Who Did We Even Want?

Gremell12

Reaction score
This is the problem with many fans...:they know they want someone but they don’t know who; they just want to sign someone they know so that they feel we are winning the offseason.

It’s typical and to be expected....things will settle and people will be very happy with the roster by September
Happy by september is cool and all, but staying happy in january is what we really want!

ccb04

Reaction score
Some of the players I liked.....

- DT Darius Philon (signed a 2-year $10 million deal with the Cardinals...think he could wind up being one of the best value signings)

- S Tashaun Gipson (signed with the Texans for 3-years/$22.5 million...less than $12 million in guarantees with a potential out after 2-years)

- DT Malcom Brown (signed a 3-year $15 million deal with the Saints)

- S Adrian Phillips (re-signed with the Chargers for 1-year at $2 million...worst case here is a versatile rotational piece, draft flexibility & all-pro ST's play...best case is a younger/versatile starter at great value)

I don't think the Cowboys have done too bad with Fleming at swing OT, Cobb & Austin at WR, signing DT Covington, bringing back Ladoceur, etc...then the possibility of a trade for DE Quinn. But adding a couple of the above players would have been solid IMO.

Eanwen

Reaction score
So I wanted someone, but didn't know who.

IMO it's not my job to know who'd be best to sign.

What I do know is this team needs to have a better pass rush, needs to generate more turnovers, needs the qb to be sacked less, needs to be better in the redzone if they expect to go deep in the playoffs. . I don't know who we need to get in free agency (or the draft for that matter). It's up to the FO to make these things happen, not me.

waldoputty

Reaction score
99% of this board wanted ET, so how exactly are you getting out of that that "the fans want somebody but dont know who"?
absolutely did not want the injury-prone et.
wanted 1 proven pressure dl who is not coming off acl or achilles

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And, If I were Jerry or Stephen, and really wanted to patch up our DTs, I'd also get Jernigan as well as Peko and Shelton. I think Jernigan might be fairly low cost as well. If he is low cost, then that would give us 3 excellent FA DTs as well as Covington and the DTs we've got now. We'd immediately go from DT being a potential problem to a potential strength. Then we get D'Andre Walker (OLB Georgia) at 58 to really boost our already powerful LB group and one of the safeties I keep on about, and that defence of ours becomes, imo, the best in the league.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Jared Cook. Great pass catching TE. Took over games for the Raiders. He’s going to light it up with Brees.

Don’t tell me we have Mr. Slow, Witten already.

I really like Eric Berry also. I think he can still play. He covered Gronk really tight vs NE in the playoffs. He’s a game changer if healthy. Worth the risk if we don’t over pay. 7-8 Milion a year.

Big D

Reaction score
I wanted S the honey badger and DT sheldon richardson. so much for that