Twitter: Who Cowboys are targeting at 10 per Tony Pauline

Aven8

Reaction score
Tyron was picked at 9 so Sewell is not out of the question at 10. And On Williams, McClay falls in love with these super athletic defensive players. I’ve noticed a trend that the Southern Scout for us has a lot of pull. We’ve taken a lot of players from around the area for the past couple of years. OU players, LA Tech, they obviously like the Houston DE, etc etx

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I hear from the Cowboys (based on the public knowledge that they've talked to him several times) that they really like Payton Turner DE Houston. They think 10 would be too high for him but if he falls to 44 he could be the pick.
I thinking more like 75, he is rated by most in the early 60's.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Dane has pretty much said the same thing since draft show begin. Sewell is the number 1 player on their board. I think there would be an argument about who to take if Sewell/Surtain/Horne are all there at 10. Sewell at left guard would make our line great again. I think he would help our offense more then Pitts would have.

Pauline has been spot on with the Cowboys over the years. He said they loved Tyron early on in the draft process. He also said he thought thought the Cowboys would pick Jalen Ramsey over Zeke in 2016. So nobody’s perfect.
Pauline was also the one who tied Lve to the Cowboys in rd 1, before any insider for several weeks. He has legitimate sources in the NFL circles.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Exactly. Yeah, let's trade away our two thirds or our 2nd to go chase a TE in the Top 10 leaving us will few other premium picks to potentially help the defense.

If Sewell falls to 10, I think you have to take him. If the choice is between a guy like Waddle or Smith at WR or Surtain, you take Surtain.

That being said if Surtain is off the board, it gets dicey. I think there is way more risk with Horn at 10.
They will take Horn at 10, without reservation.

J-man

Reaction score
I saw on NFL Network yesterday part of a press conference where the Philly owner, Lurie, basically said they’ve been sucking at the draft for a while now and that they need to do a better job in the draft. He said lots of mistakes were made, and I wondered if not giving up a 2nd to move up for Lamb last year was one of the one’s he was talking about, lol.

Taking Reagor over Jefferson was probably one too.

That was just stupid by them, which I love. :)

morasp

Reaction score
I thinking more like 75, he is rated by most in the early 60's.
Depends on whose big board you follow (whichever one you like I'm fine with that) but NFL moved him up this week to the 39-44 range and upgraded him to a starter grade now. Ossai actually got pushed down to 54.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Depends on whose big board you follow (whichever one you like I'm fine with that) but NFL moved him up this week to the 39-44 range and upgraded him to a starter grade now. Ossai actually got pushed down to 54.
I believe Dane has him at 59.

morasp

Reaction score
I believe Dane has him at 59.
I fine with that It's about where NFL had him last week. If the Cowboys picked him at 44 I would be fine with that too if he's still there, Edge guys usually get drafted high. Based on his mock draft Dane has some pretty big differences with the NFL.com rankings this year. Some other big moves were Molden to 65, Rousseau to 49, and Bobby Brown to 84. The rankings are probably a little more difficult this year due to circumstances.

Last edited:

RS12

Reaction score
Neither Pitts nor Sewell will be Cowboys without a trade up. Rumors are Cincy will take Pitts at 5. If that happens Chargers will move up for Sewell.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I like the Sewell pick but in any scenario I’m
Not moving up. In fact I’m hearing Pitts at 4 for Atl or Miami trade up. Let it be. Sit and let it play out and if you get a good offer to move down, do it. I’m usually wanting to take a BPA but there is so much value lower I’d be willing to go there and still get a CB/LB/Olineman etc. I like Surtain too but, again, I see the top 10 being a little chaotic. This is a draft where you take all your time on the clock and see how it flows.

John813

Reaction score
Taking one of the cbs round 1 is a mistake since it seems there will be 2-3 good ones at 44.

I know the draft is a crapshoot, but that advice would look bad in 2017 when guys like Humphrey, Lattimore and White were taken in the first while Awuzie, Sidney Jones, and Quincy Wilson were the round 2 guys in a "loaded" corner draft.

J-man

Reaction score
I don't think either one will get passed 6. Pitts at 4, maybe Atl, or some one else trades up for him.
And Sewell at 5 to Cincy, although they'd love to get their QB's boy Chase for WR so Sewell could fall to 6.
But if so Miami won't pass on him at 6. OT is one of their biggest needs.

Gaede

Reaction score
Man 44 is going to be a turd pick isn’t it lol

Lol I like both Turner and Williams. But yeah, it's totally gonna be a 'lets get the guy we want at 75 a whole round earlier because we don't want to lose them, even though there are better players available at 44' type pick

Sydla

Reaction score
This is my biggest fear. His tape isn't great and they are putting too much weight into his athletic traits.

Williams seems to be a riser with a few teams. Still, I get nervous when the Cowboys fall in love with these "traits" guys. Hill was a traits guy. We've been linked to Wilson in this draft, another traits guy. How about just pick a guy who has traits but also actually performed in college at DT? I know, that sounds crazy.