Who is still out there?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
McCheapo Steven aint signing free agents...……………so there is nothing coming to help but the draft.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You know what the offer was or are you just making an assumption?

To say he hasn’t agreed to a contract already yet is technically an assumption. If he’s grossly asking for more than market value, it would have been reported. Like it was for Antonio, Earl, Le’Veon, etc. He is a top 5 DE and it makes sense if he’s asking for money that the top guys are making. If he was getting offered that, he likely would already been signed months ago. Ergo, he is being lowballed, as his agent has come out and proclaimed they aren’t close on numbers (another assumption the source is his agent, but it almost always is when it comes to contract terms leaking)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
You know what the offer was or are you just making an assumption?
Egals fans always make assumptions when it comes to our Cowboys. If anyone was "lowballing" it was the greedy Egals pertaining to Foles.

They're going to pay dearly for that move being Wentz has yet to play a full season. Back on topic. Cowboys are going to be clicking on ALL cylinders. They're gonna be tough.

HungryLion

Reaction score
To say he hasn’t agreed to a contract already yet is technically an assumption. If he’s grossly asking for more than market value, it would have been reported. Like it was for Antonio, Earl, Le’Veon, etc. He is a top 5 DE and it makes sense if he’s asking for money that the top guys are making. If he was getting offered that, he likely would already been signed months ago. Ergo, he is being lowballed, as his agent has come out and proclaimed they aren’t close on numbers (another assumption the source is his agent, but it almost always is when it comes to contract terms leaking)

So we don’t really know the offer yet......

Besides this thread isn’t about the Lawrence negotiations. It’s about who can we go get. The cowboys currently own the rights to Lawrence.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So we don’t really know the offer yet......

Besides this thread isn’t about the Lawrence negotiations. It’s about who can we go get. The cowboys currently own the rights to Lawrence.

There is a scenario where he never again plays for the Cowboys. Steelers got no compensation for Bell. Eagles once had that situation with Trotter. Chiefs only got a 2020 2nd rounder for Ford. Until he gets his record breaking contract, there is a strong possibility he represents a departure of talent from the 2017 team.

So I don’t think it’s out of bounds to consider him a big addition once the contract is signed.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not a free agent.

Hasn't signed a contract, either.

The Cowboys aren't going after any of the names bouncing around this place. That should be obvious at this point. Might as well focus on getting DLaw resolved.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
al-bundy-polk-steelers1.jpg

an upgrade at QB is available? ;)

HungryLion

Reaction score
There is a scenario where he never again plays for the Cowboys. Steelers got no compensation for Bell. Eagles once had that situation with Trotter. Chiefs only got a 2020 2nd rounder for Ford. Until he gets his record breaking contract, there is a strong possibility he represents a departure of talent from the 2017 team.

So I don’t think it’s out of bounds to consider him a big addition once the contract is signed.

I get it and resigning Lawrence needs to be a priority. But I am more specifically looking at ways to build on last years roster in this thread.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I willl start by saying that I am frustrated that they failed to sign Earl Thomas. I know there was concerns about his injuries, but at the same time he is a hall of fame level player at a position of need who has played for our secondary coach before.

I want the front office to make a few moves to actually improve the team, before the draft comes.

The positions I feel that most need to be addressed to really improve the team are:

DT/DE, Safety, slot receiver. OL depth.

What free agents are still available that can be impact players at these positions?

And is there any hope in Dallas signing them?

I want the team to go for it already.
That Earl Thomas contract was the kind of gamble that could totally destroy you.
  • First, totally over the top for a guy his age with injuries
  • Second, you pay that type money to a safety, you are dead with your QB, RB, WR, and DE who all need to be paid.
  • Third, let's say he stays healthy and plays well, is his play really going to dramatically change the W-L record? Are we going to lose a few more games because we play with a lesser safety?
  • Finally, if he is injured AGAIN, or starts to play more carefully to avoid injury, WOW...did you see the guaranteed money you have to pay that guy? 14 million was a huge average, but that guarantee was crazy, I think.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
Tre Boston, Tate, ziggy, houston, suh, Malcom brown. There is a lot of value still out there for us. We don’t need to waste money on big money guys. We should’ve did that last year or year before when our top guys wasn’t coming up for big pay days