Who do we re-sign?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think there should be one big fat thread for this.

Anyways.

It hurts to say it, but I ragged on McClain, but he deserves at least an offer. Reasonable, of course. Given his injury history.

Both WRs can go. Butler especially. Williams can go see what deal he gets and then come back to see if it works. If not, goodbye.

Dunbar? Get out. McFadden? Same thing.

The secondary is the hard part. I honestly think PFF and a lot of people overrated them. Pick your one cornerback and then decide about if you want to bother to reward Wilcox for a few hard hit tempo setters. I think Church is an automatic, not that I necessarily agree, but he is just like a lifer.

It looks like a long list, but it really only boils down to a couple of players. The rest can be told to go seek out deals and then see what happens.

We have to be very very careful not to overrate performance based on a 13-3 record.

If they play defense, go shopping, have fun, let us know.

I think this is a great assessment.

McClain is actually one of the higher priorities for me as well, at a reasonable cost of course.

I think Kellen Moore comes back for cheap and I'm OK with that. Hopefully with Prescott's youth and health he won't be needed anyway.

Time to stop wasting time with Dunbar with no returns or another injury. But I think they actually bring McFadden back.

Both receivers can go, Williams will cost too much and Butler played himself off of the team, not on it.

Leary's gone, so I bring Cooper back for sure if I can.

And I offer a reasonable deal to Carr to return for one more year while I develop his eventual replacement. He's probably got a year left so why leave Dallas? And I'd actually bring Claiborne back on a small one year deal, say $3 million. If a sucker wants to pay him more based on his injury history? Have at it!

As for the rest of them, good luck!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I let Church walk. A soon-to-be age 29 OK box Safety. That's the type of signing you regret in 1-2 years. Wilcox would be my priority. He's younger and appears to be an ascending player.

Mo/Carr...pick one. I'd probably take Mo mainly because I can get him on another 1-2 year cheap deal. Knowing his injury history, CB would still be a priority in the draft.

Williams will garner a nice contract from some WR needy team. I like the player but can't pay big $ for a position that at best gets you 600-700 yards as a #3-#4 target. They probably bring Butler back out of necessity.

Whether it's T. McClain or a better player in FA, either would be my #1 priority in FA. The DL can't afford to take a net loss heading to the draft.

I don't think we do anything at RB until after the draft.