Who are you watching...?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think we draft another OLB high, just due to the fact that the staff is really high on Burnett, and we have Ware, we'll probably sign a veteran to add depth

I know we're going to draft a FS at some point, maybe in the 2nd round

young Olineman usually take a couple years to get it together, so we may take advantage of a huge OT class, and draft Flozell's replacement, and groom him behind Flo

if we passed on Aaron Rodgers twice in the 1st round, I think QB is still off the radar, the staff still feels that they can develop Henson, and we'll have to wait till after TC of next year, to see if the Cowboys still have that faith

do not draft WR in the 1st, PLEASE!!

don't see a Dlineman in the 1st at all

I say the most logical pick, points to an OT being taken in the 1st round, alot of special players will be available there, and franchise-type OTs, which there will be many in the draft this year, are a premium position, but it's WAY too early to start looking at who teams may target

blindzebra

Reaction score
The 2nd inside LB spot is our weakness, and unless we move Burnett inside OLB is probably not an option in the first round.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
after Leinart, Ferguson will be gone by pick #2 IMO

so yeah, that puts him in Green Bay lol

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
Great List Hos. Kiwi is awesome! The only reason I haven't watched him more closely is that I don't foresee us going after yet another DE. Ngata could potentially be our fireplug in the middle but I worry about drafting him highly because he had a major knee injury I believe. CB Jimmy Williams is a stud. Ferguson is good but unless Pettiti starts really stinking it up...don't think we'll take a OT. I think McMeans is a good candidate for us and maybe a C too if we keep getting shoddy play there.
Be nice to find a young BIG possession WR to start grooming or a serious speed guy but we've already a logjam at WR and 2007 should be a WR heavy draft but not 2006.
I expect Peterson to be Ricky Williams (the unstoppable, pre-retirement version) right out of the gate in the NFL. This kid is amazing.
We're going to need inside help at LB, Brooks will probably go top 10 but he may be an off-field concern also.
I think we could justify drafting a kicker too.
I'm kinda hoping we use some of 2006 picks to load up with picks for 2007 because that draft should be gold. And I really want the potential to go after Quinn if Henson doesn't turn the corner. There will also be some WRs there that we'll need to consider...Jarrett, Johnson, etc....
I'd still draft Kiwi and bookend him with Canty and move Spears inside.

Aren't you glad I'm not a GM?

50cent

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I don't think we draft another OLB high, just due to the fact that the staff is really high on Burnett, and we have Ware, we'll probably sign a veteran to add depth

I know we're going to draft a FS at some point, maybe in the 2nd round

young Olineman usually take a couple years to get it together, so we may take advantage of a huge OT class, and draft Flozell's replacement, and groom him behind Flo

if we passed on Aaron Rodgers twice in the 1st round, I think QB is still off the radar, the staff still feels that they can develop Henson, and we'll have to wait till after TC of next year, to see if the Cowboys still have that faith

do not draft WR in the 1st, PLEASE!!

don't see a Dlineman in the 1st at all

I say the most logical pick, points to an OT being taken in the 1st round, alot of special players will be available there, and franchise-type OTs, which there will be many in the draft this year, are a premium position, but it's WAY too early to start looking at who teams may target
I like the way you think. Mt dream scenario would have to be Brooks in the first or Thomas Howard, moving Burnett to inside.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Brooks would be awesome, but if the Oline keeps up it's current play, and since most of the attention this offseason was spent on beefing up the D, I think Parcells is going to target offense in the 1st round, and will be eyeing OT or OG there, most likely OT IMO

50cent

Reaction score
Its not a glamour pick, but I wouldn't be mad at all with a future stdu OL. I just dream of a defense with a Ray Lewis type LB with a never die attitude to go with Ware and Roy. Burnett has it IMO, but the injuries keep setting him back. No disrespect to Dat, but a LB core of Ware, Burnett, and Brook would tickle my fancy. You can throw me in at the other OLB and we would still be feared. Heck, Singleton is playing like me anyway!

zagnut

Reaction score
Just an fyi., Brooks hasn't played this season and has a degenerative condition in his knee. Not good for a 20 year old. He may not play all season.

Virginia Still Waiting For Brooks's Return
By Mark Schlabach, Washington Post Staff Writer

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Aug. 5 -- The University of Virginia football team opened preseason camp Friday without star linebacker Ahmad Brooks on the field, and Cavaliers Coach Al Groh isn't sure when his all-American and potential NFL first-round draft choice will be ready to practice.

Brooks, from Hylton High School in Woodbridge, is still recovering from December surgery to correct a degenerative condition in his right knee. Doctors corrected the junior's injury through surgery that is designed to stimulate bone growth in his knee.

Allen, the Tennessee FS/CB was carried off in a stretcher Saturday. Not sure what the ultimate diagnosis was.

I've been watching:

Gabe Watson (NT) and LaMarr Woodley (3-4 OLB/DE) at Michigan,

Kamerion Wimbley (3-4 OLB/DE) and Greg Carr (true freshman WR) at Florida St.,

Calvin Johnson (Soph. WR - best in the country) at Ga Tech.
Vernon Davis (TE/WR/HBack) at Maryland,

Everyone at Miami (esp. Devin Hester) and USC (esp. Reggie Bush).
Manny Lawson (OLB) at NC St. ,

Darryl Tapp (DE/3-4 OLB) and Jimmy Williams (FS/CB) at VA Tech.,

AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter, Anthony Schlegel, and Mike D'Andrea (LBs) at Ohio St.,

Greg Blue (SS), Quentin Moses (3-4 OLB/DE) and Leonard Pope (TE) at UGA.,

Everyone at Tennessee - esp. Parys Harrelson (3-4 OLB/DE), Jesses Mahelona (DT), Jason Allen (FS/CB), Robert Meacham (WR) and Jayson Swain (WR),

and Tamba Hali (DE/3-4 OLB) and Michael Robinson (QB now, but 6-2/225 WR in NFL)