Who do you consider the Face of the Cowboys??

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was trolling the DMN Blog and they have a discussion going about who's the Face of a Franchise. Just to paraphrase, they were kinda talking about with the salary cap era, you may no longer have one because the franchise may end up letting them go.

For the cowboys they named Emmitt and Roy. The media has annointed Julius, Witten, and Roy. So my question to you guys, who do you consider the face of the franchise? Or do you think we'll really have one with BP running things?

It's probably been discussed ad nauseum, but I may have missed it. Anyway my choice right now for the Cowboys is BP.

jsond

Reaction score
I agree that it is BP.

JJ? one more yr like the 2nd half of last yr and he is easily the face of the franchise but not at this point.

Roy? Had he followed up on his awesome rookie yr with another great seaaon than he is the easy choice. Slippped a bit and was exposed in coverage. Not making excuses as he is in good position for a comeback yr w/ the additions around him.

Witten? Since he is the TE just dont see him as the face of the franchise. Nothing against his talent as I am not worried about him one bit..just that he doesn't play a position that is synomous w/ the face of a franchise.

Larry Allen or Laroi would be my darkhorses but I think its Parcells at this pt.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
I was trolling the DMN Blog and they have a discussion going about who's the Face of a Franchise. Just to paraphrase, they were kinda talking about with the salary cap era, you may no longer have one because the franchise may end up letting them go.

For the cowboys they named Emmitt and Roy. The media has annointed Julius, Witten, and Roy. So my question to you guys, who do you consider the face of the franchise? Or do you think we'll really have one with BP running things?

It's probably been discussed ad nauseum, but I may have missed it. Anyway my choice right now for the Cowboys is BP.

I agree with you on this. BP is easily the face of the franchise right now nationally.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
this year BP

Next year if JJ does well and lasts all year JJ

Runner up-Roy/Witten

TheHustler

Reaction score
Yeah, it has to be BP at the moment. Next year though, it could be Roy, Julius or Witten.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
viman96 said:
With out a doubt, BP.
I was thinking more of a player but yeah I'd have to agree on BP.

Or Jerry but you never know what face he's going to use :laugh1:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The face of the Dallas Cowboys?

cowboys_cheerleaders.JPG

The #1 reason why God is a Cowboys fan :D

k19

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The face of the Dallas Cowboys?

cowboys_cheerleaders.JPG

The #1 reason why God is a Cowboys fan :D

and we have a Winnahhhhhhh

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Last year it was Roy all by his lonesome. Now that Witten has stepped up and Julius as well at the end of the year I'd have to agree with the media (shudder) on this one. Those are the three guys that I think of first on today's team.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
viman96 said:
With out a doubt, BP.
BP will NEVER be the face of the Cowboys in my book. He will always represent the Giants in my mind and he is just on loan to us.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think there's any question, it's Parcells. I think it will continue to be so until such time as we get a QB who can be great or BP steps down, whichever comes first. Not really surprising IMO. BP has been the face of vertually every team he's ever coached and that is interesting considering some of the talent he has been associated with.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You could make a claim for Jerry Jones. However, that might be stretching it.

Seriously though, gotta go with Tom and the hat.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
noshame said:
You could make a claim for Jerry Jones. However, that might be stretching it.
Stretching the concept or the skin on the face? :laugh2:

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Tom Landry, 2nd is a tie, Jerry Jones and Tex Shrahm, then Roger Staubach as a player, 2nd Emmitt Smith.

Currently on the team Coach is Parcels and Player is....is.....is....MARCUS SPEARS!!!!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

Good choice. It's definitely Bill Parcells. No one in the national media discusses the Cowboys without bringing up the Tuna. In past dynasties, names like Aikman, Smith, Staubach, and Manster were mentioned with equal reverance as Landry and Jimmy Johnson, but Roy is about as close as you're going to get to a player eclipsing a coach with the magnitude of Bill Parcells. It's a Parcells show until further notice. And I also believe JuJo has a better chance that Roy of being the new face of the Cowboys, especially with Emmitt still fresh in so many football fans' memories.

For all-time, it's probably Landry.