Who is more clutch. Tony or Dak?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
oh, no I am not dismissing that. he did well. he did what he was asked to do. made occasional plays. minimized his mistakes. leaned on the team and running game. that was great. he had the leadership skills in being able to go into a situation like that and step up. but my point was it wasn't as if he was inserted into a team like the Bills, or cinci. he had the supporting cast to help him and allow him to lean on them.

this is not a Romo vs. Dak comparison.
And that's a great thing for a young player. I just think more fans should realize the significance it can have. It's almost like some fans here would actually rather he fail. It's weird.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The most important questions here is...imagine what Dak Prescott would have looked like with the type of defenses that Tony Romo had to endure?

I.e. Prescott would not have had the safety blanket of the defense helping him out on occasions giving him more chances to win so he would have had to commit the same risk that Romo did - the only way to win those games was to be a gunslinger - who would look more clutch out of Prescott and Romo in that scenario?

This isn't a criticism of Prescott - but merely an observation (I await getting panned by the Prescott lovers).

Like in 2016? When our defense wasn’t very good again?

He did the same thing Romo did. Have a really nice regular season and then get bounced in the divisional round thanks to poor defensive play.

History keeps repeating itself and it isn’t the fault of either of the QB’s. Romo or Dak