Who are you watching...?

ghst187

Reaction score
College football-wise...
don't get me wrong, I'm not starting this thread because I'm giving up on our season or anything but this is the time when the college guys either become first round picks or don't, okay this and underwear olympics. I guess I might enjoy being a scout for our 'Boys but I'm always watching for guys that might help us out.
UT is on prime time tomorrow against their daddy's and I'll have my eye on:

Texas FS Huff: Is he a ball-hawk, in-control, settling presence back there? Will he even be tested by OU's worst starting QB in history? FS may be our worst starting position on the entire roster right now.

Nebraska: the other Nichols, the FS version.

Virginia LB: Ahmad Brooks: Is he the next Ray Lewis, both on and off the field? Our LB corps could use inside help.

FL St: LB Ernie Sims: heart and soul of TOUGH defense at bigtime program

Ohio St: LB Hawk, Kicker, forget his name, money in the bank though like Nugent was.

WR's: lots of good ones, Jarrett (USC), Calvin Johnson (Georgia Tech), couple others but they all seem to be underclassmen

OL: what do we need? a T or G? I think we'll have to draft a G because both of ours are old and we'll need one on day one of the draft.

Notre Dame: QB Quinn: if Henson shows nothing in the next year and a half...I'm going to be driving this guy's bandwagon.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
I'm watching everybody (well whoever stands out) at this point. I've seen some "nobodies" play pretty good early this season, can't remember names off the top of my head.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I'm Watching Brady Quinn and Darius Walker(who will be a BEAST in the nfl. He looks to be more talented then Julius, at least on the college level) I'll even go as far as saying, he's better at this point then Julius was as a senior.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Uconn Syracuse - ESPN

Watch that RB Caulley - a small dynamo
DAN ORLOVSKY WILL BE DETROIT STARTER SOON....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
One from each position who has caught my eye this year.

DE, Mathias Kiwanuka, Boston College.

DT, Haloti Ngata, Oregon

OLB, AJ Hawk, Ohio State

ILB, Ahmad Brooks, Virginia

CB, Jimmy Williams, Virginia Tech

S, Darnell Bing, USC

QB, Brady Quinn, Notre Dame

RB, Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma

WR, Todd Watkins, BYU

TE, Mercedes lewis, UCLA

OT, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Virginia

OG, Tyler McMeans, Miami

C, Greg Eslinger, Minnesota

Inny Ceptaverde

Reaction score
USC vs Arizona, although it prolly wont even be worth watching, and I will tivo Texas OU. Bing hasnt done much this year he has only played in one game. He is really good though.

50cent

Reaction score
Hostile said:

DT, Haloti Ngata, Oregon

OLB, AJ Hawk, Ohio State

S, Darnell Bing, USC

WR, Todd Watkins, BYU

TE, Mercedes lewis, UCLA

OG, Tyler McMeans, Miami

Nice list, but add Thomas Howard LB UTEP, Hank Baskett WR New Mexico, and the WR fron Norte Dame whom name I cant spell. Catches everything and makes Quinn look even better.

PS- Will Blackmon DB Boston College.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
50cent said:
Nice list, but add Thomas Howard LB UTEP, Hank Baskett WR New Mexico, and the WR fron Norte Dame whom name I cant spell. Catches everything and makes Quinn look even better.

PS- Will Blackmon DB Boston College.
I just listed one from each position. I do like Blackmon a lot. Carpenter at Ohio State is a monster at OLB too.

50, my Cats are going to get sacrifced to USC this week. I don't know if I can watch.

50cent

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I just listed one from each position. I do like Blackmon a lot. Carpenter at Ohio State is a monster at OLB too.

50, my Cats are going to get scarifced to USC this week. I don't know if I can watch.
The cats had a Rb a couple of years back that was highly regarded in the draft but got suspended from the team. What was the kids name and how does the Bell kid match up with him! Carpenter is huge and will get looks from us with Dat being hurt. Don't sleep on Lawson from NCSt either. The kid has a 40 plus vert and runs on the track team. Oh yeah, he plays DE/OLB for the pack at 250 plus. Would be a nice bookend for Ware. There is a picture on the internet of him touching the top of a basketball goal, but I don't know how to post it. A true freak of nature. Just gets overshadowed by their other DE Williams.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
50cent said:
The cats had a Rb a couple of years back that was highly regarded in the draft but got suspended from the team. What was the kids name and how does the Bell kid match up with him! Carpenter is huge and will get looks from us with Dat being hurt. Don't sleep on Lawson from NCSt either. The kid has a 40 plus vert and runs on the track team. Oh yeah, he plays DE/OLB for the pack at 250 plus. Would be a nice bookend for Ware. There is a picture on the internet of him touching the top of a basketball goal, but I don't know how to post it. A true freak of nature. Just gets overshadowed by their other DE Williams.
You're talking about Clarence Farmer. Wasted a lot of talent.

I like him better than Bell, but I prefer the bulldozer style of RB. Bell is quick, but he always seems to get dinged up.

50cent

Reaction score
Yeah thats him, Farmer! Hos, I can actually remember seeing McAllister play for the first time at the U of A and saying he was an all-pro waiting to happen. I wished to death the Boys would grab him. Keep an eye on Frostee Rucker of USC for me. I want to see what he has, cause I won't get to see the game.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
catch a Tennessee game, and look out for FS Jason Allen, I'm pretty sure that's his name, he probably would have been the 1st safety chosen if he declared for the past draft, well, he will be this year, he's a demon

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Kellen Clemens, Terrence Whitehead, Demetrius Williams, and our new stud RB Jonathan Stewart. Huge game tomorrow against ASU, for anyone who cares bout the Pac 10

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
sorry, Jason Allen moved to CB this year, but he played S last year, in which he was great

ghst187

Reaction score
Hostile said:
DT, Haloti Ngata, Oregon
OLB, AJ Hawk, Ohio State
S, Darnell Bing, USC
WR, Todd Watkins, BYU
TE, Mercedes lewis, UCLA
OG, Tyler McMeans, Miami
Great List Hos. Kiwi is awesome! The only reason I haven't watched him more closely is that I don't foresee us going after yet another DE. Ngata could potentially be our fireplug in the middle but I worry about drafting him highly because he had a major knee injury I believe. CB Jimmy Williams is a stud. Ferguson is good but unless Pettiti starts really stinking it up...don't think we'll take a OT. I think McMeans is a good candidate for us and maybe a C too if we keep getting shoddy play there.
Be nice to find a young BIG possession WR to start grooming or a serious speed guy but we've already a logjam at WR and 2007 should be a WR heavy draft but not 2006.
I expect Peterson to be Ricky Williams (the unstoppable, pre-retirement version) right out of the gate in the NFL. This kid is amazing.
We're going to need inside help at LB, Brooks will probably go top 10 but he may be an off-field concern also.
I think we could justify drafting a kicker too.
I'm kinda hoping we use some of 2006 picks to load up with picks for 2007 because that draft should be gold. And I really want the potential to go after Quinn if Henson doesn't turn the corner. There will also be some WRs there that we'll need to consider...Jarrett, Johnson, etc....

50cent

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
Great List Hos. Kiwi is awesome! The only reason I haven't watched him more closely is that I don't foresee us going after yet another DE. Ngata could potentially be our fireplug in the middle but I worry about drafting him highly because he had a major knee injury I believe. CB Jimmy Williams is a stud. Ferguson is good but unless Pettiti starts really stinking it up...don't think we'll take a OT. I think McMeans is a good candidate for us and maybe a C too if we keep getting shoddy play there.
Be nice to find a young BIG possession WR to start grooming or a serious speed guy but we've already a logjam at WR and 2007 should be a WR heavy draft but not 2006.
I expect Peterson to be Ricky Williams (the unstoppable, pre-retirement version) right out of the gate in the NFL. This kid is amazing.
We're going to need inside help at LB, Brooks will probably go top 10 but he may be an off-field concern also.
I think we could justify drafting a kicker too.
I'm kinda hoping we use some of 2006 picks to load up with picks for 2007 because that draft should be gold. And I really want the potential to go after Quinn if Henson doesn't turn the corner. There will also be some WRs there that we'll need to consider...Jarrett, Johnson, etc....
Who said anything about replacing Pettiti with Ferguson? If you haven't noticed there is another OT that has lived up to that big *** bonus he received. Younger, better pedigree and a possible need position.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Draft - WR this year is weak

Its all Big Beef Dline and LB early -

We can't screw up FS yet again - draft or FA

50cent

Reaction score
Nors said:
Draft - WR this year is weak

Its all Big Beef Dline and LB early -

We can't screw up FS yet again - draft or FA
I think we will most likely get a Thomas Everett type FS in FA. I can't see our entire secondary getting top dollar. It takes from another position on the team, LIKE LB OR OL! Draft a DL, OL, LB, WR or QB and I will be happy. It really hard to figure what angle we will go after in this draft:
1. Do we draft a OLB after just getting Ware? Or a LB period without giving these young guys a chance to prove themselves( JAmes, Burnett, Shanle, etc)
2. Do we draft a FS after giving up big money to Henry and having to re-up Roy?
3. Do we go OL after drafting Johnson, Gurode, Pettiti and signing Riveria in a couple of years? Do we dare force LA out of the door and admit signing FLo to big contract was a mistake.
4. Do we finally draft a first round Qb and go away from the BP bus driver theory not to mention the way Bledsoe is playing.
5. Will there be a good enough Wr in the draft where we will be picking?
6. Dare we draft another DL after the draft we had last season with Spears, Canty, Ratliff and the emergence of Johnson, not to mention the Fergy signing.

The most logicial thing to me would be draft a QB with the way Bledsoe is playing and allow the kid to sit a year and learn from Drew. The Henson signing is beginning to look like a Hutchooooooooooo, bless me!