Who is more clutch. Tony or Dak?

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Perhaps “ clutch” needs to be better defined ?

Is that 4th qtr comebacks? Or coming thru in critical situations ? 3rd down conversions ? Playoff games?

Without looking at stats my first instinct is Romo would probably lead most of those categories. Unless this is more about who our favorite QB is?

I’m not really a fan of either while rooting them on cause they’re our guy . I yearned and still do for one of the more Elite QB’s like back in the day when we were playing for championships more regularly.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I'm sorry you missed the playoffs win against Seattle...go back and watch then rethink your post
Don’t think he was clutch at all, it was more like awful defense. But even if we grant him that one, it’s pretty telling that on a 3rd and 14 to be clutch he had to rely on catching the D off guard with an extremely unlikely-to-succeed QB draw. Joe Montana that ain’t.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak isn’t clutch at all, I have no idea why people keep saying he is based on game winning drive stats they don’t understand. He’s a dink and dunk guy; the game is never on him so how exactly is he going to be clutch?
With Romo any fan of the last two decades can instantly name multiple clutch positive and negative plays because the game was always in his hands until the end of his career. Dak’s most clutch moment by far was last year’s game against the 6-10 Giants, but that was a meaningless exhibition against tons of backups and mentally checked out Giants so there was zero pressure to win. Dak isn’t clutch; his most important skill is handing off.
Dak Prescott tied for second-most game-winning drives in 2018
By Patrik Walker

Pressure. It can either burst pipes or turn coal into diamonds, and when it's applied to Dak Prescott, it's more often the latter that occurs.

There's a lot that can and is being said about the franchise quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, and that's been the case since landing the starting job in 2016 on the heels of a back injury suffered by Tony Romo in August 2016 that opened the door for Prescott to show the NFL what he was made of. He'd go from simply a fourth-round compensatory pick who entered training camp battling for the role of QB3, to helping the Cowboys mount a historic 11-game win streak en route to a 13-3 record, a bye week and home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They'd fall one Aaron Rodgers' pass short of advancing in the tournament, but it wasn't Prescott's fault, considering his numbers were either equal to or better than Rodgers in that contest.

The message had been sent and received: Dak Prescott was as clutch as it gets at the professional level.

He had five 4th-quarter comebacks and five game-winning drives that season en route to landing Rookie of the Year honors, and he proved those pressure-packed performances were no fluke by delivering another five GWDs in 2018 — good enough to tie for second place behind only Drew Brees in the category.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Dak Prescott tied for second-most game-winning drives in 2018
By Patrik Walker

Pressure. It can either burst pipes or turn coal into diamonds, and when it's applied to Dak Prescott, it's more often the latter that occurs.

There's a lot that can and is being said about the franchise quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, and that's been the case since landing the starting job in 2016 on the heels of a back injury suffered by Tony Romo in August 2016 that opened the door for Prescott to show the NFL what he was made of. He'd go from simply a fourth-round compensatory pick who entered training camp battling for the role of QB3, to helping the Cowboys mount a historic 11-game win streak en route to a 13-3 record, a bye week and home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They'd fall one Aaron Rodgers' pass short of advancing in the tournament, but it wasn't Prescott's fault, considering his numbers were either equal to or better than Rodgers in that contest.

The message had been sent and received: Dak Prescott was as clutch as it gets at the professional level.

He had five 4th-quarter comebacks and five game-winning drives that season en route to landing Rookie of the Year honors, and he proved those pressure-packed performances were no fluke by delivering another five GWDs in 2018 — good enough to tie for second place behind only Drew Brees in the category.
Like I said, you and other clueless fans don’t know what a game winning drive is.

Jipper

Reaction score
Don’t think he was clutch at all, it was more like awful defense. But even if we grant him that one, it’s pretty telling that on a 3rd and 14 to be clutch he had to rely on catching the D off guard with an extremely unlikely-to-succeed QB draw. Joe Montana that ain’t.

you are changing the definition of clutch to fit your agenda....dallas had 3rd and 14 and the momentum was shifting...dak pulled back saw a hole, took off and set up the td which he also scored....

in a playoff game

that's a pure definition of clutch...sorry you dislike dak so much that you can't even admit that...but I bet you were happy when he picked up thay first down!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
haha...just admit you dislike dak and nothing he can do will be clutch in your eyes
As I said I don’t think think he is clutch because I can’t recall typically clutch QB (great throws in important moments) play from him with ease as I can with others. He’s a dink and dunk guy. But on the plus side, that means I can’t think of any blatant screw ups either.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
haha...just admit you dislike dak and nothing he can do will be clutch in your eyes

Is Aaron Rodgers clutch because he has comeback drives against bad teams but is like 2-36 against teams with winning records?

This is my problem with "clutch" - the quality of opponent matters here. You don't get to the Super Bowl being clutch against crappy teams. Why do you think Rodgers has one ring? Because when he needed to be clutch against teams like the Giants, 49ers, Falcons, Seahawks...he failed. The year he won a Super Bowl, he had a comfortable lead against each team outside of the Eagles when Vick choked late game.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Like I said, you and other clueless fans don’t know what a game winning drive is.
You'd be one of those clueless fans. It's one thing to try to make your stupid point with other fans. It's quite another thing when your stupid point is contradicted by sports writers just telling the facts. Dak is as clutch as they get so not only are you wrong but you are wrong by a mile.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
You'd be one of those clueless fans. It's one thing to try to make your stupid point with other fans. It's quite another thing when your stupid point is contradicted by sports writers just telling the facts. Dak is as clutch as they get so not only are you wrong but you are wrong by a mile.
Just let me know when you have a complete definition of game winning drive so I can school you. Assignment due by tomorrow.

Jipper

Reaction score
As I said I don’t think think he is clutch because I can’t recall typically clutch QB (great throws in important moments) play from him with ease as I can with others. He’s a dink and dunk guy. But on the plus side, that means I can’t think of any blatant screw ups either.

again you are changing the definition of clutch to be specific to an attribute...in your argument you can only be clutch with great throws....dak has made some great throws but he has made some great plays with his feet also....

he's has been clutch in big moments and whether it was with his feet, his arm or his game management he has done more than enough in 3 years to earn that title.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak isn’t clutch at all, I have no idea why people keep saying he is based on game winning drive stats they don’t understand. He’s a dink and dunk guy; the game is never on him so how exactly is he going to be clutch?
With Romo any fan of the last two decades can instantly name multiple clutch positive and negative plays because the game was always in his hands until the end of his career. Dak’s most clutch moment by far was last year’s game against the 6-10 Giants, but that was a meaningless exhibition against tons of backups and mentally checked out Giants so there was zero pressure to win. Dak isn’t clutch; his most important skill is handing off.

AMEN.....Dak is clutch as Fish are to a desert.......check-down anyone?????

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
again you are changing the definition of clutch to be specific to an attribute...in your argument you can only be clutch with great throws....dak has made some great throws but he has made some great plays with his feet also....

he's has been clutch in big moments and whether it was with his feet, his arm or his game management he has done more than enough in 3 years to earn that title.
There is no definition of “clutch”, genius. It’s a made up concept... for me, a routine run up the middle on a clueless defense isn’t clutch. It just shows his limitations, sadly.
And I notice you are clinging to that one run after three years in the NFL, which is telling in and of itself. Joe Montana that AIN’T.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
There's a stat out that Dak killed Wentz in 4th quarter comeback, so I'd say Dak has the skillset over Tony at this time in their careers.

Remember, when Tony was in his third year he was still turning the ball over.....that Bills game he had 5!!!!
Romo hadn't even thrown a pass in the nfl his first 3 years.