Who is blowing the coverage on the FB?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Eddie;1237834 said:
Guys, none of you play video games enough do you???

When playing a M2M defense, the screen passes to the RB's kill you. That's what's been happening to us. Heck, you can learn that by playing NFL Gameday on the PS1.

To take away that little screen nonsense, you move to a Zone D ... which causes other problems.

So pick your poison.

So, unless you want Ware covering RB's all day ... we're going to have to live with this for a long time. Nothing is perfect ...
actually when i get killed by the screen its when i play zone and do a good job when of stopping it when playing man :laugh2:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
t-rock;1238234 said:
It's Bradie James. On that TD to the FB, Roy took Crumpler, DeMarcus is after Vick so Bradie has the FB.

Depends on the play call if it was zone or whatever the case may be. Given the relative positions of the players it would be easier for Ware to cover teh guy farther on the perimeter and James to come from the inside to get after the passer.

dwmyers

Reaction score
The left flat was open all day. Whoever is responsible for that doesn't handle it at all.

If Michael V was at all consistent, he could have thrown that one as often as we tossed balls TOs way. Lord knows NO used it as an offensive weapon nonstop.

David.

t-rock

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1238255 said:
Depends on the play call if it was zone or whatever the case may be. Given the relative positions of the players it would be easier for Ware to cover teh guy farther on the perimeter and James to come from the inside to get after the passer.

If you look at how the players react at the snap then you get a good read on what play was called on O and D.

On that play DeMarcus was coming forward towards the QB while the FB was headed past him going the opposite way. He would have to stop, turn and try to catch the FB.
Roy had to take Crumpler.
Bradie James is moving in a direction that if he sees the FB headed to the flat, he simply has to take off and cover him once he reads Vick. He has the best chance of covering the FB out there due to the direction he happens to be running in at the snap.

texastwister

Reaction score
I think its James man but it doesnt matter. They better fix it because Philly has a rb named Westbrook which if fat Andy is smart will run that play until we stop it.

Watching the game tonight I learned two things Ware can cover Ware can rush the QB but if Ware doesnt rush the QB we get no pressure.

Also for the love of God Zimmer disquise your defense. Ware gets into his crouch position to rush the QB and they run a back out and we dont cover. Maybe stand Ware up in the 3-4 and make it look like he might cover someone.

By the way I am not a Zimmer supporter.

Reaction score
wayne_motley;1238049 said:
exactly...the ILB's always key on the FB...he takes them to the play...if he goes for a pass, I'm sure it's Brady James or Akin Ayodel.

The OLB's would be responsible for the RB/TB ... this would only change in specialty defense.

Good explanation, Wayne!:) :)

landryscorner

Reaction score
well it was ware who gave up that big TD in the saints game on RB for not checking him for coverage

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
..at this time means the FB doesn't stay in to block now with the opposition.

Teams have seen this and this to me is why the FB is now being used in the opposing passing offense because we are having to concern ourselves all the time with helping both Roy Williams and Davis/ Watkins at the safties with our LBers.

And when the other team has a dominant TE like the Saints and Atlanta do..you just have to pick your poison..cover the TE and let somebody go freer with the belief that they can't hurt you as bad as a TE running free.

That often is going leave somebody open.

Bingo the FB.

This will be fixed.

Guarranteed.

We may scream about some other coverage problem popping up as a result, but the FB will get attention the rest of the season.

For sure.

parcellswaterboy

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
parcellswaterboy;1239344 said:
..at this time means the FB doesn't stay in to block now with the opposition.

Teams have seen this and this to me is why the FB is now being used in the opposing passing offense because we are having to concern ourselves all the time with helping both Roy Williams and Davis/ Watkins at the safties with our LBers.

And when the other team has a dominant TE like the Saints and Atlanta do..you just have to pick your poison..cover the TE and let somebody go freer with the belief that they can't hurt you as bad as a TE running free.

That often is going leave somebody open.

Bingo the FB.

This will be fixed.

Guarranteed.

We may scream about some other coverage problem popping up as a result, but the FB will get attention the rest of the season.

For sure.

parcellswaterboy

I hope to God it is...

4 TD passes to Full-backs over two games has grown from being simply bizarre to utterly grotesque.

Wood

Reaction score
he mentioned that it was the same player who blew the same coverage two weeks in a row against the full-back. He looked disguisted in that player. Place your bets to who it is.

Dallas31

Reaction score
it looked like Roy blew the 2nd TD to the fullback by biting on Vick's pump fake to Crumpler...

burmafrd

Reaction score
But would Roy have primary responsibility for a RB coming out of the backfield?

Wood

Reaction score
Parcells said FB ran the same exact pattern that NO FB ran and that Dallas practiced it all week but "that" player blew the coverage exactly the same way as the week before. He just shook his head in disguise.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
It seems as tho in both of our last two games the friggin FB killed us.

Will someone write to Zimmer and tell him .

It's really embarrassing that a FB beats you.:banghead:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sandtrapp;1239976 said:

There is another thread started about this if you search beyond page 1.

The consensus so far is that it is a "Brady" problem.

Eddie

Reaction score
sandtrapp;1239976 said:

It's called Man to Man coverage.

RB out in the flat is always open in that scheme.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1239980 said:
There is another thread started about this if you search beyond page 1.

The consensus so far is that it is a "Brady" problem.

sorry I guess I missed it.

How can I delete this post then.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Part of it is the scheme and the Saints and Falcons making smart playcalls to put the Cowboys at a disadvantage. I don't see it as Ware's problem at all, unless he's not supposed to rush the QB for some odd reason that I don't know about.

From charting the Saints game, most of it is the ILB's responsibility and in particular Bradie James. I saw Ayodele get beat on a pass to Karney in the flats. He should've rolled to his right before the snap a little bit and didn't, and then got picked legally by the Saints WR and that left Karney wide open. But that was a one time thing. I'd have to re-watch the one play everybody is bagging Roy on. It appears to me that was Watkins fault. He was late on covering Crumpler and Roy had to pick his poison....go after Griffith or Crumpler. Since the Falcons always look for Crumpler, he decided to bump Crumpler and it left Griffith wide open. Even with the mental mistakes out of the picture, I don't think Bradie has the athletic ability to be a good cover LB. Burnett might have the ability, but he's young and inexperienced at this point.

YAKUZA