CZ POLL Who do you think will win the Cowboys-vs-Commanders game and by how much?

Who do you think will win the Cowboys-vs-Commanders game and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Motorola

Reaction score
I became a fan on January 1, 1967. That’s the day that the Cowboys played the Packers in the first NFL championship game, THE YEAR BEFORE THE ICE BOWL and when Meredith threw that fourth down interception in the end zone. My dad had placed a bet on the Cowboys with a guy at work. I was just walking through the living room and heard the name Dallas mentioned on the TV ,and being in love with all things Texan sat on the floor to watch the rest of the game. Even though the good guys lost, I immediately fell in love with the team and pestered my parents for the next 7 to 8 months asking about when the next Cowboys game was going to be on. I can always date the anniversary of my fandom from that game. It’s also the anniversary of a deep, abiding hatred for the Packers that I carry to this day.
I’m sorry but I did not watch the game on a Motorola. We had a big old Curtis Mathes TV that was great. We didn’t get a COLOR TV until the year Dallas won the Super Bowl so all those early games were watched in black-and-white.

Sure would be nice to make it back to a league (now conference) championship again.

oh, and I didn’t know the logo was named Cowboy Joe until a few years back when Hostile mentioned it in one of his posts
Hagman - that is why I chose my CZ member name to be 'Motorola' --- it was a B&W TV brand model that I first viewed Cowboys games (and all other sports aired way back then).
And in reference to that NFL Championship game on New Year's Day 1967 - it was the season before the Ice Bowl - but it was the same calendar year --- 1967 --- our Cowboys lost two titles
January 1st, 1967
December 31st, 1967

Last edited:

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Hagman - that is why I chose my CZ member name to be 'Motorola' --- it was a B&W TV brand model that I first viewed Cowboys games (and all other sports way aired way back then).
And in reference to that NFL Championship game on New Year's Day 1967 - it was the season before the Ice Bowl - but it was the same calendar year --- 1967 --- our Cowboys lost two titles
January 1st, 1967
December 31st, 1967
Yes. I should’ve said season instead of year to be more precise. Oh my gosh, and then those were followed by two years of the great Cleveland, disasters, and Jim O’Brien kicking that last minute field goal in Super Bowl V. So nobody can accuse us of becoming Cowboy fans to be front runners. Still, those were some great teams with some great players. ha ha and speaking of televisions. We got our first color TV right before Super Bowl VI. That one may have been a Motorola but honestly, I can’t remember the brand of that one.

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
Yes. I should’ve said season instead of year to be more precise. Oh my gosh, and then those were followed by two years of the great Cleveland, disasters, and Jim O’Brien kicking that last minute field goal in Super Bowl V. So nobody can accuse us of becoming Cowboy fans to be front runners. Still, those were some great teams with some great players. ha ha and speaking of televisions. We got our first color TV right before Super Bowl VI. That one may have been a Motorola but honestly, I can’t remember the brand of that one.
My family's first color TV was one of those large console models -- tube and electonics encased in a wooden cabinet as long as an aircraft carrier LOL -- I can't recall the manufacturer (Zenith is the only one that comes to mind...but I'm not sure it was the one). I truly can't say which early 1970s year it was (gotta call up my siblings to see if they know!).
'68, '69, '70 seasons --every one of those three seasons I was for sure Dallas was going to win the NFL Title.
Great going down Cowboys Memory Lane with you.
Hopefully next month we celebrate the sixth Super Bowl Title!!!!!!
Wishing you and yours a great 2023 year.

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am travelling to the game from the UK Sunday and wondering if there is anywhere fans are meeting pre-game?

Thanks in advance
tenor.gif

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Why in the world is Wash v Dal the last game of the sched, instead Dal v Philly?

If u were a schedule maker, wouldn't you anticipate that Dal v Phil might be very relevant even at last game of the year?

Wouldn't you think Wash's season already might be over this late in year (granted, it lasted longer than I assumed it would).

I'm just surprised they did it this way. Maybe because Philly's biggest rival is NewYork? I mean, that's true, but why would they have thought Philly v NY would mean anything on Game 17?

Xeven

Reaction score
Pork Skins 47
Cowboys 32

staying with calling it backward cause superstitious!

Motorola

Reaction score
Why in the world is Wash v Dal the last game of the sched, instead Dal v Philly?

If u were a schedule maker, wouldn't you anticipate that Dal v Phil might be very relevant even at last game of the year?

Wouldn't you think Wash's season already might be over this late in year (granted, it lasted longer than I assumed it would).

I'm just surprised they did it this way. Maybe because Philly's biggest rival is NewYork? I mean, that's true, but why would they have thought Philly v NY would mean anything on Game 17?
League schedulers have been somewhat consistent in having division rivals play each other the first 2-3 weeks and the last 2-3 weeks of the every season since the 2000 decade.
Just like NFL pundits, media, and fans - predicting what teams will be in the playoff hunt as the season winds down is a guess.
My thinking: every season, all divisions will have a team or two (or three) vying for either HFA/division title/wilcard postseason berths.
If a division rival is not in that mix = having a medicore\ losing season - what better way to wash away a little of the bitterness-disappointment - than prevent the successful team from achieving a higher goal by defeating them in the final game..perhaps knocking them out of the upcoming playoffs altogether?

Have not looked at the other three teams' season finales; but for the last decade, Dallas have been scheduled to play either Philadelphia or Washington pretty much for the last game, with New York sprinkled in:
NYG - 2x___2018, 2020
PHL - 4x___2013, 2016, 2017, 2021
WSH - 4x___2014, 2015, 2019, 2022

And to wrap it up --if HC Ron Rivera would have not replaed Taylor Heinicke with Carson Wentz to be the starting QB last Sunday against the Browns - the Commanders would have won that game.
WSH would be 8-7-1....in the last NFC playoff spot ahead of 8-8 SEA/DET/GB.
Commanders would be playing for the win over Dallas - and with a victory - made NFL history with all four teams in a division making the playoffs for the first time ever.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
Finale regular season ending game

Cowboys 27

Washington 17

:oldcouple:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We expose the Commodes more than they have been exposed thus far this season and collapse all their hope.
The toilet is getting flushed on Snyders head.
Like those horrible memories from highschooler days when Snyder had his head pushed in the toilet and flushed multiple times until his cheeks turned blue.
I wish he could remain the owner of that toilet bowl franchise.

catiii

Reaction score
Commodes 40
Cowpies 29
INdividual mistakes (3 turnovers by Dak) stuff it and the Commodes capitalise. :muttley:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.