Who is faster, Parsons or Hollywood Henderson?

bb721

Reaction score
Hollywood is 68 years old so my money is on Parsons.

Ok, your money is on Parsons. I need some odds. I’ll take Henderson if you give him an 18 yard lead in the 40….

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cowboys practically invented the use of speed in football when they drafted the receiver who had set a new Olympic record in the 50 yard dash.

Bob Hayes was responsible for the invention of the "zone" defense.

The Cowboys would then spend several draft picks over the next three years looking for a QB with an arm strong enough to throw a deep pass that Hayes didn't have to go back to catch. Craig Morton's best quality was his deep ball.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Who do you think ran a faster 40 time, Micah Parsons or Hollywood Henderson? There are different sources out there, but what is your best guess?

Ignorant British viewpoint, but does it matter as you very rarely run a straight, unmolested 40?

Suggestion for the combine,with the: 40 and the shuttle, they should invite and a new test.......maneuvering around a stationary 300lb O-Line man in a confined space (who's allowed one push).

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Pretty close between the Cowboys and Dolphins in the 1971 Super Bowl. I came up with 16 coaches and players on the field.
And I didn't even include Gil Brandt, which would have pushed the Cowboys-Steelers number to 19. :eek:

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Man i miss the toss sweep, can we bring that play back?

nathanlt

Reaction score
Ignorant British viewpoint, but does it matter as you very rarely run a straight, unmolested 40?

Suggestion for the combine,with the: 40 and the shuttle, they should invite and a new test.......maneuvering around a stationary 300lb O-Line man in a confined space (who's allowed one push).

No, you're right... it's more of an age old who's fastest question. As some posters have pointed out, Hollywood's 9.5 in the 100 has some serious questions about it. Probably, that the 100 wasn't exactly specified as meters.. ah ... metres (forgot who I was talking to). and it probably was in yards, which allows for impressive phrases like "9.5 in the 100", deliberately ambigious