Who do you want starting at RT: Collins or Steele

Who do you want starting at RT

• Total voters

cowboyec

Reaction score
Well playing inferior players isnt exactly how to win, especially when you are going to have to start beating much better teams then we have been playing the last 4 weeks. You arent winning many playoff games with a RT that needs TE help blocking top tier rushers
at least he stays available.
i don't trust collins.
earn it.

Soth

Reaction score
I would start Collins but if he does not play well I would bench him in a second. I would at least give him the chance to win his job back by starting him after the bye. If he does worse than Steele then you just bench him. It is not a bad problem to have. At least now if Tyron Smith is injured we have to tackles than can play at a decent level.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You must have despised Michael Irvin.

No, he was one of my favorites. I had no idea Irvin was doing anything until he got arrested or whatever in the hotel room. Information wasn’t so abundant back then. Internet was just picking up as Irvin was ending.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
at least he stays available.
i don't trust collins.
earn it.
Dude is a replacement level starter, and you dont want to put an All Pro caliber OT in because "you dont trust him" Easy solution: if Collins does something stupid, put Steele back in.

Switching Steele for Collins completely changes tje complexion of the offense. We dont need to keep help on the right side against quality rushers, and that opens up alot in the passing. If you want to sacrifice that for a good story guy, I dont think you are looking out for the best interest of the team

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
No, he was one of my favorites. I had no idea Irvin was doing anything until he got arrested or whatever in the hotel room. Information wasn’t so abundant back then. Internet was just picking up as Irvin was ending.
Interesting. I remember reading it ("Do you know who I am?") in the papers and seeing it on cable news about as it happened.
The scissor thing to the neck came out a bit later, but he was still on team.
Maybe you got your info by morse code back then.

I think you ignored his history the whole time.

Maybe you'd cut him on this team now, if the sitch was happening with this team.

Verdict

Reaction score
Collins but only to preserve his trade value. I would seriously look to unload him for a first or second round pick. A desperate team will give that for him. The state of OL play in the NFL is overall, horrendous.

Corso

Reaction score
@ninja
Did you know a bout the "White House" during the glory years?

It wasn't exactly a secret.

Cut all those dudes! No Super Bowls!
This team needs angels!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Interesting. I remember reading it ("Do you know who I am?") in the papers and seeing it on cable news about as it happened.
The scissor thing to the neck came out a bit later, but he was still on team.
Maybe you got your info by morse code back then.

I think you ignored his history the whole time.

Maybe you'd cut him on this team now, if the sitch was happening with this team.

Well, we would have to assume another WR stepped up and was playing equally as well for an apples to apples comparison.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@ninja
Did you know a bout the "White House" during the glory years?

It wasn't exactly a secret.

Cut all those dudes! No Super Bowls!
This team needs angels!

I didn’t know about all that stuff going on until much later. I was in college and studying and working. Maybe that is why.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Collins has played only 1 of the last 22 games.

That’s a major concern.

Our offense has been incredible the last 5 weeks and Steele has been part of that.

But I’ll trust the coaches to make the best decision for the team.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I love Steele and I love his story but LC is a pro-bowl caliber RT and Steele is not. If we just graded run blocking then Steele is playing as well as any tackle in the league. However, It’s hard to not think that LC would be just as good in run blocking, or comparable enough anyway, while being a major upgrade in pass blocking. The staff knows best though and whatever they decide will have my full confidence.

Corso

Reaction score
I didn’t know about all that stuff going on until much later. I was in college and studying and working. Maybe that is why.
But you'd have cut all of of them, yes?

cowboyec

Reaction score
Dude is a replacement level starter, and you dont want to put an All Pro caliber OT in because "you dont trust him" Easy solution: if Collins does something stupid, put Steele back in.

Switching Steele for Collins completely changes tje complexion of the offense. We dont need to keep help on the right side against quality rushers, and that opens up alot in the passing. If you want to sacrifice that for a good story guy, I dont think you are looking out for the best interest of the team
earn it back.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
But you'd have cut all of of them, yes?

I wouldn’t say that. You make an example out of one and hope the others will learn.

Anyway, I’m not going back and cutting anyone. And other players weren’t playing as well.

Steele is playing well. As good as the guy who got suspended. You are losing sight of that and trying to go back in time with some reach for me not being consistent. It’s not working. Give it up.

Corso

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say that. You make an example out of one and hope the others will learn.

Anyway, I’m not going back and cutting anyone. And other players weren’t playing as well.

Steele is playing well. As good as the guy who got suspended. You are losing sight of that and trying to go back in time with some reach for me not being consistent. It’s not working. Give it up.
I'm just going by your behavior towards players. That's all.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Collins is the better player (maybe it is just IMO), so you go with the better player.

It just sucks he is such a bonehead off the field. But that is a different poll.
:grin:

its not just in your opinion. he is by far the better player.

such questions (OP) arise only out of an antipathy. not from a clear common sense.