Who can Dallas trade a 1 pick for to save this season?

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Jerry needs to step back.. can you imagine trying to be a HC while consistently micromanaged? Who would want this gig long term?

We really have no idea what Garrett’s capabilities are fully due to the reason above. Maybe he’s not the best but being micromanaged for over a decade is no good at all.

Teams don’t win super bowls without good defenses. I don’t think jerry really cares too much about defense.

I dunno I think I have a pretty good idea of Garett's capabilities .

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Without our two tackles, Cooper, Cobb, nothing is turning around. But at least getting rid of Garrett would set us up for the future.

I'd guess that Tyron will be back next week. Will be interesting to see if they stick with Knight or if they move Fleming over there. I think Austin can replace Cobb short term. Obviously the loss of Cooper for any length of time is going to be tough. I really think more run, more RPO and more quick passing should be the plan.

Shane612

Reaction score
Can the cowboys trade the whole team for Crimson Tide football?

:clap::grin:

Spurdog

Reaction score
Jerry needs to step back.. can you imagine trying to be a HC while consistently micromanaged? Who would want this gig long term?

We really have no idea what Garrett’s capabilities are fully due to the reason above. Maybe he’s not the best but being micromanaged for over a decade is no good at all.

Teams don’t win super bowls without good defenses. I don’t think jerry really cares too much about defense.

I can tell you that when I walk into any sporting good store I see Dak, Zeke jerseys. I don't see any defensive guys jerseys on the rack. That's why he doesn't care about D.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
How about putting Zeke on the trade block and see if someone is stupid enough to give up a first?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Doubt it. Who on this staff do you think they would play for? I mean, the most likely person to take over might be Marinelli. Or Richard. How is that defense playing right now?

On the offensive side, maybe Kitna? Nussmeier has some experience. It isn't like this team is loaded with coaching candidates.

Which also tells you something. Garrett has been a HC this long and has no coaching tree. I mean, that's alarming.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Bellichick.

IN all seriousness Josh McDaniels should be a candidate here when the season is over.

Personally I would do it the old school way and hire a defensive coordinator and then let him pick his staff but Josh McDaniels has had a lot of success with banged up teams and average players. Having said this I know new england is all about belichick but have to imagine McDaniels is on a short list of a lot of teams.

I think McDaniels will be a candidate in Atlanta also which is probably a better job for him given the GM there and the Circus that is run here.

Tim93gt

Reaction score
Why save the season? Just let Garrett lose the team and end this debacle... don’t prolong it.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Which also tells you something. Garrett has been a HC this long and has no coaching tree. I mean, that's alarming.

It really is. He has had to fire most of his assistants.

That 2014 Staff was really good. Scott Linehan, Mike Pope, Bill Callahan etc. but none were younger up and coming coaches and callahan basically begged out because of Garrett.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
It really is. He has had to fire most of his assistants.

That 2014 Staff was really good. Scott Linehan, Mike Pope, Bill Callahan etc. but none were younger up and coming coaches and callahan basically begged out because of Garrett.

He wasn't even responsible for Callahan either. That would be his one claim to a tree, but Callahan was already a well-known product at that point and Garrett ran him out.