Who has a Lance 5 jersey? Read post 48

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s one thing for a QB to go bust on a bad team void of talent but it’s another thing for a QB to go bust on a SB caliber team that has great talent. Some of you who have high expectations for Trey Lance are likely going to end up very disappointed.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It is funny you say that, although I know it is a swipe at Prescott lol, but I never got a permanent tattoo in my entire life. I'm 59. The only tattoos I ever had were those temporary sticky label transfer kind that wash off. :muttley:
I'm 60 and have no tats either. Back in our day only the fringe had tats. Now we are the fringe!

It honestly wasn't a swipe at Dak specifically. If I meant to do that I would have worked the word anesthesia in.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So why wear another man's name? To pretend you are him? You can say something is dumb all you want but educate me why it is awesome to dress up as another guy to show you are a fan....
So in your head ...grown men wear a jersey on the back to pretend to be the player? Ridiculous.

Youvw made a cheap lazy conclusion to justify irrational opinion.

What about if a female does it?

Its just team spirit. Its that simple. Psychoanalysis not applicable.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm 60 and have no tats either. Back in our day only the fringe had tats. Now we are the fringe!

It honestly wasn't a swipe at Dak specifically. If I meant to do that I would have worked the word anesthesia in.
Oh my. Hammer time.

I also got no ink. We are weird dudes fer sure.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I'll never buy any Cowboys merchandise again until they make an NFCCG at least. And if that means never, then so be it. I wear a lot of hats during sports etc and switched over to baseball teams now since my last Cowboys cap became too dirty to wear. LA Dodgers, Oakland As... Maybe I'll get me a Texas Rangers hat.

Jerry ain't getting my money anytime soon. As fans the only feedback we can give (and they care about) is keeping our wallets in our pockets.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
So why wear another man's name? To pretend you are him? You can say something is dumb all you want but educate me why it is awesome to dress up as another guy to show you are a fan
Wearing a sports jersey with the name of a person on the team is done around the world by MILLIONS of people, but somehow it's weird to you. Ok.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
This post was not about who is wearing a jersey. I wanted to know how many ppl who want Lance to replace Dak have bought or thought about buying his jersey.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll never buy any Cowboys merchandise again until they make an NFCCG at least. And if that means never, then so be it. I wear a lot of hats during sports etc and switched over to baseball teams now since my last Cowboys cap became too dirty to wear. LA Dodgers, Oakland As... Maybe I'll get me a Texas Rangers hat.

Jerry ain't getting my money anytime soon. As fans the only feedback we can give (and they care about) is keeping our wallets in our pockets.
Dead serious question. In your opinion, how effective has that feedback been over the past 25-to-28 years?

stiletto

Reaction score
Yeah I just don’t view it that way but I never did. As a kid I wore jerseys but had no idea what I was wearing…didn’t know the players I was more a NbA fan…idolized Shaq and Penny…..

It’s just supporting your team. When I see someone with a 88 I don’t think oh they are idolizing Irvin or Dez…you wouldn’t know. I’m not looking at someone’s backside to see what name is on the jersey…they are just repping the Cowboys….
I'm ok with that, just don't understand the need to run out and buy "whoever's" jersey. Makes more sense a blank 12, 88 agree with that.

stiletto

Reaction score
So in your head ...grown men wear a jersey on the back to pretend to be the player? Ridiculous.

Youvw made a cheap lazy conclusion to justify irrational opinion.

What about if a female does it?

Its just team spirit. Its that simple. Psychoanalysis not applicable.
I don't think my opinion is cheap and lazy. Was raised to respect my own family name and not disrespect it, lessen, or degrade it. To me wearing another person's name on my back is disrespectful to my family, my father and others who served,, etc. I just am not gonna do it . To each their own though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This post was not about who is wearing a jersey. I wanted to know how many ppl who want Lance to replace Dak have bought or thought about buying his jersey.
I edited the thread title directing members to read your clarifier. Not sure how much input you will get back. In my opinion, most of the few members posting most actively for Lance over Prescott simply want their stance recognized. I believe it is far more about that than showing their support of Lance in other ways, like buying his jersey, etc.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think my opinion is cheap and lazy. Was raised to respect my own family name and not disrespect it, lessen, or degrade it. To me wearing another person's name on my back is disrespectful to my family, my father and others who served,, etc. I just am not gonna do it . To each their own though.
Thats fine. Freedom is a great thing.
Im only saying your assessment people do it to pretend to be someone else is wrong.

CWR

Reaction score
You pansies and your jerseys.

If you don't have at the very least a full sleeve of Cowboys tats, then get back on the porch.
Lol I've got several other tats and have been planning on a Cowboys star forever. I'd either go inside bicep area or forearm.

The only reason it hasn't already happened is they inevitably piss me off and I'm like hell no I'm not putting that trash team on my body.

If I could go more than a couple seasons without being infuriated with them I'll make it happen. As it is now I'm still refusing to even wear a Cowboys t shirt.

stiletto

Reaction score
Thats fine. Freedom is a great thing.
Im only saying your assessment people do it to pretend to be someone else is wrong.
I was just placating but doing it badly. I think people do it generally because they think it is cool and they think they support the team but I often wonder if they really think about it and how dumb they look (to me and believe it or not many others) jumping around with another guys name on their back like a kid

John813

Reaction score
I just used sharpies to convert my Aikman jersey to a Lance one. No one can tell the difference.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I edited the thread title directing members to read your clarifier. Not sure how much input you will get back. In my opinion, most of the few members posting most actively for Lance over Prescott simply want their stance recognized. I believe it is far more about that than showing their support of Lance in other ways, like buying his jersey, etc.
Fair enough

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Dead serious question. In your opinion, how effective has that feedback been over the past 25-to-28 years?
Not at all. But not because it's ineffective per se. But rather because there are still enough people who will buy the stuff.

But as I said, I can only make a decision for myself, and that's it. I'm not telling others what to do. Bought Cowboys gear for the whole family at times and even those who weren't into football wore the hats, bandanas, jerseys etc.. So as far as I am concerned not buying their crap anymore is the only thing I can do so I do it.