jones’ boys)

If the cowboys were playing as well as they were in the 90’s. Buck would praise them left and right and the fans watching would love him for it.
Not correct. Buck has a certain smugness that irritates me. Like when Moss fake mooned the packers after a TD. You would have thought the world would end with the way he reacted to the "disgusting act". It is not just with the cowboys. He has a hard on for certain players/teams and is not shy about it during his broadcasts. I find it irritating and unprofessional. I much prefer any other color guy over Buck. His dad was great, he's just a ******.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not correct. Buck has a certain smugness that irritates me. Like when Moss fake mooned the packers after a TD. You would have thought the world would end with the way he reacted to the "disgusting act". It is not just with the cowboys. He has a hard on for certain players/teams and is not shy about it during his broadcasts. I find it irritating and unprofessional. I much prefer any other color guy over Buck. His dad was great, he's just a ******.

Obviously it doesn’t fit every fan. But make no mistakes. If Bucks kissing the cowboys azz and cowboys players azz like he does others. Some fans would love him.

No doubt in my mind.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Listening to Buck is like listening to nails on a chalkboard!

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Obviously it doesn’t fit every fan. But make no mistakes. If Bucks kissing the cowboys azz and cowboys players azz like he does others. Some fans would love him.

No doubt in my mind.
Probably true, but I won't be one of them.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Broadcasters are like ice cream flavors. Everyone has their favorites.

I prefer Joe Buck and Troy Aikman because I like a “less is more” approach to sports broadcasting. Tony Romo is talented and insightful, but for my taste he talks way too much. I find it exhausting rather than entertaining. I want to see a play unfold on my own. Romo’s granular detail and high pitched comments about a “disguised cover 2” is tiresome for 4 quarters.

The negative comments I see a lot by Cowboys fans regarding Troy and Joe Buck seem to center around thinking they praise the other team too much. Or that Troy isn’t pro-Cowboys, which he’s paid not to be pro any team.

It’s funny, in a 2019 survey of fans regarding broadcasters, every fan base-100% of them felt the NFL TV announcers over-praise the other team and not THEIR team. I’ve seen a lot of our fans say Buck “loves the packers”, yet packers fans said in the survey that JB is a “Cowboys lover”, lol. The last 4 years, the Cowboys have only made the playoffs one time and have a combined 33-31 record. If Joe Buck is calling the game your favorite team is losing, most fans are going to think he is over-hyping the team that is beating your team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Broadcasters are like ice cream flavors. Everyone has their favorites.

I prefer Joe Buck and Troy Aikman because I like a “less is more” approach to sports broadcasting. Tony Romo is talented and insightful, but for my taste he talks way too much. I find it exhausting rather than entertaining. I want to see a play unfold on my own. Romo’s granular detail and high pitched comments about a “disguised cover 2” is tiresome for 4 quarters.

The negative comments I see a lot by Cowboys fans regarding Troy and Joe Buck seem to center around thinking they praise the other team too much. Or that Troy isn’t pro-Cowboys, which he’s paid not to be pro any team.

It’s funny, in a 2019 survey of fans regarding broadcasters, every fan base-100% of them felt the NFL TV announcers over-praise the other team and not THEIR team. I’ve seen a lot of our fans say Buck “loves the packers”, yet packers fans said in the survey that JB is a “Cowboys lover”, lol. The last 4 years, the Cowboys have only made the playoffs one time and have a combined 33-31 record. If Joe Buck is calling the game your favorite team is losing, most fans are going to think he is over-hyping the team that is beating your team.
You could have turned Madden's use of the word "Farve" into a drinking game.

Speaking of drinking games, and I was, the Fox & Hound close to me had a great one on the late Sunday afternoon games with Buck. Every time he would turn to smile that cheesy grin into the camera while Aikman was talking, it was bottoms up. He eventually stopped doing that so much because i think they pointed out that was a camera not a mirror. But he did that for several seasons and it was funny and fun.

And one thing you will always see on a Fox broadcast at ATT is at least two shots of Booger and not as much on CBS. Booger was the one that gave Murdoch the inside info on CBS bid to retain the NFC and enabled them to outbid CBS for it. CBS wasn't about Booger after that. It wasn't illegal but they thought it was unethical.

That has always made me laugh. Here's a guy that comes into the NFL and his first official act is to get the head to head competitors of the NFL sponsors for his team and stadium. The other owners were "shame on you, Booger" and then every one of them followed suit after he sued them. They just thought they were making money until he came along.

I don't like him but he earned that gold jacket with the money he showed them how to make. Booger, the Gordon Gecko of the NFL! Greed is gooooood!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You could have turned Madden's use of the word "Farve" into a drinking game.

Speaking of drinking games, and I was, the Fox & Hound close to me had a great one on the late Sunday afternoon games with Buck. Every time he would turn to smile that cheesy grin into the camera while Aikman was talking, it was bottoms up. He eventually stopped doing that so much because i think they pointed out that was a camera not a mirror. But he did that for several seasons and it was funny and fun.

And one thing you will always see on a Fox broadcast at ATT is at least two shots of Booger and not as much on CBS. Booger was the one that gave Murdoch the inside info on CBS bid to retain the NFC and enabled them to outbid CBS for it. CBS wasn't about Booger after that. It wasn't illegal but they thought it was unethical.

That has always made me laugh. Here's a guy that comes into the NFL and his first official act is to get the head to head competitors of the NFL sponsors for his team and stadium. The other owners were "shame on you, Booger" and then every one of them followed suit after he sued them. They just thought they were making money until he came along.

I don't like him but he earned that gold jacket with the money he showed them how to make. Booger, the Gordon Gecko of the NFL! Greed is gooooood!
And somehow over the years, “the Boog” has convinced himself that all the money he makes and the self perceived beauty of his “Stayjum” is the same as winning on the field.

I’ll never forget in 2015 when the Cowboys were mired in that miserable season when Romo was hurt almost all year, a reporter asked JJ if he was “embarrassed” by his team’s play after losing another game. Jerry fumed visibly and said, “Have you seen this stayjum? You think I’m embarrassed sitting in this stayjum?” He actually believes he’s winning all the time, no matter what. That is as good an explanation of the last 25 years as there is.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Buck is awful and when he talks I want to punch myself in the face.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
tenor.gif
my fav. you can just relax when he has the chair.