Who here believes Jerry wants to keep Jason?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer9m
"@cmd34: @JayGlazer Garrett???">>barring something drastic he stays

I can see something drastic, as a matter of fact I expect something drastic to happen that Garrett will snatch the defeat from the jaws of victory. Its who Garrett is, he does it all the time. Remember he is the smartest man in the room, he will easily outsmart everyone including himself.

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
I can see something drastic, as a matter of fact I expect something drastic to happen that Garrett will snatch the defeat from the jaws of victory. Its who Garrett is, he does it all the time. Remember he is the smartest man in the room, he will easily outsmart everyone including himself.

This is good.

Yeah..that smile of his..

its like he knows something we all don't..

..what could that be?

That he's got the freaking job for life?

No matter what?

reddyuta

Reaction score
who know,Jerry has done dumber things and this wont even hit the top ten list.

Tawney88

Reaction score
It really doesn't matter if Garrett stays or goes. Unless their is a change in management we will have the same issue is a year or two. The biggest issue isn't the coach it's the owner/GM. He doesn't have a clue how to build a winning team.

Anyone defending Garrett is clearly off the rocker, in his tenure he has yet to prove he earned his position and is worthy of holding on to his job. Much like his boss.

MikeT22

Reaction score
And yet, there's a lot of support for Jason Garrett from a lot of rational public people.

I realize you just like to post when you think you can bait Hos, but it's pretty disingenuous to pretend the only reason JG has a job is because of Jerry's ego. Jason has an awful lot going for him.

It's possible Garrett could succeed if he was an actual HC. But Jerry is pulling the strings hiring the def. coordinator, dictating who does the playcalling and heaven only knows what other decisions JJ is making that should be the HC's job.

But even the decisions Garrett does have control over, like game management and when he does call the plays, both have left alot to be desired.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did I crack open a fortune cookie?

laughing-smiley-004.gif

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
He is trolling us. From my reading these boards, Hostile is a successful person in real life and should know better. Anyone with the most basic leadership experience or skill knows better.

Through my commissioning process for the Army there is one quote which stays with me - "The Army demands results." Bottom line, results matter, success matters. Failure or mediocrity means you messed up. Sometimes it is out of your hands, but if you have control of events and fail to perform it's on you. It's not easy being in a leadership position, I have empathy for Garrett in this regard, however, Garrett's poor decisions cost games. Sugar coat it, rationalize it, distort it any which way, but the record of mediocrity under his leadership bears this out.

As far as the players having faith in him, liking him, who cares. I would rather they respect and produce results for Garrett. I never asked the men I lead if they liked me, or if they thought I was swell, or had faith in me, and none of my commanders ever asked it of me. They displayed through through their performance. Anyone can say nice things, it is what they actually do which defines.

Good post.

Wonder why the military isn't content with succeeding on 50% of their missions and trying hard... That's what matters, apparently.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think we can all agree that Garrett is not here based on results......................Jerry says he didnt spend 3 years training Garrett like he is a pet monkey for another team to reap the benefits of Garrett learning on the job by blowing games here.

Jerry actually said the "miscues and questionable sideline management" the team lived through with Garrett would be wasted if Garrett went to another team................................wow, he flat out admitted Garrett is incompetent.

visionary

Reaction score
He is trolling us. From my reading these boards, Hostile is a successful person in real life and should know better. Anyone with the most basic leadership experience or skill knows better.

Through my commissioning process for the Army there is one quote which stays with me - "The Army demands results." Bottom line, results matter, success matters. Failure or mediocrity means you messed up. Sometimes it is out of your hands, but if you have control of events and fail to perform it's on you. It's not easy being in a leadership position, I have empathy for Garrett in this regard, however, Garrett's poor decisions cost games. Sugar coat it, rationalize it, distort it any which way, but the record of mediocrity under his leadership bears this out.

As far as the players having faith in him, liking him, who cares. I would rather they respect and produce results for Garrett. I never asked the men I lead if they liked me, or if they thought I was swell, or had faith in me, and none of my commanders ever asked it of me. They displayed through through their performance. Anyone can say nice things, it is what they actually do which defines.

this is the bottom line in leadership

in fact, most great leader are not "liked" while they are in their position, they are respected

the "like" comes in hindsight when people realize what they were able to accomplish because of the leadership