Twitter: Who Cowboys are targeting at 10 per Tony Pauline

Adiba1977

Reaction score
I take Sewell/chase/pitts/waddle all before either those cb. Might even take Slater ahead them too. If pitts gets to 7/8 I’m trading up get him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I take Sewell/chase/pitts/waddle all before either those cb. Might even take Slater ahead them too. If pitts gets to 7/8 I’m trading up get him.

Not sure about Waddle or Slater before the corners, but the rest are in a higher tier IMO. Not trading up for anyone, though. We need our early picks to fix this defense.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not sure about Waddle or Slater before the corners, but the rest are in a higher tier IMO. Not trading up for anyone, though. We need our early picks to fix this defense.

Exactly. Yeah, let's trade away our two thirds or our 2nd to go chase a TE in the Top 10 leaving us will few other premium picks to potentially help the defense.

If Sewell falls to 10, I think you have to take him. If the choice is between a guy like Waddle or Smith at WR or Surtain, you take Surtain.

That being said if Surtain is off the board, it gets dicey. I think there is way more risk with Horn at 10.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I have no issue with this, by all means add a really good CB. I'm glad this is where their thinking is, if true.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
At #10 you pick the most impactful player available

Dakota's injury and contract say we better protect- No Dak isn't fun

I still think an all world LB & space eating DT combination would be more impactful

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Let's steal the Eagles coveted receiver 2 years in a row lol.
I saw on NFL Network yesterday part of a press conference where the Philly owner, Lurie, basically said they’ve been sucking at the draft for a while now and that they need to do a better job in the draft. He said lots of mistakes were made, and I wondered if not giving up a 2nd to move up for Lamb last year was one of the one’s he was talking about, lol.

Taking Reagor over Jefferson was probably one too.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Why not Slater or Parsons? Even a DE...why a cb? I guess they want to pair someone with Diggs. It just seems like a bad move but I guess they want to play pass defense. I would have thought they want to stop the run and get a pass Rush. So are they depending on Greggory now?

JBS

Reaction score
Why not Slater or Parsons? Even a DE...why a cb? I guess they want to pair someone with Diggs. It just seems like a bad move but I guess they want to play pass defense. I would have thought they want to stop the run and get a pass Rush. So are they depending on Greggory now?

Bang your head on the wall a little harder and you might realize the cb value lines up w the 10th spot...or maybe you won't

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Yea CBs can get paid 10M a year so I see the value. I hope they pick a good one it’s just the CBs have not been good on the team for so long and it seams like they drafted good ones.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Exactly. Yeah, let's trade away our two thirds or our 2nd to go chase a TE in the Top 10 leaving us will few other premium picks to potentially help the defense.

If Sewell falls to 10, I think you have to take him. If the choice is between a guy like Waddle or Smith at WR or Surtain, you take Surtain.

That being said if Surtain is off the board, it gets dicey. I think there is way more risk with Horn at 10.

I'd have trouble passing on Smith, but I'd also have trouble drafting a wide receiver in the first round for the second straight year. If both he and Surtain are there at 10, I'll be glad for once that I'm not having to make that decision.