Who do you want starting at RT: Collins or Steele

Who do you want starting at RT

• Total voters

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Thanks for the poll. Steele has been one of my favorite players since he got thrown into action last year. It is fun watching a player succeed who does all the right things. I knew he was going to be good from day 1.

I like watching the Steeles, Odig, Coxes, Braylon Joneses, Coyles, Braden Smiths get a chance and succeed.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This scares me.

Don't get me wrong, I can't complain about how bad Steele has played in 2021, but I still have a hard time believing this is the "Real Steele" after seeing him play last year.
Rookie UDFA, he was always going to struggle last year. In reality he should been a PS player, or bottom of the depth chart guy. The fact that he (and Knight) started at all last year was a real failure by the FO. He's done a good job taking that experience and using it to work in his body and technique to have an NFL career

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Collins is the better player so I would choose him but that suspension was rather fishy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Collins if I had to pick 1 but like Jerry said on the radio this AM.. Maybe both will be out there.

Is Steele at Right tackle and Collins at guard an upgrade to the team?

That’s the question everyone including our coaches need to be asking.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Rookie UDFA, he was always going to struggle last year. In reality he should been a PS player, or bottom of the depth chart guy. The fact that he (and Knight) started at all last year was a real failure by the FO. He's done a good job taking that experience and using it to work in his body and technique to have an NFL career
Can't disagree.

I'll just let the coaches coach on this one. If they feel like Steele is good enough to let Collins go, great. If not? I'm fine with that too.

But if you are asking me, I wouldn't be so quick to let Collins go. But I'm also a fan that only sees what the public sees (which is rarely enough to make a sound decision).
:grin:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I may be outvoted but I stand tall knowing that Parcells would assuredly agree with me. I am guessing Belichick would agree and have Steele starting. So would Landry.

You Collins’ fanboys go enjoy your snake coaches who care nothing about right and wrong :)

Titleist

Reaction score
Collins if I had to pick 1 but like Jerry said on the radio this AM.. Maybe both will be out there.

I think it comes down to whether you want to prioritize OLine continuity or to put the 5 best players on the field. I personally prefer the latter, but there are a number of folks who would disagree with me. Luckily that's up to the coaching staff to decide

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I voted for Steele.

He’s 4 years younger, doesn’t have a history of serious injuries, puts in hard work to improve his play, and can be trusted.

Plus we are 5-0 with him as our starting right tackle.

Praxit

Reaction score
...if Collins makes the O go more, Im all for it. Steele has done heck of job though.

terra

Reaction score
Due to restructure, Collins has a contract that will keep him herein Dallas at least thru the 2022 season so sadly he will take back his RT spot not because of anything but his contract. Steele's contract ends after the 2022 season so he may just (through his agent) approach Dallas either this season or after this season and say "I've proven I am a capable starter at RT in the league so either play me or trade me."
He will be back at RT because he is a pro bowl caliber player and Steele is just a decent player

terra

Reaction score
I may be outvoted but I stand tall knowing that Parcells would assuredly agree with me. I am guessing Belichick would agree and have Steele starting. So would Landry.

You Collins’ fanboys go enjoy your snake coaches who care nothing about right and wrong :)
You holier than thou types can go suck it as Collins starts

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Can someone please vote for Steele

I did......I want my 5 best OLinemen on the field. Collins replaces CW at LG. I'm guessing we can probably sign Steel to a modest long-term deal. In other words, no way in hell I'm losing a cheap young RT via free agency worthy of starting.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Steele will turn 25 next June whereas Collins turns 29 next July. While 29 is not in any way 'old' for an NFL o-lineman, Collins missed all of 2020 with some type of hip injury after reporting to camp badly out of shape and this season got suspended 5 games due to missing drug tests and trying to bribe a lab collector.

Collins may have shown himself to be a better RT than Steele previously, the most recent 'sampling' shows that Steele appears more healthy and hungry so Dallas may have to examine biting the bullet so to speak and moving on from Collins in a switch to a younger RT.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing this regardless.........as mentioned above, no way I'm losing a cheap young RT who's proven himself worthy of starting. Just me, but Collins is the new starting LG, CW is benched ( he's a free agent after the season)

waving monkey

Reaction score
this shouldn't be a question. We are getting mad at a knucklehead who is far superior player to Steele. Its not close.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I picked Collins. I love the job Steele has done, but without watching as closely as others I have no idea how much help the Cowboys gave him. I do know they started in double tight end sets the first three games Steele started before opening with 3 wideouts the past two.

Collins is one of the best tackles in the game when healthy. We are applauding Steele for doing a good job, but is he a Pro Bowl caliber player based on what we saw? I don't know.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Yes! .........you're fixing an issue at LG AND adding a little more stability since Steele is signed through 2022