Who’s your favorite D Coordinator of all time?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Little bit of a curve ball, but I'm going to say Dan Quinn. I loved the way those Seahawks defenses played several years ago.

Marvin Lewis was a monster too.

RS12

Reaction score
my top 10 DCs of all time:

1) Bill Belichek
2) Buddy Ryan
3) Tom Landry
4) Jimmie Johnson
5) Tony Dungy
6) Bill Parcells
7) Monte Kiffin
8) Diiccck LeBeau
9) Wade Phillips
10) Vic Fangio

Note: Landry invented and revolutionized the 4-3 scheme, but what on earth was his infatuation with continuously using safeties as CBs?

Honorable mentions: Pete Carroll, George Seifert, Mike Zimmer, , Bud Carson

i'll need the old schooler's in here to tell me how good Vine Lombardi, George Allen, Bud Grant and Chuck Noll defenses were back in dah old days ...
Great post and Kiffin was good till he got here. Then not so much.

RS12

Reaction score
Tom Landry was a great DC with the Giants, a great HC here, and one of the most important figures in league history. I cant go against Belichick being the greatest DC I have seen. Only really seen him out coached a few times. Best defenses I have seen mid 70s Steel Curtain, 85 Bears, 86 Giants, 2000 Ravens.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The 46 defense......man....people sure have forgot what a great team that 86 Bears team was. The only reason why people got away from that defense...is because the 49ers exposed they Bears lack of speed @ LBer. The Bears got old...Buddy Ryan left.....but the scheme itself...I still think could work today if you had LBer that could run....I mean really run...like 4.5 or better.

They absolutely crushed teams that season. Miami and Marino were the only ones to have success that season against them.

quickccc

Reaction score
Great post and Kiffin was good till he got here. Then not so much.

i thought Monte Kiffen was like a number of old schoolers coaches, they get so set in their ways,too stubborn
to adapt with the trends and times, or dunno anything else to resort to, ,,and opposing teams can better counter scheme against them.
His ole Rod marinelli was the same way. ... Ditto Dom Capers ..