Who do we keep, cut and sign

waldoputty

Reaction score
The Cowboys must stay the course. Draft..draft and draft some more. Sign a strategic FA where needed and where possible..but the draft is the true and only road to the SB !!

You cannot count on even a #1 DE pick to be a difference maker.
You have a better chance if he is a high #1, but that is not likely to be the case here.
Prescott is cheap only for 2-3 more years.
Zeke is a RB that can go downhill in a few years.
We need to treat the window precious and not waste it waiting for draft picks to develop.

beacamdim

Reaction score
Why not play with your Giants buddies? Is the future of a team with an aging and declining quarterback too awful to contemplate?

Dude, I know you guys spit the bit yesterday but no need to be so hostile. My analysis is eminently reasonable, comes from a good place (i've already disclosed my immediate Cowboy connections in my own house), and is all but certain to be validated by what the Jones' actually do this offseason. Just wait, you'll see by their actions that the pros running the Cowboys agree with my perspective (and it's by no means just mine -- there are plenty of intelligent, knowledgable, foresighted Cowboys fans here who think precisely the same way).

As for your snide and gratuitous comment, I will note that all QB's age and all decline -- but most don't ride off to the sunset with multiple championships (including a delicious takedown of a paper-tiger 13-3 division rival-number one seed) and multiple SB MVPs.

I believe Eli has at least one more run in him once the O-line is fixed. But even if he doesn't, the Giants have had as many rings in the last ten years as Dallas has had playoff WINS over the last TWENTY-ONE (and counting). Only Brady (Eli's little *****) and Big Ben also have multiple championships over that time. I'm not complaining.

Last edited:

beacamdim

Reaction score
Enjoy your years of mediocrity with your aging QB as he is signed until 2020.
Stepping on the Giants is like stepping on some insect.
You will soon wish he goes the way of Theisman

Man, you just can't be civil.

If anyone knows decades-long mediocrity (past and present) when he sees it, it would be a Cowboys fan. So I will take your word for it.

And I guess there was no insect-stepping this year, right?

Last edited:

haleyrules

Reaction score
You cannot count on even a #1 DE pick to be a difference maker.
You have a better chance if he is a high #1, but that is not likely to be the case here.
Prescott is cheap only for 2-3 more years.
Zeke is a RB that can go downhill in a few years.
We need to treat the window precious and not waste it waiting for draft picks to develop.
OK. I must point out these player you have just mentioned are all....Draft Choices. The road to the SB is paved with draft choices. Jerry tried the sizzle playing FA route for yrs and destroyed the Clubs future for nearly 20 yrs.

waldoputty

Reaction score
OK. I must point out these player you have just mentioned are all....Draft Choices. The road to the SB is paved with draft choices. Jerry tried the sizzle playing FA route for yrs and destroyed the Clubs future for nearly 20 yrs.

These are all draft choices, and took the time to build the foundation.
Need to leverage that foundation now before Zeke, Prescott are young )and cheap (Prescott anyway and the OL is dominant.