Who Did We Even Want?

817Gill

Reaction score
During the first hours of FA and days before, fans were/still are going crazy in the forum about signing premier FA’s this offseason. I’m genuinely curious as to who y’all wanted so bad?

Other than ET, who has considerable risk of his own, what guys did you see as can’t-miss FA’s?

Ndamukong Suh the mercenary who wants a 1 year deal and boatload of money just to not really care?

Or maybe we wanted to one-up the skins and pay a SS over 80M$?

I’ve been looking through the transactions and just like most years, there are very few day 1 big money FA’s that are worth it. What NFL team lets a perfectly healthy All-Pro/Pro-Bowler go for nothing? How many top flight FA’s do you see worth big money every year? Maybe one?

We could argue the merits of high price FA every offseason, but I want to focus specifically on this year. Did y’all really see more than 1 or 2 guys tops who were worth a big payday?

I understand adding a top flight FA to an already good team is what we are looking for, but financially, did anyone even remotely make sense?

After ET, was there really anyone on the market this year that could warrant the fan reaction we’ve seen this offseason?

If we get Quin, McDowell, and Cobb; the FO will be able to shut up fans this offseason. Can’t believe people really posted threads to every random guy signed like they were all slam dunk signings lol

lostar2009

Reaction score
I wanted ET or one of the FA safeties. Everyone is was meh in my book. But the Cowboys might be able to pull off something great this year.

817Gill

Reaction score
I wanted ET or one of the FA safeties. Everyone is was meh in my book. But the Cowboys might be able to pull off something great this year.
Agreed, I feel like whatever they miss on in FA they’ll target in the draft. Good news is there is about 3-4 Safeties who should be in the second to third round range and even more D lineman. Draft plays perfectly into our needs.

Jipper

Reaction score
This is the problem with many fans...:they know they want someone but they don’t know who; they just want to sign someone they know so that they feel we are winning the offseason.

It’s typical and to be expected....things will settle and people will be very happy with the roster by September

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Adrian Amos, Preston Smith, Demetrius Harris, and Ty Nsekhe were by far my faves, along with Danny Shelton who has yet to sign.

Would have signed Amos and Harris to the deals they were offered, not Smith or Nsekhe.

visionary

Reaction score
During the first hours of FA and days before, fans were/still are going crazy in the forum about signing premier FA’s this offseason. I’m genuinely curious as to who y’all wanted so bad?

Other than ET, who has considerable risk of his own, what guys did you see as can’t-miss FA’s?

Ndamukong Suh the mercenary who wants a 1 year deal and boatload of money just to not really care?

I’ve been looking through the transactions and just like most years, there are very few day 1 big money FA’s that are worth it. What NFL team lets a perfectly healthy All-Pro/Pro-Bowler go for nothing? How many top flight FA’s do you see worth big money every year? Maybe one?

We could argue the merits of high price FA every offseason, but I want to focus specifically on this year. Did y’all really see more than 1 or 2 guys tops who were worth a big payday?

I understand adding a top flight FA to an already good team is what we are looking for, but financially, did anyone even remotely make sense?

After ET, was there really anyone on the market this year that could warrant the fan reaction we’ve seen this offseason?

If we get Quin, McDowell, and Cobb; the FO will be able to shut up fans this offseason. Can’t believe people really posted threads to every random guy signed like they were all slam dunk signings lol

We have so much talent that any FA would be a downgrade anyway

waldoputty

Reaction score

one proven pressure dl not coming off acl or achilles - whether dt or de - does not matter
did not want et - too injury prone

conner01

Reaction score
I wanted ET but not at that price
I wanted M Jackson and would have paid the price
That said if Quinn gets done and lives up to his potential I think we’ve had a good free agency with some to come
We need a really good draft to really top off the off season
Cobb when healthy is a nice weapon
I liked Covington and the lions DE we added

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The one guy I wanted was Landon Collins....but I wouldn't have paid that much for him. Not like the Commanders did. That was insanity.:rolleyes:

Patrick

Reaction score
Malik Jackson, can't believe he didn't get a better contract than that.

Amos is another I would have taken, and Jared Cook but not after signing Witten.

All-in-all I don't think we missed out on much, I would have loved ET but it is what it is, get Quinn and move onto the draft and get a young safety at 58 (Abram, Thornhill, Gardner-Johnson)

bsbellomy

Reaction score
This is the problem with many fans...:they know they want someone but they don’t know who; they just want to sign someone they know so that they feel we are winning the offseason.

It’s typical and to be expected....things will settle and people will be very happy with the roster by September

Actually every reply up until your post said exactly who they wanted

Mr_437

Reaction score
I made a list of cheap players I would've liked, and since one doesn't know who the FO likes I really focus on positions.

They filled some holes, yet didn't sign any starters other than Cobb...Quinn would be one. Honestly, I just cared about getting a starter quality S and DT, which, hasn't and may not happen.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The one guy I wanted was Landon Collins....but I wouldn't have paid that much for him. Not like the Commanders did. That was insanity.:rolleyes:
First, I agree on all counts. I really liked Collins but that kind of money for a SS? Just nuts.

Secondly, nice to see you put the worm back in Floatyworm. Makes me all nostalgic.

Actually, kind of reminds me of the Campo years... so maybe not. :laugh: