Who do you want to play in the divisionals?

noletime95

Reaction score
Here is my order of preference out of the possible matchups:

1) Minnesota-would have said this before the Skins took them to the shed. Even moreso now. That said, I don't think its going to happen.

2) Saints- I know what they did to us last year, but that defense is terrible. Of course these two are both mute points if Washington can beat our backups next week.

3) NYG- They pulled out a good win today, but w/out Shockey I think Eli would struggle vs Dallas with a healthy Newman and Henry. We already know the offense can handle the Giants D.

4) TB- This is a good solid team with an experienced QB. They will be dangerous if they get to the divisionals.

5) Skins- I don't like the idea of playing a team on a 5 game winning streak, our arch rival, yada, yada, yada. Also, this is a different team with S. Moss healthy and playing well.

I have a strong inclination that if Dallas gets past the divisionals, it will go to the SB regardless of the oppenent in the NFCCG. Its getting that first one out of the way that has me worried. If what I expect to happen occurs (Washington gets the 6 seed), I'll pull for Seatle and the Giants in the wild card round.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
I'd like the Bucs.

Their offense isn't overly strong, but their defense is.

Giants, no thanks, 3 times in one year is rough.

Skins, no thanks, see above.

Saints, won't make it there.

Seahawks? Interesting, all they do is sling it.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Minnesota or Tampa Bay, no question

Neither has anything even remotely resembling an effective NFL offense

jdnoyes

Reaction score
Bryan8284;1854274 said:
I'd like the Bucs.

Their offense isn't overly strong, but their defense is.

Giants, no thanks, 3 times in one year is rough.

Skins, no thanks, see above.

Saints, won't make it there.

Seahawks? Interesting, all they do is sling it.

Due to seeding we cannot play the Seahawks in the Divisional. It will be one of the 5 teams listed above.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Definatly the Commanders. They are looking good with Todd Collins. This whole situation reminds me of what happened to the Mavericks last season. They had a chance to knock the Warriors out of the playoffs in the last game of the regular season but they rested their starters and had to play them in the playoffs, then they lost. Id take our chances, play our starters to win. Two weeks is long enough to rest, we don't need three, lets knock the Skins out right now.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Call me a homer, I don't care but I have confidence in this team so I don't care who the opponent is, I say bring it. :D

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don't care who we play. The really important thing about home field advantage in the playoffs is that when you're the #1 seed, you play the worst team still alive every week. If we can't beat the worst team in the playoffs, then we might as well get an early start on the offseason.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
The gints.

I can't stand that team, and I couldn't cope all summer if they came in and beat us in the Playoffs.:bang2:

noletime95

Reaction score
Dangerous Dave;1854409 said:
I can't believe you guys are scared of the deadskins.
Bring em on.

Its not about being scared......I'd pick Dallas over any of the above....its about which matchup is most concerning for various reasons...

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind watching the Giants get their ***** handed to them once more at Texas Stadium... But I do hope they're one and out in the Wild Card. Just because they suck.

jgboys1

Reaction score
sandtrapp;1854393 said:
The gints.

I can't stand that team, and I couldn't cope all summer if they came in and beat us in the Playoffs.:bang2:
I am with you on that brother. I would like to see the gnats get knocked off on wild card weekend.:giants:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1854315 said:
Call me a homer, I don't care but I have confidence in this team so I don't care who the opponent is, I say bring it. :D
:hammer: I'm with you. Champions don't care who they play, bring it on. If we play the best the NFC has to offer, it will prepare us for who ever the AFC throws at us.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
as it stands now:

#3 @Seattle vs #5 Giants
#4 @TB vs #6Wash/Minn

we get the lowest seed winner, which will likely be TB, unless Giants upset Seattle.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CowboyChris;1854630 said:
as it stands now:

#3 @Seattle vs #5 Giants
#4 @TB vs #6Wash/Minn

we get the lowest seed winner, which will likely be TB, unless Giants upset Seattle.
It should be, as of right now,
#6 Washington at #3 Seattle

#5 Giants at #4 Tampa Bay (This game is locked in)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I dont care.

The Fact that we have a bye and can have this discussion is enough for me. :D

Line em up... we will take them out.

We are two games from the SB. (no...not counting the Commanders game)