Who’s draft did you like?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ghst187, May 3, 2021.

1. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

12,006 Messages
    7,201 Likes Received
    I’ll be honest, I did NOT like our draft, at least most of it. Thought we reached badly esp in round 3.
    So I decided to look around at the rest of the NFLs draft classes and discovered that I don’t like many of them either. I liked Detroit and Miami’s overall the best. I usually look at player value for pick as my main criteria. Who’s draft class this year did you like?

2. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

6,267 Messages
    4,275 Likes Received
    Cowboys

817Gill and JoeKing like this.
  3. DanA

DanA Well-Known Member

2,788 Messages
    2,774 Likes Received
    Browns:
    Newsome
    JOK
    Mayfield
    Shwartz
    Hudson
    Togiai
    Fields
    Lecourte
    Felton

4. Carter

Carter Well-Known Member

1,874 Messages
    2,236 Likes Received
    I liked Falcons, Panthers, Browns, Broncos, Lions, Jaguars, Miami.

5. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

16,484 Messages
    23,227 Likes Received
    I watch the Cowboys and Dolphins and I really only followed the Dolphins outside of the Cowboys this draft.

I truly liked their draft for the most part.

They needed explosive receivers this offseason and better edge players for how Flores runs his defense. They got two very good prospects with high ceilings there. Waddle should give them that homerun threat from anywhere on the field and Phillips was in contention for best defensive prospect in the draft if not for his medical. They also nabbed Ecihenberg in the 2nd who should be a day 1 starter at RT protecting Tua's blindside and they got a good piece in Holland for FS.
    I just wish they could of nabbed a RB in day 2 but really can't complain about the guys they drafted.
    Hunter Long too seems like a TE with starters upside. Good congency plan if they can't re-sign Gesicki/or want to run 2TE packages here and there

stasheroo likes this.
  6. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

6,517 Messages
    3,233 Likes Received
    Lions for sure the Browns also had a very good one.

817Gill likes this.
  7. chicago JK

chicago JK Well-Known Member

2,562 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    I can't go very deep on this draft to give real opinions, so I will focus early. I liked what the Giants did. Toney looks like a boom or bust prospect, so I may have gone a different direction. But if he hits, he will cause a lot of problems with his RAC ability. They got the DE from Georgia in the second round and I would not have been surprised if they took him in the first. Then in the third, they may have a comparable CB talent that Dallas got in the second. But the big thing is they looked to pick up a pretty good first from the Bears next year. QB is still a big concern.

If I was truly on board with Zach Wilson, then the Jets had a good early draft. They picked up another monster on the offensive line. Then added Elijah Moore and Michael Carter in rounds 2-4 to add more juice to their offense.

Browns took a lot of names I liked....not sure if they can play though. We will see.

I also liked the Dolphins. Although a lot of their success will depend on if they were right on Tua.

I don't think this was a really good draft class, but maybe with this odd season it was tough to evaluate. With that being said, Dallas didn't do enough. Disappointed after such a good draft last year.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Proof likes this.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

51,324 Messages
    39,082 Likes Received
    Not in order, I like these a lot

Bears
    Jets
    Browns
    Jags
    Panthers
    Chargers
    Lions
    Pats

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  9. fansince68

fansince68 Well-Known Member

2,640 Messages
    1,906 Likes Received
    Very frustrated with our draft. But do we really know what method the Cowboys use to value players? Granted most of the league seems to be on one page and we seem to be marching to our own music. With all the draft capital we had, there is no way that we could not have gotten Parsons, Baramore, and possibly Moehrig. We could have given up picks 84, 99, 238 to get it done. And possibly a 2nd or 3rd round pick in 2022 to even add Joseph. The only other players that we drafted that I can forsee being able to possibly contribute is Jabrill Cox, and Josh Ball.

10. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Team Carlos Watkins Zone Supporter

23,223 Messages
    25,134 Likes Received
    Washingtons because it was pretty awful

11. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

9,328 Messages
    10,974 Likes Received
    Detroit had the most impressive draft IMO.

Giants did well also. Very well in fact.

12. ghst187

12,006 Messages
    7,201 Likes Received
    I was jealous of their Jamin Davis pick but after that it got weird...

13. Dalmations202

Dalmations202 Well-Known Member

785 Messages
    448 Likes Received
    I liked the Lions, Browns, and Dolphins

stasheroo and ghst187 like this.
  14. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Team Carlos Watkins Zone Supporter

23,223 Messages
    25,134 Likes Received
    Im not jealous lol. Im glad they keep choosing to ignore their offense. Im glad they took a LB over a WR

ghst187 likes this.
  15. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

24,484 Messages
    29,328 Likes Received
  16. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

10,113 Messages
    27,704 Likes Received
    The Browns and Jets

Im jealous

17. bonafidebanter

bonafidebanter Well-Known Member

302 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    I liked what Cleveland and Miami did.

stasheroo likes this.
  18. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

68,065 Messages
    79,804 Likes Received
    Jacksonville’s. And it has nothing to do with even their first two picks. They ultimately drafted several of my pet cats who I think will be great pros. Heck they even signed Alabama LB Dylan Moses as an UDFA!

ghst187 likes this.
  19. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

25,977 Messages
    22,423 Likes Received
    Cowboys

20. ghst187

12,006 Messages
    7,201 Likes Received

Yeah I liked Moses a lot too but we had already stolen Cox in the fourth and took Parsons so we were pretty stocked on LBs

stasheroo likes this.