Who’s the guys out there for OC?

cowboyec

Reaction score
Why Lombardi? His only stint as an O-Coordinator wasn't particularly successful. As for Campbell, would going from "Assistant Head Coach/TE coach" to "OC" be a promotion or demotion? I'm also wondering if he would be next in kine for the New Orleans head coaching gig if Payton stepped down in a year or two as some have speculated he might?
maybe Payton is telling him to take it...especially if he wants to be HC...being OC in Dallas elevates his profile in my opinion.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
maybe Payton is telling him to take it...especially if he wants to be HC...being OC in Dallas elevates his profile in my opinion.

Are you talking about Campbell here? If so, assuming Payton is staying put for a long time, then perhaps being OC in Dallas would be a good move to elevate his profile, but if Payton does not do that, a move might take him out of the running for the Saints job. Ultimately we don't know what the story is on those fronts.

DandyTom64

Reaction score
Of course he is.

EminentNaiveCoati-size_restricted.gif

200.gif
I thought we couldn't post any news items from that Dallas newspaper. That is exciting stuff though.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why Lombardi? His only stint as an O-Coordinator wasn't particularly successful. As for Campbell, would going from "Assistant Head Coach/TE coach" to "OC" be a promotion or demotion? I'm also wondering if he would be next in kine for the New Orleans head coaching gig if Payton stepped down in a year or two as some have speculated he might?
I dunno the why of it all. Im just telling you what I been told. Lombardi is known for helping QB'S...beyond that...I dunno.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Mike norvell
Matt Canada
Scott frost
Chris Peterson
Jason candle

Some college names I threw out last week.
@KingintheNorth .
Any thoughts?

I've met 3 of those names. Norvell is good but boy does he like himself. I doubt he leaves a HC job for a NFL OC job, but he runs the kind of offense that most people are talking about now. Chris Peterson is amazing but he isn't coming unless it's HC and even then, he may not. I was pumping Scott Frost for OC for years but now he's beyond that. Another HC or nothing else and it's going to be hard to get him to leave his alma mater.

Matt Canada may need a job any day now. Jason Candle? ehhhhh, would need to see more.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Sadly, there are three problems IMO-
1. Jason Garrett is one of the most conservative offensive minds in the league. His philosophy is not aligned to the trends of updated, creative offenses in the league now. He’s not an Andy Reid kinda coach who evolves a lot.
2. If Garrett is not extended, and it seems likely at this point he won’t, why would a big name OC want to come in here where the HC does not have a lot of security?
3. There aren’t a lot of great names out there that are available.
You can play conservative and be creative so that is not an issue. See the patriots. It’s all about designed plays and scheming and honestly Brady runs a lot of set plays with only one or two options. That’s over half of his passes and it would do wonders for Dak.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Do you have an example where Dallas has ever lured a coordinator or head coach away from another team in that manner?

I don’t
They've kept guys from leaving with $. Sadly Garrett was one of them. You make it sound like an OC making $2million wouldn't leave for a job paying $4million.

madcow74

Reaction score
I know kirk ferentz has a dream job in iowa but he is heavy on the running back/tight end game and dak is very much a college qb... just an idea

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are we looking for a college guy?

Oh, that's right. We need a gimmick offense cause, ....well, ya know.