Who’s draft did you like?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I liked Moses a lot too but we had already stolen Cox in the fourth and took Parsons so we were pretty stocked on LBs

I don’t know that they could be ‘overstocked’ if it means getting talent as an undrafted free agent. It’s my understanding that Moses will start out on the Jaguars’ NFI list as he rehabs his knee. I would have gladly signed and stashed him the same way, especially because I’m of the opinion that there will be some significant departures next year.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Baltimore.

I actually liked the Jets too - the Wilson pick is hard to grade because it was an obvious one, but I like what they did in getting pieces around him too. Drafting Wilson and then taking 4 guys on defense would have been stupid, but getting a starting OL, WR and RB right away is smart.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Moses hurt his knee in 2019 and he's never been the same. Then had another surgery after the season.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Broncos

1) Surtain II CB
2) J. WIlliams RB
3) Quinn Meinerz OG
3) Baron Browning LB
5) Caden Sterns S

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
This one. Because Lawrence is going to suck in the NFL like Tebow. Karma is a beautiful thing for using voicemail. Family sitting there to see Trevor make millions to borrow $.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I did NOT like our draft, at least most of it. Thought we reached badly esp in round 3.
So I decided to look around at the rest of the NFLs draft classes and discovered that I don’t like many of them either. I liked Detroit and Miami’s overall the best. I usually look at player value for pick as my main criteria. Who’s draft class this year did you like?
Lions, Browns, Dolphins - all after us.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Jacksonville’s. And it has nothing to do with even their first two picks. They ultimately drafted several of my pet cats who I think will be great pros. Heck they even signed Alabama LB Dylan Moses as an UDFA!
Kind of hard to **** up a draft when you’re picking at the top of each round.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The Chargers got Slater, who was 100% the perfect player for them, and Asante Samuel Jr. The rest of their draft wasn't too inspiring, but they stole two studs the rest of the NFL passed up over an inch of length.

The Dolphins turned a mountain of draft capital into like four different players I love, so hard to not like that either. I don't know about spending two 1sts on Jaylen Waddle, but a leaked draft board showed that Jacksonville had the same grade on him as Lawrence, so the league may just be way higher on him than I am. Jaelan Phillips is a perfect gamble for a team that had the draft capital to absorb the risk.

And it's impossible to not mention what the Bears did... I'll put money on the table now that Justin Fields has a better career than Zack Wilson.

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
One more... I really liked the Patriots draft too. I don't like Mac Jones as a prospect at all, but I had read that the only way the Patriots offseason spending spree works is if they lock in a cheap QB for the next couple years. So it's either sell the farm for a top 3 pick, settle for Jones, or waste seasons on the Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Jameis Winston borderline-starter carousel hoping one sticks. Jones was all but a roster necessity, and they got their man with no trade up.

Barmore, Perkins and Stevenson all have baller potential within pretty easy reach and were all fantastic picks. I trust that the NFL's equivalent of Darth Vader can keep Barmore motivated.

Last edited:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Miami had the best draft, imo -

The most explosive WR in the draft, Waddle

A big gamble on Phillips, who could be the next Demarcus Ware

Jevon Holland, who was my favorite FS; I think he'll be a real ballhawk safety

Liam Eichenberg, who can probably start at RT immediately if they need him to

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Miami had the best draft, imo -

The most explosive WR in the draft, Waddle

A big gamble on Phillips, who could be the next Demarcus Ware

Jevon Holland, who was my favorite FS; I think he'll be a real ballhawk safety

Liam Eichenberg, who can probably start at RT immediately if they need him to
I think the gamble on Phillips means that it could have the most upside, sure. I like everything they did.

But it's a flop if Tua ends up not being the guy.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The Chargers got Slater, who was 100% the perfect player for them, and Asante Samuel Jr. The rest of their draft wasn't too inspiring, but they stole two studs the rest of the NFL passed up over an inch of length.

The Dolphins turned a mountain of draft capital into like four different players I love, so hard to not like that either. I don't know about spending two 1sts on Jaylen Waddle, but a leaked draft board showed that Jacksonville had the same grade on him as Lawrence, so the league may just be way higher on him than I am. Jaelan Phillips is a perfect gamble for a team that had the draft capital to absorb the risk.

And it's impossible to not mention what the Bears did... I'll put money on the table now that Justin Fields has a better career than Zack Wilson.
I agree that Slater was a home run pick for the Chargers.

I also liked what Miami did as well. Waddle has a chance to be very dangerous and, while a Phillips really makes me nervous from a health perspective, he can be really good at one of the premier positions in the NFL.

I will disagree with you on Wilson though. I think he is going to be really good and get there pretty quickly. I look for him to play well… maybe even as a rookie. That offensive scheme the Jets are using fits Wilson like a glove.

I’ve been wrong before though.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Cowboys

I think this is 2005 again where they got Ware, Spears, Canty, Burnett, and Ratliff. It looks like they will play Parsons more as a mlb then a Ware type and instead of a rush DT in Ratliff they went Bohanna NT.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I actually thought the Eagles had a pretty solid draft after Devonta Smith. Dickerson could be a solid add for years if he can stay healthy. Milton Williams in the 3rd round is right where I would have taken him. Zech McPhereson reminds me of Anthony Brown which in the 4th round is solid. Gainwell has a chance to be a dual threat weapon for them at RB.

I’m actually not a big Devonta Smith guy. I lean skeptical on his future prospects and have a hard time projecting what he is (i.e. a true #1 or complimentary guy)?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I did NOT like our draft, at least most of it. Thought we reached badly esp in round 3.
So I decided to look around at the rest of the NFLs draft classes and discovered that I don’t like many of them either. I liked Detroit and Miami’s overall the best. I usually look at player value for pick as my main criteria. Who’s draft class this year did you like?
Cowboys lol
With rose colored glasses